July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Do you have enough time to run the earlier Saturday race and get to the location for the later one? I'd like to hear more about how you intend to resolve the conflict.

Plenty, the last race is a night time race, a glow run. :) I could take a nap in between the 3rd and fourth races and still have time for dinner. I should be able to run all for, and as is my tradition with multiple races going to try and PR all 4!

**Note: PastorVincent might not be right in the head, and his race/running strategy might not be the best one to follow

Having never run one, a night-time race never entered my mind. I'm relieved for you, that you don't have to choose between them. I was thinking that around here, most races start at near enough the same time that *I'd* never be able to complete one and get to the next site before gun time.

**Note: Just because I'd try to PR all 4 races, too, doesn't mean I'm trying to emulate any other runner on these forums. Any resemblance to another runner's strategy is purely coincidental.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Do you have enough time to run the earlier Saturday race and get to the location for the later one? I'd like to hear more about how you intend to resolve the conflict.

Plenty, the last race is a night time race, a glow run. :) I could take a nap in between the 3rd and fourth races and still have time for dinner. I should be able to run all for, and as is my tradition with multiple races going to try and PR all 4!

**Note: PastorVincent might not be right in the head, and his race/running strategy might not be the best one to follow

Having never run one, a night-time race never entered my mind. I'm relieved for you, that you don't have to choose between them. I was thinking that around here, most races start at near enough the same time that *I'd* never be able to complete one and get to the next site before gun time.

**Note: Just because I'd try to PR all 4 races, too, doesn't mean I'm trying to emulate any other runner on these forums. Any resemblance to another runner's strategy is purely coincidental.

Night races are fun. The course will be lit, at least sections of it, with Tiki torches, and we will be wearing glow necklaces/bracelets. No sun means no need for sunscreen even for those really fair skinned. A bit more of a party atmosphere, but I will be running a race no matter what others are doing. ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    5.28 miles today. Plan was for 8, but started having low BG again and decided to just quit rather than keep treating. Oh, and it was raining. I wore my Patagonia Houdini rain jacket that the reviews say breathes so as not to get swamped out. The reviews are wrong. I may as well have just not worn a jacket. At least that way, I would be cooler and soaked rather than just soaked.

exercise.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

Night races are fun. The course will be lit, at least sections of it, with Tiki torches, and we will be wearing glow necklaces/bracelets. No sun means no need for sunscreen even for those really fair skinned. A bit more of a party atmosphere, but I will be running a race no matter what others are doing. ;)

From mid-June to late September almost all the races we have round here are late afternoon/early evening. I find, even though I always train early in the morning, that I really enjoy watching the sun set during races and finishing in darkness.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are on the mend @MobyCarp !
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @bride001 Ooh my, you are in the direct path. We are in Houston, so we might get rain. Prayers for you and all the people in New Orleans. Hope it doesn't get too bad. Stay safe!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp That sounds like a rough week. Glad that the fever broke and that you are feeling better. Best of luck in your upcoming Half-Marathon.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7-1 rest
    7-2 7k intervals
    7-3 7k moderate
    7-4 rest
    7-5 7k slow
    7-6 7k slow(er)
    7-7 7k slow
    7-8 rest
    7-9 7k intervals
    7-10 7k moderate
    7-11 rest

July Total: 49k
    July Goal: 150k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k

Monthly average: 148.1k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day today. Golf instead.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    zamirasoni wrote: »
    @bride001 Ooh my, you are in the direct path. We are in Houston, so we might get rain. Prayers for you and all the people in New Orleans. Hope it doesn't get too bad. Stay safe!

I am also in Houston and have been watching the updates regularly. @bride001 I’m hopeful you are evacuated and/or have a safe place to stay safe from the storm.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    zamirasoni wrote: »

I am also in Houston and have been watching the updates regularly. @bride001 I’m hopeful you are evacuated and/or have a safe place to stay safe from the storm.

Echoing this ^^^ @bride001! I have been seeing the flooding on the news and hope you and your family and friends are all safe!