Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I know some of you (based on your reading choices) are into the fantasy genre... someone just sent me this song, and if dwarves were real, and had a modern band, this totally would be them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU
    (lyrics are all SFW)

Well, it's a good thing I work from home, because I'm going to be humming that all day.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I'd planned on running to the gym today, but I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because my left hamstring was yelling at me until I took a couple of IB, then I slept in because I had stress dreams about taking a test (ARG!!) so I'm thinking the universe might be suggesting a rest day. I'm scheduled to give blood at 1 tomorrow, but there's a 10-11 class at the gym which fingers crossed should give me plenty of time for my blood pressure to go back down. And if I don't make it, I don't make it.

Diggy diggy hole!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    I know some of you (based on your reading choices) are into the fantasy genre... someone just sent me this song, and if dwarves were real, and had a modern band, this totally would be them:

(lyrics are all SFW)

Well, it's a good thing I work from home, because I'm going to be humming that all day.

It is very catchy! :smiley:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,104 Member

(lyrics are all SFW)

This is awesome! And I will also be singing it for the rest of the day. :D
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    July goal: 100 miles

7/2: 6.26 miles
    7/3: 5.51 miles
    7/4: 6.25 miles
    7/7: 9.11 miles
    7/9: 6.23 miles
    7/10: 6.25 miles

39.61/100 miles completed

I had a great run today. It was almost the exact same run as yesterday. I ran 6.25 miles. The temperature was 78°F with 79% humidity and dew point of 71° so it was a little warmer but a little less humid than yesterday. The dew point was the same. Because of the heat, I was really expecting a difficult run, but I felt really good throughout the whole run.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Where is the Groundhog Race? It’s my favorite day of the year. Would love to run a Groundhog Day Race.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,104 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Lazy_Bones_85 It was in Abilene. It was ok, but not very well organized. There were no finishers medals and only 2 age groups. I think they were 38 and under and 39 and up or something like that. There was a nice shirt, but I probably wouldn't run it again. I don't mind not getting a medal for a 5K, but I think if you run a half marathon you should get a medal for it. And the course was also short. It was only 12.78 miles.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member

(lyrics are all SFW)

"Suckled on a teat of stone"
    No wonder they're so tough.
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    @bride001 Stay safe. I don't know how close you are to the trajectory of the hurricane. I'm getting my run done today, just in case we get lots of rain Friday.
  • PastorVincent
    edited July 2019
    kgirlhart wrote: »

(lyrics are all SFW)

This is awesome! And I will also be singing it for the rest of the day. :D

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole
  • PastorVincent
    bride001 wrote: »
    My current state of preparation:
    mtr2yskuabr5.png
    Ack! Stay safe!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    @PastorVincent Do you have enough time to run the earlier Saturday race and get to the location for the later one? I'd like to hear more about how you intend to resolve the conflict.

Plenty, the last race is a night time race, a glow run. :) I could take a nap in between the 3rd and fourth races and still have time for dinner. I should be able to run all for, and as is my tradition with multiple races going to try and PR all 4!

**Note: PastorVincent might not be right in the head, and his race/running strategy might not be the best one to follow

Having never run one, a night-time race never entered my mind. I'm relieved for you, that you don't have to choose between them. I was thinking that around here, most races start at near enough the same time that *I'd* never be able to complete one and get to the next site before gun time.

**Note: Just because I'd try to PR all 4 races, too, doesn't mean I'm trying to emulate any other runner on these forums. Any resemblance to another runner's strategy is purely coincidental.