JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member

Had a pretty good evening last night with Matt. I laid down to go to bed early because I didn't sleep well the night before but, of course, I got caught up in a book and was up for another hour. Lol. And then I woke up a few times during the night again and with a headache(which I still have). Oh well. I just hope the kids aren't too loud today. There is this one girl who likes the shriek sometimes. Hopefully, she can hold that in today. Although, I have a feeling it's just a sinus headache because the weather has been so weird and it's currently raining out so that might be why. Idk. Okay, I'll stop rambling now :tongue:

It's weird here too! And that happens all the time for me with books. :) Hope you get a good nights sleep and your headache goes away!

• korina75
    Good morning!
    I'll have to post more of an update later, but we closed on our house! We have to clean literally everything so that's what we've been doing every day.

@nlmackey98 you are gorgeous!!

Congratulations!!
  • korina75
    Faebert wrote: »
    So I scratched the workout plan and decided to tackle the bed (so stubborn!). Yay me, did it all by myself and only the drawers left to build. About to head out to meet my mum so will finish after. It’s going to hit 35 degrees (95F) and we are going on the underground train 😬😅

Hope it's cooled off you, we've had a heat spell here that broke yesterday and today was absolutely freezing in July. SO WEIRD.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! LOG BREAKFAST. Chop celery. Prep cheese.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Stronglifts. Treadmill to 10k. Duo.
    3. Check on callbacks. Finish "Nightmares" blog post. Continue bartending course. Find example literature test. Set up week 2 discussions. When can students be online?
    4. Read Delusions of Gender & update Goodreads. Dinner with B?
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Check MM callback list. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Sooo I went to my audition last night. I felt awful - my stomach was doing some major Fosse and my head was pounding and I was sweating even BEFORE we did the movement section of the audition. Which I had not prepared for but I *think* went pretty well. And then I got home and I didn't feel any better. Still felt pretty gross this morning, so I think it may actually have been a bug.

Husband was my ride, which I am SO grateful for (the audition was near our grocery store, and we forgot to put kitty litter on the list last week - kind of important!). And he finished and got back before they called me in to sing, so he listened to me and HE said that I did a really good job. I could feel the tension in my voice - it's a role I really really really REEEEALLLY want - but apparently two rooms over he couldn't tell. Although he did hear it break once. I just hope that ... well, no, screw it, I don't hope I'm good enough. I know I'm good enough. I hope they PICK me. Because sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are; you may be the best singer and the best dancer and the best actor and you're STILL not the best choice for the role based on who you'll be playing against and the tone the director wants to set for the production and all that. *sigh*

Callbacks will be posted tomorrow. I have done next to nothing today except watch YouTube videos and nap. I did wash my hair and read some of my library book and update Goodreads.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Ah man things have been a bit rough over here.
    Last Friday Saskia finished for school and Marley finished nursery for the summer.
    And theyve been complete ar$eholes (for lack of a better word)

The fighting, bickering, crying, shouting, whinging, then bugging me, then bugging their dad and yesterday both me and him blew up and dished out a few home truths to them after Saskia said "i thought we were gonna be a nice family".

So, there was that, then thd weather has been a bit meh for the last week, dreary but humid! So washing was at a bit of a stand still. But yesterday and the day before it was scorching, so i got two washes done, a bunch of clothes and the lounge rug. Ash was saying (whilst checking the weather on his phone) that its supposed to be hot today, if not hotter. Forgot to mention the night time thunderstorm though.

And i left the washing outside last night... and i knew that would mean i would have to rewash it all and that was okay. Until now, when i opened the backdoor to realise id forgotted the girls had dragged the WHOLE washing basket out last night...
    Its one of those cheap pop up ones, made of of fabric and a spiraled wire.

