Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I too am just seeing this thread now and would LOVE to join!

GW Sept 1 - 154
    GW Oct 1 - 150

CW (08/24/11) - 155.6

I will check up on challenges etc. later today :)

YAY fof Gryffindors :bigsmile:

You're on top of things! I love it. Welcome to Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!
  • lojoend
    lojoend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!! Love Harry Potter! (Even have a Harry Potter tattoo! :) )

CW (8/26/11) - 193.6

GW Sept 1 - 191
    GW Oct 1 - 185

I read up on what I need to do. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I am so in!!! Love Harry Potter! (Even have a Harry Potter tattoo! :) )

CW (8/26/11) - 193.6

GW Sept 1 - 191
    GW Oct 1 - 185

I read up on what I need to do. :)

Woo hoo!
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    Good Day, Gryffindors!

Just stopping by to say Hello and let you know that Hufflepuff is currently 21 Students strong!
    We're so excited about the upcoming inter-House competition!

Best of luck to you all!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

GW Sept 1 - 154
    GW Oct 1 - 150

CW (08/24/11) - 155.6

You're on top of things! I love it. Welcome to Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!

Why thank you :) Very happy to be here, Im Laura btw! Ok so Ive been looking back at the challenges for this week and just want to clear it all up for myself. Between tuesday and sunday we complete a minimum 25 jumping jacks per day to earn 5 house points (total for week 150) and post our results with our weigh in on monday?

I've avtually taken a liking to jumping jacks this past week and have been trying to do 5 minutes total throughout each day (roughly 350) so im going to challenge myself to that. :drinker:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hey there,

GW Sept 1 - 154
    GW Oct 1 - 150

CW (08/24/11) - 155.6

Why thank you :) Very happy to be here, Im Laura btw! Ok so Ive been looking back at the challenges for this week and just want to clear it all up for myself. Between tuesday and sunday we complete a minimum 25 jumping jacks per day to earn 5 house points (total for week 150) and post our results with our weigh in on monday?

I've avtually taken a liking to jumping jacks this past week and have been trying to do 5 minutes total throughout each day (roughly 350) so im going to challenge myself to that. :drinker:

Yes, post the House Points (30 max) with your weight on Monday. So if you set yourself that 350 goal, you can give yourself 30 points. If you change your mind, but do at least 150, you can still give yourself 30 points. Make sense?
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Where's my Pottermore invite darn it?!?!
  • missb92
    Options
    Yep, think I got it now! Thanks :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Where's my Pottermore invite darn it?!?!

I'm wondering the SAME THING!!! I'm so excited to see what the fuss is about!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am joinging this challenge today and am so happy to be part of Gryffindor that I just did my first 25 jjs.

My weight as of this morning is 186.5. My goal by Sept 1st is 184 and Oct 1st 180. I really hope to exceed that however.

Thanks for letting me be a member here and if anyone would like to add me as a friend I would love that!

Mindy
  • middleofseven
    Options
    In other news, I just stayed up past 3 am to finish a drawing for a deviantART contest...only to just miss the deadline by SECONDS! I'm sharing with you because my drawing was HP related (for those interested in seeing it):

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=bronwenarts#/d47jhx5

I just looked at the site and you are one fantastic artist..
  • middleofseven
    Options
    Jumping jacks are hard for me to do:embarassed: . I will work up to more. started today with 2. If I have to do this 13 times then it will be a total of 26 per day. Is that allowable? :huh:

I do not own a scale that I trust. I will be weighing in when I see the Dr. Sept 2.:flowerforyou:
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    I wish to join
    Current weight-198
    September 1 GW- 198
    October 1 GW-190 or 185lb
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Jumping jacks are hard for me to do:embarassed: . I will work up to more. started today with 2. If I have to do this 13 times then it will be a total of 26 per day. Is that allowable? :huh:

I do not own a scale that I trust. I will be weighing in when I see the Dr. Sept 2.:flowerforyou:

Earlier in this week I posted a link to a low-impact modified version of jumping jacks. If you want to get more in, you can try that, BUT I don't want anyone pushing themselves farther than their bodies can go. Especially for you guys who started late in the week! There will be a new challenge posted late tomorrow or early Monday, so don't stress if you can't get that far in a couple days, ok?
  • middleofseven
    Options
    Don't worry I have been working with this body for a long time. I just need to keep small until my weight goes down again.:wink:
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I have been doing my jumping jacks, but trying to do a minute at a time so I can log it in here.

I tried a little experiment. I did regular jjs and the modified ones that were posted here earlier. I checked my heart rate after a minute of doing each, with plenty of rest time in between, and my heart rate was exactly the same. I did have to put a little more umph into the arm movements and was able to do about 20 more in a minute than with the traditional ones. But I was equally succesful. So anyone feeling not quite up to doing jumping jacks don't give up, try the modified ones.

I wish I found this challenge a week ago, maybe my weight wouldn't have been stuck this week.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello my loves! I think I have found the place for me!!! Yes, I know that I have a Slytherin shirt on my profile pic...only wearing it becase of my sister. I do believe that I am a Gryffindor unfortunately I have not been sorted in Pottermore yet. Waiting for my email. BTW I type this as I sit here and watch Harry slide down the pipes into the chamber.

OK...now to the MFP part! LOL I would love to be part of your group and join in your challenges. Please let me know what we are doing this week.

Adriana

STARTING WEIGHT: 170.4
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 157.2
    OCTOBER 1ST GW: 145

:flowerforyou:
  • missb92
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone :)

I do believe this is weigh in day! And it is my first so I am very excited! As far as the challenge went (jumping jacks), I may have been a little to optimistic promising to do 5 minutes each day (350 jacks) so I didnt quite make that but I did indeed complete 150 so that adds up to a total of 30 house points I think?

SW - 179
    CW - 154.2 (down 1.4lbs from last weigh in!)
    GW Sept 1st - 154
    GW Oct 1st - 150

Hope everyones doing great and cant wait to hear this weeks challenge :bigsmile:
  • nrg607
    nrg607 Posts: 12
    Options
    Happy Monday. :)
    No weight change for me, this week.
    I got 25/30 house points.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Good morning fellow Gryffs!! As of today I have earned 15 house points for doing jumping jacks all 3 days since I joined this challenge. (I understood that each day you did 25 or more you get 5 points. An earlier post sounds like you get 5 points for each set of 25. I did about 600 since I started so I might have more points, not sure which is correct.)

I lost 2.5 pounds since last weigh in which was the same day I started. so...

SW 186.5
    CW 184
    GW 9/1/11 184
    GW 10/1/11 180

I hope everyone had a great week. Good luck this week.