Serial Starters

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    MFP has not been cooperating this week. I have been able to log my food but each time I would try to get to this group, I would get an "Error 400: Forbidden" message. Happy I was able to get on here today!!

The heat is bad enough that my club had to cancel our Car Wash & Bake Sale that raises money for the local animal shelter. They bring several animals for adoption which is a big draw. It was not safe to bring them tomorrow so we had to reschedule for September. That means I have a freezer full of cookies now! :s

Sara - good luck in the interviews. do i understand correctly that the first interview was for a position with same Manager but different Supervisor? i hope you get something that you truly enjoy! Not sure they would allow you to be the test proctor for fear you would poach all the eye candy for cabana boy positions! :p

Dawn - before I got my FitBit Alta HR, I had a miFit. It could be worn on wrist or in a pendant. It had no smartwatch features, only recorded steps and let you know how close you were to your step goal. It was under $20 and lasted me a long time. I got it off Amazon. You can also check fb marketplace for FitBits. A lot of people upgrade and sell their old ones for cheap.

Trying hard to get back into good habits. I may have convinced DH to come workout while I walk on treadmill in the evenings. His dr told him to work on cardio at least 3 times a week. Of course, all that working out depends on if I have a job after 29 July. Still no word on if contract has been extended or a new company is taking over or what is going on. Its getting pretty *kitten* stressful!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Lana - I hear you and so I am looking at the interview I have after work today with a little more hope. I did not realize the "misalignment" of staff until after I applied and I need to remain politically correct.

Shoe shopping got pushed as there is a coupon for $20.00 for this store, so that is a good reason.

Kathryn, ignore the frozen yummies and wow what is it with jobs? Hang in there.

Vultures and buzzards - 2 unattractive creatures flying low - bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    9dkmu9gy68h1.png

euup580yc6bb.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    9642 total steps

Day is done, time to reward myself by having another interview - 2 days in a row is exhausting. This interview I have no clue how well I did or how I compare w/ other candidates. We shall see.

My job tonight is to not eat too much.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- I say, go for job testing peace officers...we need all the CBoys we can get...hehe... I agree with Lana... same Mgr may not be good move... hopefully, you'll hear something about one of the other jobs, soon... hugs

Kathryn- I get that message all the time... very frustrating, as this is main reason I even use MFP...I never think to look on Marketplace...I want something I can sync with MFP... but, will check out miFit... cost is definitely an issue... fingers crossed for your job and getting DH to work out with you... my walking has come to a complete stand still, thanks to Excessive Heat Warning. .. what happened to Spring? Went from Monsoon to desert.... blah

Lynn- does your Garmin sync with MFP? I've thought about looking at those, as well... again, mostly a money issue... Thank you for your thoughts

Lana- HUGSSSS
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    I had such a busy week at work. I can’t believe how fast it went! I am so busy that I don’t even have time to log in on my phone and then a couple days MFP wouldn’t let me get into the boards anyway.

Sara - I think the testing job would be interesting, hope you get it.

It’s crazy weather this year, we have had rain at least once in a 24 hour period every day since the beginning of June. Our furnace has kicked on at least once a week every week since September. I hope we get some summer soon. This is very depressing.

I have not walked to work yet, my hip is just not up for it. I’m hoping that heals soon too.

Tracey In Edmonton

• Tilliesmommy1
    One more spin by, I was walking to neighbor to give her some info I got on getting a job with the state etc and I realized that in yesterday' s and today's interview I did not belittle myself, which I have done in the past. That warrants more ice cream bars (think fun size) as it is progress forwards.

Dawn and those in Heat wave path - take it as easy as you can.

Tracey - the job is within 10 minutes drive for me!! WOW that would be too good to be true. Nice little daydream.

This time it is true- wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Morning All! Bought a cute small armoire from a woman on Facebook Marketplace and a leaded glass window from another. The armoire may stay with me or go to the booth depending on the size when I get there. Window is definitely going to the booth. Armoire lady said to get there before 7. Window guy said 7 AM so here we go! Great nephew in town and taking him catfishing (HOT!!) later today. Working on latest project piece and will post pics when it gets further along.

Waves to all and I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and productive Saturday. Stay COOL!!!!!!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

I was more interested in sleep. Two interviews in two days is exhausting. Thank you Suzu for getting us started.

Our temps wont get HOT again until middle of week, so enjoying what is now.