So.. yay. That pretty much somes up my last 4 days.
    I dont really havd headspace for diet or exercise atm.. dont know whats wrong with me! Not having the best year mfp-wise!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all, I am also struggling with adapting to school holidays. Don’t have childcare to get out and exercise and I’m just not feeling like doing my usual at home stuff in this heat. The good news is ive been very active sorting out the house. This morning I’ve been breaking down boxes, loading the car for the rubbish dump and clearing the house. Got a busy morning sorting that before I meet a builder here at lunchtime to discuss my plans for the house this summer. Feel like I have a plan and feel good to have got this far by morning 3! I also get childcare from Monday next week so if I don’t manage much intentional exercise this week at least it’s not too long until I can get back to my running!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ❎
    - Pick up t-shirt before heading out if time❎
    - meet mum at 10:30✅
    - build the bed!✅✅😅
    - contract builders✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Wednesday goals:
    - finish tidying and clearing
    - load up car ✅
    - take P to camp for 9:50
    - take rubbish to dump
    - Pick up t-shirts
    - meet with builder 1:30
    - Pick up P at 2:50
    - laundry
    - online grocery shop
    - research new dishwasher
    - evening workout?
    - bed by 10

Have a great day everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Oh, on a positive note, i got Marley to have a bath. For some reason she became terrified of it. Instead of baths i give them all showers because 3 baths would take all night!! But Marley hated it, she would scream until she was sick. The last shower she had she tried to run away from the water, slipped, nearly hit her head on the tiles, kicked the shower head out of my hands as dhe fell and the bathroom and i ended up just as soaked! It was getting any better so i had to figure out what was wrong. She said "its scary"

So i had to put her in the bath and turned the taps on and had to ask her what was scary after 10 mins of just standing there calming her down, the shower head was scary, so i hung thst back up, and filled thd bath. The bubble bath was scary, its red bubble bath that turns blue when you swish it. And she didnt like water on her head. So i gave her a magic towel to cover her eyes with.

So glad bdcause she was filthy, ive been having to wipe her down for last 4 days!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

JFT 23rd July

Log everything everything, even the extras which pushed me over
    Stay in the green no, under maintenance though
    Back exercises yes
    Stay positive yes
    Lots of laundry (attempting to dye some sheets) yes, worked well. Last load got caught in the storm though
    Carry on clearing paperwork yes
    Start accounts for tax return yes, started. Will continue today

JFT Wednesday 24th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Stay positive
    Visit parents
    Type out accounts

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi everyone

I’ve no internet at home, no phone line and the mobile phone signal is not good enough for me to post on here. I am thinking about you all and sticking with my normal goals. Good wishes to you all
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Healthy snack after dinner 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. Healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Thank you all! Lots to update you on but I will have to later when there's more time. 💖💖
  • korina75
    JFT 7/24

Exercise 60 minutes
    Stretch/Yoga
    Mindful eating
    Stay within calories
    Drink Water

Well, I guess weighing myself once a week does not help! Up two lbs. So back to daily weighing and I definitely need more good days than bad. The last few weeks have been a bit of a free for all so I am back on the wagon mostly but not completely. Today I will get an hour exercise, with some stretching and yoga thrown in. Not happy about the weight gain but I'll be back down in no time, I know how to do it.

Happy Wednesday y'all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    JFT - Wednesday July 24
    2L of water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

I am doing better this week, getting my water in and logging my food. I need to incorporate some of the other goals I used to post and I think I need to go see a doctor about my hip. It’s been almost a month and I’m still on pain.

I am truly missing having time to get on here and comment to everyone, there just isn’t enough time in the day I do not have acces at work except on my phone and it’s a busy job!

I’m going to try to come up with a plan to be better, miss you all!
  • Bex953172
    For those with kids, is it normal for an older sibling to essentially bully a younger one?

For example, Saskia and Marley each had a packet of crisps. Saskia ate hers quicker. She then went to Marley and trjed to force her to give her some of her crisps. Marley held her own and said no. Saskia slapped her.

I missed it all, i was at the shop. But her dad has just sent her to her room.

But is that normal, kid stuff?
    To us thats unacceptable and we're really not happy about it.
  • clicketykeys
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! LOG BREAKFAST. Chop celery. Prep cheese.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Stronglifts. Treadmill to 10k. Duo.
    3. Check on callbacks. Finish "Nightmares" blog post. Continue bartending course. Find example literature test. Set up week 2 discussions. When can students be online?
    4. Read Delusions of Gender & update Goodreads. Dinner with B?
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM park run - 2 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! LOG BREAKFAST. Chop celery. Prep cheese.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Stronglifts. Treadmill to 10k. Duo. Michaels - return and re-purchase beads with coupon. Library?
    3. Brunch with B - call realtor! Finish "Nightmares" blog post. Continue bartending course. Find example literature test. Set up week 2 discussions. When can students be online?
    4. Read Fighting Chance & update Goodreads. CALLBACKS.
    8. Check MM callback list. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I got called back for the role I wanted! Callbacks are tomorrow. I am tentatively hopeful at this point. Also, I prelogged and stuck to the log for the first time in I don't know how long!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    @bex953172 - it is perfectly normal but it’s also not right and has to be pinished.

It stops when they move out and don’t live together anymore. 😂

My girls used to get in terrible fights, but would also have each other’s backs.

One time we came home (obviously they were older and allowed to be alone), there was a great big hole in the wall on the landing going up the stairs. When we asked what happened Kaitlyn (youngest) told us Lauryn had pushed her down the stairs when they were fighting and she fell and her foot went through the wall. We punished Lauryn naturally and a few years later we found out that what really happened was Kaitlyn was mad at Lauryn and kicked the hole in the wall out of anger. Lauryn covered for Kaitlyn because she didn’t want her to get in trouble. It was really a proud Mama moment when we knew the truth. At the time though I wanted to strangle them both for fighting!

I think one thing that saved my girls a lot was I had grown up watching my best friend and her sisters fight and go it to no end, a lot of it physical and nasty as only girls can be. I had seen though how they had each other’s backs and had become friends in their adult life. I just kept being determined that they would be friends and they are.

Sorry I hope that wasn’t too much of a novel.
  • Bex953172
    Yeah that makes sense lol, i remember me and my brother fighting, but couldnt remember to ehat extent, my parents said it was everyday until one day i said something to him and it just stopped. But they couldnt remenber what i said.

Its actually hell over here, Ash wants to leave and spend the holidays at his Mums til theyre back in school. I dont blame him. Id rather he didnt but id rather he be okay than have to put up with this cr@p.

Just this morning, 7.30am. We hear a thud and crying and Marleys tried climbing her chest of drawers and the whole things toppled o top of her. There was this warning sent out by IKEA that it needs to be secured to the wall because some kids have died when its fell on them. We just dont have the attachment anymore. Although it was on our endless list of things to do.
    So yeah, started the day with Marley nearly killing herself.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home 👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Healthy snack after dinner 👍👎 kind of? I need to stick to just one snack. My problem is that if I start eating, I keep eating. They’re healthy, but the amount is probably too much.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Meditate
    5. One healthy snack after dinner
  • clicketykeys
    @Bex953172 - I'm an older sib and was mean to my lil brothers from time to time, but we got along well MOST of the time. We squabbled often, but it was rarely serious.

Keep in mind that clearly and reasonably asserting your own wishes, while being understanding of the needs of others, is challenging even for ADULTS. So a lot of that sort of behavior is about learning HOW to advocate for what they want in an effective, appropriate way.

(Sorry if I went too far into teacher-mode, hahaha!)

Callbacks are tonight. So of course I wake up at 5 AM and can't get back to sleep. Sun is rising, and it's not stupid hot any more, so I'm gonna take a walk to the park! Ta!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I need to post goals again. We haven't actually moved into our house yet because we're still trying to clean it.
    Here's a picture of Alex ripping up the gross carpet lol. q5abh9cm8s3l.jpg

Hopefully this weekend I'll have time for a longer post.

JFT 7/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Clean master bathroom
    3. Help Alex finish ripping up the bedroom carpet