WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    They need to add a surprise toddler “SHARE” gift calorie add on button for the squishy unrecognizable item they shove into your mouth as they say “share” clap 👏 👏 walk off. I need this button at least 1-7days a week.Hoping it was blueberry muffin
    Amber Tx

Kelly hope you got pics or moments sounded fun fun fun
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Pip-that is an incredible logging streak. Very inspiring!

Lanette-hope you get results soon. Waiting is the really hard part for me-I cope better once I know what I am dealing with.

Heather UK – that heat sounds incredible for the UK. I was in Lakenheath in August 2013 for the birth of my granddaughter (son was stationed at RAF Lakenheath). They were having a very warm summer for them that year. The worst part is that I don’t think places are set up for it. Here, we have the heat, but lots of air conditioning.

Annie and Machka- glad your hip issues are treatable. I had success with pt, etc., for a period of time, but the OA was too bad (so now I have two titanium hips that don’t hurt at all!). But, in the years leading up to that, they recommended keeping up as much movement as I could to keep muscles, etc. engaged. I really think that bought me time and made my recovery somewhat easier.

Am starting to look at macros a bit. Think I want to focus on sodium since I have been consistently going over on those. Do those of you who track macros just follow MFP goals? I haven’t (yet) had problems with blood sugar or cholesterol, etc.

Hope everyone has good rest of the evening and a good Thursday. I get to go to the County Fair tomorrow (for work), but I fully intend to fit a grilled fair pork chop into my calorie count (hopefully can pass by some of the other stuff!

Ginny in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :)Ginny, I am very active so I try to keep protein high. I aim to keep sodium below 1600 mg but frequently go over but not like I used to.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Took the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a One on One Training with Jackie DVD. This is a new one for me so we shall see how it goes

Connie – I, too, feel almost like I’m addicted to exercise. But I do have to say that if I go too many days without exercising (like I did when I was at Denise’s), I find that my body feels really lacking. When I got home, I had one massive hot flash. Never had one like that before. I was dripping wet where I thought “gee, I should wash my pajamas”. As soon as I started to exercise, they were greatly reduced in severity. Greatly

Fortunately, it is looking like great weather for the pool party this Saturday. Guess Mother Nature is trying to make up for last year when we had to cancel because of Hurricane Florence

Welcome everyone new! And those returning

Lisa – good for you getting to the gym

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army. Made my semi-annual donation but didn’t buy anything this time. Then on my way to WalMart stopped at Dollar General. I really was looking for small pails to put the forks in for the pool party. They didn’t have anything small but I did find a tube. However, I went to the Dollar General by me and they had a better tube and these small buckets that came with some sand toys. I figure I’ll give PJ the toys and I’ll keep the buckets. Also got him a larger bucket and a few sand vehicles. Also got him a boat that you can put in the tub. It’s for 18 months.

Then to WalMart to get a cuke for the salad I’ll make for Sat. Also, shirataki noodles (I’m liking them better than spaghetti) and pick up Vince’s prescriptions.

KJ – what toys would you suggest for a 4 month old. He’ll be 4 months when I go to see him in Sept (Vince still isn’t sure if he’s going or not, but I can tell you that I am). I’m thinking that I’ll get him this water type mat with things he can push. By 4 months he’ll probably be pushing himself up. I’ll give him the bucket for his birthday next year. I was looking at this thing where you can put the baby in it in the water, but he’ll be too young and probably won’t be able to hold himself upright enough for it this year. So glad you had such a good time at the concert

Vince wants to cut the grass. I honestly didn’t think he’d want to today since it’s so late and we need to go to ceramics tonight. I’m going to drop the empty soda bottles off at the home of the gal who is going to co-host with us, her hubby wants to have them filled before they get here, which is probably a good idea. I didn’t realize how much needs to be done.

Katla – the soup kitchen uses the bags for the same thing that your food kitchen uses them. I never thought of the fact that they use them until Newcomers was having them as a charity of the quarter and they said something

Cut the grass today. I was going to go in the pool because I didn’t think Vince wanted to cut it but he did. So I won’t go in the pool today since we need to leave to drop the soda bottles off for the gal to make them for the pool party and then ceramics.

Went to ceramics, I got the second coat of paint on Pete’s turtle. Dropped off the “bowling pins” then went to Dollar General. Got this sunshine that’ll go in the hand of this turtle I’ll eventually do. Tomorrow going to go to another Dollar General because they said they have a few of these little pails. I thought they’d be cute to put the forks/knives/spoons in for the pool party and they’re ½ off. Came home and made brownies for Vince.