Dog is waiting for me to leave, but I have to post first.

Stay cool and safe out there. BBL.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all. Rainy stormy day here in WI. Promises of lower humidity though. We are lucky here no damage. Some people not so lucky. My step count will be low today. Putzing around house
    Dawn - I do believe my garmin syncs to mfp. It does not with fit bit so that was a little disappointing. I am not a food logger though on mfp. I keep a daily journal (most days) in good old pen and paper because it is more to me than just calories. I try and account for my feelings when I over indulge and situations and what I learned. So anyway trying to say that was not important to me. Reliability step count heart rate and gps were my wants. And yes to be honest I would t have paid my money for it. I “earned” it through health incentive points at work. Sleep tracking feature also pretty interesting. I still love my little fitbitzip. I still put it in every day because to be honest there are times I just don’t want my watch on.
    Waves to all - Lana Sara Tracey Hickchick Suzu and all others. Have a great weekend.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Only time for a short peep to say Hey to Sara, and Lynn, and Dawn in the Deserts of Missouri, and Suzu, and Tracey in Edmonton, and Kathryn HickChic, emphasis on Chic, as in Trés Chic 🙂, and anyone else who stops by later on.

Sara - I hope that you can chill with Miss Tillie over the weekend and do things that restore your soul and sense of well-being. Interviewing is hard. Sending much love and shoulder rubs, and hugs.

If you are in a HOT ZONE, please drink water even if you don't feel thirsty!!

I went to WW today. Numbers are not good, as I knew they wouldn't be, but I am continuing on. Keep getting back up on that balance beam Lana! Never give up, no matter how awful life is. chug, chug, chugging along...

Hugs to All,
    Lana

--Let's look at the home scale tomorrow--
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Well...I had a long post typed out, just for MFP to close on me...grrr

Lynn- thank you for info... maybe Christmas gift to myself...

Lana- at least you went to WW... you know where you are.. just start from there... you'll be back on track before you know it...

Sara- fingers (and toes) crossed for testing job...hehe

Still no walking for awhile... extreme heat advisory until Monday... is it Fall, yet?

• Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog was fussing so much last night (drank too much water before bed) that many of my dreams involve me being lost and having a panting dog....

Grocery shopping times two today, sat in on a free 'how to get a job with the state' and ran long and dog had groomers apt, so at least I can do them back to back and not worry about it. The lady spoke a LOT about herself and her career etc but it did reinforce the "who you know" aspect.

Hoping food ideas for meals find me as I shop.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Morning - Up early to go walking with my buddy. Not sure if we will run some, but we will see. HOT and humid. Painted a furniture piece yesterday. It was small and this didn't take long, but even though in the shade it took me half the morning because I was sweating so much my glasses would flood every time I bent to dip the paintbrush.
    Did not end up taking nephew fishing with the heat advisory yesterday. At least today is cloudy and we are supposed to get relief tomorrow.
    Have a great Sunday all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Miss Tillie hates it when I am in and out of the house too much - so the treats were appreciated. I did find 2 Hispanic cboy candidates at the second store.

Lana- keep us posted on your individualized diet/lifestyle and how can we keep you going forwards??
  • LanaCabana537

Sara !
    Glad you found more candidates!!

Makes me smile~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up slightly but heat is here and hard to walk - maybe more water????

Tomorrow I have my Sup meeting, but that is tomorrow - today is clothing swap and I get to donate 7 tops and a pair of shoes. What is not taken will go to charity, so out of my closet they go....... Empty hangers for my next Thrift store shopping.

23 is the total number of State exams.We shall see what we shall see.

Stay hydrated out there.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking on this hot Monday.
  • suzu_2
    Lana - I am with you. If I am not regimented then I will gain weight and make poor choices. I really do think that for me, falling off a diet is much like an alcoholic that thinks they are "cured enough to handle it."
    Hope you get this back under control for your sake!

Happy Monday All!!
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara and Suzu~~

Geeez, did I have a rotten night's sleep. Slept three hours, then could not get back to sleep. I got up for a couple of hours and did some mindless tasks, then maybe got a couple more hours. I am dragging.

When I don't sleep well, I can't diet well or get enough exercise.
    I have lost my ability to fall asleep for a nap, which stinks.
    But.....I'm going to try right now for a catnap anyway.....

Crabby Lana

248.2 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal