WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – gee! You didn’t post any pics where you look hideous. What am I missing Just what I was thinking too!
    Don't really have anything to say today, going to try and do some tracking today, I know that will help me get back on the losing wagon! Might scare me a bit today too..... lol
    Congrats to those celebrating, hugs to those who need them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Chanderese – you’re doing great

Well, I’ve procrastinated enough. I’ve thought of everything possible (oh, wait, I can get ready for exercise tomorrow…maybe that’ll waste about 15 minutes). I’d really better start painting the black on my ceramics. I hate doing black…probably because black is so permanent. Off to procrastinate some more…lol

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ I didn't know there was a pie chart to use on MFP. Where is it?

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    I posted something the other day and now don’t see it here! Trying to catch up. On pg 20 now.

RV Rita
  • sueCque27
    sueCque27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sue 51yo. Looking forward to being part of this group!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr

Really high HDL is a good thing.

Concerning the low sodium, are you on a diuretic (water pill) like hydrochlorothiazide, chlorthalidone, or furosemide?

And what is your WBC?

XOXO

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Janet ~ I didn't know there was a pie chart to use on MFP. Where is it?

Carol in GA

I think you have to be a paying member and its only on the phone app.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Janetr

Concerning the low sodium, are you on a diuretic (water pill) like hydrochlorothiazide, chlorthalidone, or furosemide?

And what is your WBC?

XOXO

Karen in Virginia

Yes I do take furosemide once a day, I drink a ton of water so am cutting that down. My WBC was 2.5 I see the doctor did not mention the high HDL so I'm glad that's good. I eat very very little fat or carbs. :) I eat an average of 100-110 g. of protein per day. That is A LOT. I thought I read somewhere that he mentioned increasing protein consumption but can't find that note now.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Janetr

And what is your WBC?

XOXO

Karen in Virginia

Yes I do take a generic Lasix only one a day, I drink a ton of water so am cutting that down. My WBC was 2.5

Janetr OKC

OK...so the ton of water plus the Lasix might be the cause of the low sodium. If you need the Lasix, then cutting back on water is good advice. Do you need the Lasix?

Your WBC is fairly low. There are medications that can cause low WBC (you can look them up easily by Googling), but if it is a new finding, your doctor will definitely want to monitor it. If your bypass happened to be a Roux-en-Y procedure, that particular bypass procedure sometimes results in a low WBC (and low platelet count).

xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    I'll support you if you want!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,350 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m looking for support I used to be using this app til it gave me so much trouble I stopped. I’m back and could use some nice friends again
    Looking forward to getting back on track
    Thx

Yes
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My pie charts on my food log page free on cell phone. Left at bottom I click on nutrition then has 3types to look at

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    I think I've figured out the cause of my stiff knee. This afternoon I fell asleep and slept like a log for an hour and a half. I heard that Bea had a high temperature on Friday, but recovered quickly after a long nap. I felt really off this morning with no motivation to do anything.
    So, my self diagnosis is that I was fighting off a virus which went to my weakest spot - my knee and other joints. DH has had tummy trouble, as has my son and DDIL. I am feeling a lot better this evening though quite bloated and windy.
    I hope my knee will be recovered by tomorrow and I can resume running. This under the weather/virus thing has happened before with my joints, but my knee has been a trial since I was 15.
    I might sleep separately tonight as I don't really feel tired now!
    Not doing too well on my calories with DH at cricket all day. I bought myself some delicious 'healthy' seedy bread, which I adore, but one slice weighs extremely heavily. :o Ouch. Chonks up the calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Janetr You're welcome! Glad I could help a little. If the WBC is about the same as a year ago, I don't think there is a thing to worry about. xo