Priscann – sounds like you found the secret!

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Summer Barbecue tutorial from a pro for who needs it.

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I can’t tell you how much I love my new job! I think God knew I needed a complete change and was waiting for me to be 100% ready for it. I am working in a nursing home, taking care of all things financial except payroll. Payables, receivables, trust accounts, budgets, etc.
    The manor was built in 1980 by the Baptist church for their Seniors to have a safe welcoming place. It is now non-denominational, but is still Faith based in its core values. I am used to working in an industry where grown men have temper tantrums, scream and curse in meetings. The meetings here start in prayer. Although I am not overly religious, I do believe and was raised in a Baptist church so I am not uncomfortable in the least. I will be working for the first few month coming up with new procedures to try to help the Administrator understand and control her budget and also streamline some processes using some antiquated programs.
    Thank you for asking, I bet you weren’t looking for a novel as an answer.

Hubby and Eating - Rodger will eat veggies to some degree, there are a few he won’t eat and he won’t eat them on his own but if I make them he does. This time he blamed his Mother for his tummy troubles! She cooked so much when she was here and a lot of foods that I just don’t make cookies, pies, cinnamon rolls, heavy meals. All of that added with alcohol at the wedding is what he thinks set it all off. Since things have calmed down and I am cooking normally again he is feeling much better.

Insta Pots- Rodger wanted to buy me one of these for Christmas last year and I told him no, maybe I need to reconsider. Kaitlyn and Brodey received one as a shower gift maybe I could borrow it and see how I feel first.

End of page 78
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Katla I too have wondered how future archeologists will interpret our culture's obsession with plastic wrapped dog poop. The mind boggles.
    Rori know you'd never fudge "on your honor" but still sending you ((hugs)).
    pip please remine me what those charms on your necklace mean? WTG on your fundraising sox!
    Michele well done for starting your medicare application. When I retired, you had to make appointment to talk to social security expert, now they require applications on line. Ask and listen carefully about deadlines. Missed deadlines incur $$ penalties that are permanent.
    Thanks Mary! Passed it on to the friend.
    Lisa interesting article, thought provoking. But cold showers? "cold water triggers a wave of mood-boosting neurochemicals that make you feel happy" yeah your happy as soon as you get out and warmed up, just like banging your head against a brick wall makes you feel better when you stop. ;} Thank your for the perspective reminder. Needed and appreciated.
    Terri losing two long posts, so frustrating! BTW, it was Mary from AZ/MN who has such wonderful success with heavy lifting and kettlebells. I was asking for a friend, haven't been able to imagine myself swinging a kettlebell... yet... ;}
    Heather, brava for your better self!
    SuebDew and Barbie :blush: thanks, glad to be back!
    Welcome @monaghme. @DawnKendrick, @joannadavison
    Congratulations @priscann on your lifestyle changes. Well done!
    Amber, thankful for your sense of humor. Keep sharing! What is it about the word "Mother" that that stupid Dr. does not understand? SMH :noway: "Hatch green chile wine" on the Caveman steak?
    Meg would you share a pic of your shoe closet? Hard for me to imagine than many pairs ;)
    Anniesquats great news about the PT.

Line dancing last night, T'ai Chi, shopping, recycling and dog group today. I'm pooped.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    will update these later too, haven't been keeping up on my metrics. Meditate 0/31, knee exercises 0/31, CO>CI 5/31, vits+rx 3/31, play with Tumble 2/31, AF 2/31, steps: Tues:5770, Wed:3425 :{ Thur: 5949 so far
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for July: consistency.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner with high school friends tonight!! We had a great time! It was nice to get a night out to myself. I had salad with grilled chicken for dinner. Salad was very crisp and fresh, but the chicken was a little dry. Anyway, it was great to connect with old friends! Kind of felt bad about not eating with my mom tonight, but she really understood about wanting to see my friends.

Saw the posts about the extreme heat in the UK. I feel for you. I grew up in hot and humid Louisville, Ky without air conditioning. It is miserable and unhealthy. I can’t imagine how we did it. Hopefully you will get relief soon.

Connie in KY
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ginny, Connie - Yes, most people don't have air conditioning. Just some shops and restaurants.
    Today will be the hottest day and then it will break. Storms tomorrow or Saturday. I'm lucky I don't have to work and it is a bit cooler on the coast where we are. The kids are still in school until tomorrow!!! Crazy! No air conditioning there and big windows.

