What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 egg bean sprout omelet with Sriracha, large slice of rye toast with butter, coffee

Lunch: lentils, scoop of cottage cheese, and "mocha ice cream" made with only frozen bananas, almond milk, baking cocoa & instant coffee (Chocolate Covered Katie recipe)

Dinner: whole wheat rotini with homemade marinara packed w/ celery & onion and TVP "meat" - a little mozzarella baked on top. Fresh pineapple.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 crumpets with peanut butter and homemade blueberry lime jam, hot tea with milk and sugar
    Super late snack: Small ice cream from Coldstone Creamery: 1/2 chocolate, 1/2 coffee with brownie mixed in - Happy National Ice Cream Day!
    Dinner: BBQ chicken thigh with jalapeno mac and cheese and green beans
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two over easy eggs. A slice of toast with garlic hummus, cherry tomato slices, and everything bagel seasoning. Coconut-flavored coffee with a splash of cashew milk and Splenda.

Lunch: I was really feeling the garlic hummus today, so I did a toasted sandwich with the garlic hummus, tomatoes, cucumber, and everything bagel seasoning. My God, it was so good. I also had a couple forkfuls of the tuna I made the other day (tuna, light mayo, celery, and red onion) and a serving of cottage cheese with blueberries.

Dinner: A cheeseburger with pickles, cheese, and ketchup. Fries.

Dessert: I finally got my ice cream today! My friend and I had some of the good, homemade ice cream from a local place that does offbeat flavors. I had something called 'Merica, which was a vanilla buttercream type flavor with Twinkie cake pieces and red, white, and blue sprinkles, on top of their creamy lemon (not a tart sorbet, but more like a lemon cake flavor. It paired really nicely with 'Merica).
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: breakfast sausage taco, coffee

Lunch: veggie summer rolls, peanut sauce

Snack: veggie chips

Dinner: cauliflower white bean soup, broccoli, pretzel roll
    Dessert: Chilly cow bar
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Matcha coconut protein pancakes with blueberries and mixed seeds (The Body Department recipe adaptation) with Siggi's 0% skyr mixed with PB2 and raw wildflower honey spread on top and in between each pancake; nitro cold brew

Morning snack:
    Oatmega bar (dark chocolate peanut)

Lunch:
    Cava! This was my first time trying the food here and I loved it so much. I can't wait to go again. I had a supergreens bowl (raw kale, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and chicory) with black lentils, spicy lamb meatballs, eggplant + pepper hummus, tomato and cucumber salad, pickled onions, and sriracha Greek yogurt drizzled on top.

Afternoon snack:
    2 egg whites, 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill vanilla protein powder booster with chia seeds, and 1 tbsp fig spread whisked and cooked into mini pancakes; Starbucks tall cold brew with a splash of sweet cream

Dinner:
    Crab cake, a small piece of homemade pot roast, and roasted carrots and asparagus
    "Funky monkey" ice cream (banana ice cream with chocolate peanut butter cups) Delicious! I'll second that happy national ice cream day! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea, 1 cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    fresh mango w/lots of ice water

Dinner:
    vegetable egg foo young (well done), shrimp toast w/lots of hot mustard, vegetable fried rice, sauteed garlic spinach, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    McDonald's ice cream cone, fresh cut cold pineapple rings
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - chocolate croissant, almond milk latte. Lunch - greens & fruit smoothie, potato chips w/ salsa, bowl of green grapes. Dinner - salmon & 1/2 chicken breast w/ side of grilled eggplant, squash and asparagus. Snack - 2 yasso icecream bars
  • rompydompy
    rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with ham, swiss and gruyere, Vidalia onion, green pepper and mushrooms, maple cream of wheat.

Lunch: worked through it.

Dinner: Teriyaki Chicken kabobs with fresh pineapple, Vidalia, yellow and green peppers, and grilled sweet potatoes.

Snacks: popcorn and kind bar mini.

..... And a beer and two crown Royal and diet Cokes. 😁
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Millville sweet & salty nut granola bar
    Lunch: chicken lettuce wraps (ordered from California Pizza Kitchen and catered at work)
    Afternoon snack: pineapple
    Dinner: beef burger patty on half a bun with pickles, lettuce and spicy mayo with a tiny scoop of ranch pasta salad
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: coconut Greek yogurt with unsweetened shredded coconut mixed in, coffee

Lunch: 3 black bean soft tacos with cheddar, lettuce, massaged kale (whatever that even means? haha), and salsa

Snack: dark chocolate covered espresso beans

Dinner: 2 egg omelet with mushrooms, peppers, bean sprouts & onion, 1 Morningstar sausage link, slice of rye toast with butter, 1/2 grapefruit
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Strawberry Oikos Zero greek yogurt
    Lunch: Meatballs with greek salad consisting of red onion, feta, cucumber, and tomatoes
    Snack: Protein shake made with water
    Dinner: BBQ chicken thigh, bacon jalapeno mac and cheese, and green beans
    Dessert: Making homemade molasses cookies for a cookie swap at work tomorrow, so I'll probably have one of those.... and some of the cookie dough.
    If I have enough calories, also a small scoop of Enlightened ice cream.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    cup of garlic tea, cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Wendy's double cheeseburger, medium fries, medium watered down coke

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    cup of honey vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, black and green olives
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [inbetween HIIT and lifting]; protein superfood smoothie bowl (Siggi's 0% skyr, vanilla protein superfood powder, soy milk, matcha powder, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, 2 pitted dates, and paleo coconola); cold brew coffee [after lifting]

Morning snack:
    Clio Greek yogurt bar (strawberry)

Lunch:
    Poke bowl (black rice, spring mix salad, spinach leaves, salmon and tuna sashimi, shrimp, edamame, avocado, sliced cucumbers, chopped macadamia nuts, and a drizzle of ginger wasabi sauce)

Afternoon snack:
    Cortado w/ soy milk; Epic performance bar (peanut butter chocolate)

Dinner:
    Butternut squash noodles, arugula, peas, and onions, and lightly parmesan crusted chicken breast; Godiva dark chocolate raspberry twirl truffle
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bf: cold brew & passion fruit Greek yogurt
    Lunch grilled chicken Caesar salad
    Snack skim milk latte
    Dinner veggie garlic pasta
    Snack 2 glasses pino noir
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with a little butter, cherries

Lunch: Panang tofu curry and a little rice

Snack: cherries

Dinner: rice noodles and tofu with bell peppers, carrots and mushrooms. Dessert: a couple bites of carrot cake my son made

Lots of tofu today...not sure how that happened, but I do love it!!
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- whole wheat pita w/hummus, coffee. Lunch - Greek yogurt, bowl of blueberries, 2 kiwis snack - iced latte, 2 dark chocolate squares, motzarella cheese. Dinner - bakes salmon, asparagus & squash salad, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese mashed potato. Snack - 2 yasso mint bars
  • keziahmee
    keziahmee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Greek yoghurt, berries, small portion of muesli.

Post-gym snack/second breakfast - banana and quark protein yoghurt thing.

Lunch - Nicoise-ish salad including green beans, tomato, cucumber, tuna, boiled egg and olives.

Dinner - Coconut chicken curry including butternut squash, aubergine, mango and papaya, small serving of basmati rice.

Not decided what to do with my remaining calories for snacks. Got lots of fruit in the house and also some Halo Top ice-cream. But also tempted to have a gin and tonic before dinner!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Millville sweet & salty granola nut bar
    Lunch: small green salad with Light Catalina dressing and a Lean Cuisine (Vermont white cheddar mac & cheese)
    Afternoon snack: pineapple
    Dinner: 2 tacos (seasoned ground beef, soft shell, light sour cream, lettuce & hot sauce)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: vanilla chia pudding w/ fresh pineapple chunks mixed in, coffee

Lunch: grilled chicken, green beans & salad with honey mustard on the side (out to lunch for work & it's not my favorite place, meh)

Dinner: Spicy peanut Portobello kale bowl w/ brown rice (an old Pinterest recipe I'd forgotten about), and a slice of my mom's homemade baked cheesecake w/ cherries
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Homemade breakfast burrito consisting of ground sausage, egg, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and cheddar
    Lunch: Meatballs with a Greek salad, 1/2 a pita
    Snack: Cookie swap at work today. I had 1 espresso cookie, 1/3 apple oatmeal cookie, and I will probably have 1-2 cookies at home that I made for it (molasses)
    Dinner: Pesto pasta with chopped chicken, zucchini, and sun-dried tomatoes