July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    So shocked to visit this thread and find that @MobyCarp is gone. :'(

Yes, it was a shock to all of us. He’ll forever be in our hearts. Good to see you though, despite the circumstances.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq Simon is adoarable!

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    garygse wrote: »
    @martaindale For quickly drying shoes, consider an electric shoe dryer...they're really really really handy for when you're running outdoors in the winter and spring. I use this one from DryGuy and it's been absolutely great.

I have one like that with four posts that I got on sale for like $30. They are great. In fact, I have my Merrills drying on it right now.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    @shanaber: The cats haven’t met yet - it’s only day three and we’re still at the “hissing under the door” stage. I did do the let-them-explore-the-other-cat’s-space thing today and no one is acting super stressed or anything, so I’m hoping to try a face-to-face tomorrow.

@quilteryoyo: He is a sweetie!

@Elise4270: I’m assuming you know River from Doctor Who, since you don’t recognize Simon - back in the 00s Joss Whedon (of Buffy the Vampire fame) did a very short lived show called Firefly and then a follow-up movie called Serenity. Two of the characters are siblings named Simon and River. My River was named after both characters, who are both awesome in different ways.

Anyhow, I love that the two cats match - Simon is 3-4 pounds bigger than River and their spots are slightly different, since hers are pure grey and his are grey-brown tabby, and his go further down his back. I’ve been having a tough time telling thumbnail photos apart on my phone, though!