What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Roasted boneless skinless chicken thighs that were marinated in the rest of the korean inspired marinade that I made last week (conveniently the recipe called for saving half of it and using it as a dipping sauce, which it is also very good for). I also roasted some golden beets and made pita.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Should have gotten a picture since it turned out so pretty-alas!
    Sea bass with a sauce made from tomatoes, onion and olives, green beans and roasted baby red potatoes.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Poor man's buccatini con bottarga. Replaced the mullet roe with grated mojama. Roast asparagus.
    izfo105t3gpq.jpeg
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    I did the budgetbytes.com creamy salsa chicken skillet.

Dry-rubbed 2lbs chicken thighs with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and a little salt. Pan-fried them in a little olive oil, then set aside to rest. Deglazed pan with a jar of salsa, added black beans and corn and warmed through. Took pan off the heat, added some plain Greek yogurt, plus fresh cilantro and green onions. Sliced chicken and added it back into the pan. Made five servings, one for each workday lunch! Topped with a half an avocado. Came out amazing!unqck44mygvp.jpeg

That looks yummy! I just looked up the recipe and I'm going to try it tomorrow night. It gets very tiresome trying to think up meals for the 5 of us every night that everyone will eat, so I'm always on the lookout for ideas.
  • acpgee
    Dutch herring salad with green apple and beetroot with a Swiss rosti.
    ipgv12yb1i2s.jpeg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Mmmm rösti...

Last night I make lettuce wraps with chicken from earlier this week, this korean miso/chili sauce (but without the scallions and with an added clove of garlic), rice. I will likely have the same thing tonight.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Mostly hot weather food. Ajo blanco followed salad of watermelon/feta/mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main of unseasonal buccatina carbonara stretched with a little spiralized courgette.
    ubi0dtlf92es.jpeg
    x1nk2vx59b7v.jpeg
    cjlo2mpufy3d.jpeg

@acpgee I absolutely am in love with your bowls and plates hon! Such fun colors and designs.
  • the last meal I myself cooked was tacos. the last cooked meal I ate was fajitas. I wonder if there's a pattern there...
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Crustless red onion & goats cheese quiche, with a ton of iceberg, cucumber and yellow pepper. 😋
  • acpgee
    Doing my standard gift for new parents this afternoon of batch cooking some meals for the freezer. Will do a large quantity of Umbrian chicken cacciatore. We will roast some asparagus and green beans in their air fryer.
  • acpgee
    Batch cooking to fill freezer of new parents. Sides of roast asparagus and green beans and jacket potatoes. Main of umbrian chicken cacciatore where we added carrots and mushrooms so that freezer meals won't require making extra veg.
    97wqzrzw56bc.jpeg
    6bowsluhymiu.jpeg

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Grilled chicken wings and flan.
  • Frainy84
    Frainy84 Posts: 10 Member
    This is last meal I cooked. It was a made up recipe I came up with.
  • Frainy84
    7hkjupiyj41i.jpeg
  • Frainy84
    76trcd0u8auz.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Cooked Italian at my Vietnamese girlfriend's place. Would have had a dinner party at my place but they have a newborn so it is easier for me to cook at their place. Demonstrated some southern Italian dishes which have a flavour profile similar to Vietnamese food. Caponata and pasta puttanesca. I didn't do dessert but coffee granita would have fallen in this category of Italy meets Vietnam.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jul/29/how-to-cook-perfect-caponata-felicity-cloake
    https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/italian/pasta-puttanesca-tarts-spaghetti
  • acpgee
    Dinner tonight was basic. Pad Thai from David Thompson's cookbook.
    eqh4z0tc7p26.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Dinner for 6 tonight in the summer-grill-and-salads theme. Supplemented freshmade Carolina Slaw and Tomato-Cucumber salad with several deli-bought salads (potato, black bean) as sides to grilled marinated BBQ chicken breasts. I try to make every dish in this summer theme simple, wholesome stuff.

Pics:
    1. Grilled marinated BBQ chicken breasts.
    2. Carolina Slaw.
    3. Tomato-Cucumber salad.

gv8fo9zj8md5.jpg

cgrzu8l9ythi.jpg

ljxxo8n053vt.jpg

• acpgee
    Buccatini carbonara stretched with some spiralized courgette. Sauteed spinach.
    4s7tfu3jhfu4.jpeg