Yoga tonight...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I have a few things to log:
    Tuesday
    Rowing, 8k metres in 2.22 pace. I was happy enough with this, as I finished at around 1 a.m., so doing the exercise showed some WIM on my part.

Wednesday
    Day off

Thursday
    Bouldering for 75 minutes. I nearly got to the top of a v3 I've been working on for months. The last move is really scary, and I didn't get it. But it's the first time I've been close.

Today
    My only opportunity to exercise was this morning. So I did 2x8 minutes rowing; with 2 minutes rest between sets. 2.14 pace overall, with the second set being slightly faster than the first.

Climbers tend to make really good indoor rowers. I have a good online training buddy that does a ton of both and he's become a very strong rower. Like ridiculously good and he's a British "lightweight" (under 165 lbs). Just be careful with your rowing grip and make sure it's light -- wrapping just the fingers and not the thumb. Climbing and rowing can be very tough on your fingers. My buddy only has to usually take time off both if he has a finger ligament injury, which used to happen a lot more often when he was getting acclimated to both.

I honestly can't fathom doing both but my fingers and toes have never been particularly strong.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Friday Yayday

30 min personal training, trx working shoulders and chest (back, triceps and biceps are going to be hit on Monday)

45min total body conditioning class, basically legs, bums and tums with a bit of arms thrown in for good measure

Total of just over 3 miles run, 1.2mile warm up, run up a nasty hill, half mile cool down then a mile with my 5 year old. I think it's really important the children see me active and have a chance to join in at their level if they want.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    LesMills Body Combat-1 hour
    Walked dog- 45 min
    Les Mills Body flow 45 min, training to be instructor so practicing by myself
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class yesterday (7/11), 6.9k rowing the double today (7/12) . . . continuing the routine that makes me happy, but isn't all that fascinating to write about. ;)

Feeling a bit of . . . I dunno . . . either training envy or training intimidation on this thread (in context of an personal routine I actively enjoy btw). There's a sense in which I miss doing more-structured rowing training (which I quit quite intentionally, for reasons of life-balance satisfaction as well as a perceived need to vary training load away from a "best performance" goal because of some physical issues). The other rowers on the thread, especially, sound like they're having fun, so maybe I just have FOMO. ;)

Keep up the goodness, all! :)

If you find the answer to balance in life, I'll be first in line to buy your book! Speaking for just me, personally, this week wasn't fun at all but I did find out some answers regarding if I can hold up OK with more rigorous training, for now at least.

When you swing too far to any side, whether it's life or training, you give up something. To me, just from what I know about you on here, sounds like you have a very fulfilling life. You certainly help and motivate many, including me, on here. If you want to swing back to more competitive work, it doesn't have to be all consuming. I think much of my indoor training is so I can be like you when I retire and simply have the capacity to learn OTW rowing.

If you're looking for challenge, but not too much seriousness, I thought of the "Nonathlon" for you. It's a bunch of indoor rowers that row literally every distance and keep fun scores. You get handicapped for being a lightweight or female or older. You work on distances from 100m all the way up to a Marathon. Most do it for fun and just to make training more interesting. Plus, the community of folks is fantastic. I've never done it but have thought about it. Sounds like a blast.

https://www.nonathlon.com/

Oh, today was 30 minutes on the rower (finally kept my HR down, I think it never crept above 132) and 20 REALLY easy minutes on the Air Bike. Real easy recovery stuff.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class yesterday (7/11), 6.9k rowing the double today (7/12) . . . continuing the routine that makes me happy, but isn't all that fascinating to write about. ;)

That's how I feel about my posts, haha. It's basically the same post everyday. Is what it is... ;)

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    PHUL lower hypertrophy day and the 30 minute walk each way to the gym and back with a detour for errands. And I also feel that I post the same thing with just different days in the cycle.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Rest day! JK
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    80:20 Foundation run 5
    40 minutes
    3 X 8 tricep pushups
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/12/2019 - rest day.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Saturday.

Super easy mile run on way to bootcamp

1hr bootcamp lots of running drills, plus trx work
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    7/12
    40 min swim

Today
    5.5 mile run
    1 hr yoga class
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    80:20 Speed play run 5; 33 minutes
    3 X 15 second chin up hangs with eccentric lowering
    50 pushups
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    lots of squats, cardio, and light weights....Im pooooped!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Elliptical warm-up
    Barbell squats
    Mixed standing and sitting weighted calf raises
    Quad leg extensions
    Hamstring leg curls
    Adductor and abductor machines
    Stairclimber finisher with leg raises and side steps

I went lighter today than my usual leg day, too sore to push hard. Monday will be upper body.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Last week was vacation. Some pretty active days, and a good deal of laying around. It was fabulous.
    This week- as of this morning I had gotten in 3 Krav Maga classes and 2 full body lifting sessions. Feels good to be back!
  • TaliaEsca
    TaliaEsca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went on a 3 mile walk with my husband this morning to get coffee. Not very far, but I haven't exercised in a long time, so this was a pretty good workout to start. Yesterday I started the 30 day shred level one and realized how out of shape that I have gotten- I had to pause it half way through and give myself a break. I plan on completing the 30 days and incorporating a bit of cardio this month to gradually get back to working out more.