Hot Heather in the UK XXXXXXX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Kelly sounds like you had a blast.. it's always fun to have days and nights like that..right now still dark out the birds just waking up and the crickets are out..
    im having my tea and about to watch Joyce.. I enjoy this time in the morning..
    still trying to work off the few lbs I gained but not worried it will come off..
    nothing exciting at work.. but I must say companions and homemakers are giving me alot of calls
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,027 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    <3>:)o:) I am here! Recovering from my 24 hours of fun with my sister, who is visiting from Florida! The ELO concert was FANTASTIC!! They sound really great live! Some bands sound so different from their recordings; but ELO knocks it out of the park! And the light show was AWESOME!!!

Your weekend sounds wonderful ... we need days like that which are different than the ordinary. And ELO is one band I'd like to see too. :)

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    KJ - You go gurl! Definitely need more of that in your life. :D<3B) So happy for you.

My daughter in law, Dr Jessamy Hibberd, did a great job on the TV this morning. For some crazy reason they decided to have the programme outside and not in the studio, so she had to battle the sun in her eyes and a breeze which whipped her hair around :# , but she kept her cool . Of course, she was the last interviewee on. She was being interviewed about her book, THE IMPOSTER CURE, about Imposter Syndrome. I felt she was a little serious for that time of the morning, but I'm sure she was very nervous. Good job, anyway.

I'm reclining on the bed with the fan on and will probably do that much of the day apart from some rowing this pm with the fan. I need my calorie burn, averaging around 900 a day. I have managed to lose 1.5 lbs of my after maintenance 'creep' , which I am very pleased about. I hope to shed another 0.5 by next Tuesday, the day of the reunion. That puts me only two pounds up, which is ok in my mind. It's all about confidence. B)

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Got a good night's sleep and feel almost completely recovered from my "sister day"! lol I sure don't bounce back like I used to!
    Terri- Happy Anniversary! Your trip sounds wonderful! My daughter visited Ireland a couple of times and some of the places sound familiar. That faerie village is so sweet! I would love to make something like that in my back yard!
    Heather- LoveloveLoVe the pic of your DH with all of the grandkids! He is such a sport! I am sure he would win a "best playmate" award! Hope the heat breaks soon for you and I agree, it is nice to be on the waterfront where the breezes help make the heat a little more bearable!
    Machka- Honestly, if ELO ever performs close to you, you should definitely splurge and go see them! I have NEVER heard a band that sounded so good live. And just seeing the cellos, violins, and operatic singers on stage with the rock band musicians/instruments and all doing their "thing"...FANTASTIC.
    Connie KY- So glad you got some time with your friends and that your mom understood how important that was for you! I can attest to needing the friendship time. After yesterday, I vow to make time to do things like this more often. To not get together with people to laugh and bring joy into your life is denying yourself love.
    Michele- I was going to suggest one of the activity mats for your grandson! There are many out there! They even have some of that have color changing gel inside the panels that the child can move around with their hands and the color changes with the heat from their bodies! Don't forget to give a book with the gift! There are a lot of great baby board books. Some that fold out, some with touchy-feely portions, some with visual/textural patterns...
    Speaking of books Barbie- thank you for referring some books to me from your paperback swap group! Amber, I am thinking I have you to thank for the suggestion of the Relativity for babies book. You know how I love introducing science to my kiddos! I love that book! Very simple and well written and illustrated. Thank you both!
    Tracey-Maybe Roger will cook himself some veggies or dinner with an instant pot? It IS a pressure cooker, which involves steam, pressure and a little bit of manly danger (more like a tool than a small appliance?)

Well, time to get breakfast ready for the kids. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be the hottest day here today, then more thunderstorms before getting a bit cooler. Weather warnings all over the place saying not to travel unless absolutely necessary, train lines could buckle etc. The mind boggles! Our local shop has air conditioning, it was bliss :) I didn't want to walk back to my mums, leaving the shop was like walking into an oven :)

I have found my desk fan yeay, that will help keep me cool. I managed to get the grass cut at the front early this morning before the sun got to that side of the house, it was tough going, but I did it. Not doing much else today but drinking plenty and keeping as cool as I can.

Heather I missed your daughter in law on the breakfast show, I wonder if I can get it on catch up. I meant to watch it too - how annoying! Congrats on the weight loss, after losing a few pounds a few weeks ago, my weight seems to be creeping back up again. My own fault I know, I need to eat quality food instead of empty calories.

Going to see if Leah wants to go outside to do her business, I don't think she's too keen on this hot weather either. Never thought I would be glad to have cooler weather, but can't wait for autumn lol .

<3 Viv York UK
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :p
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,027 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit envious of the people with the hot weather. I've always enjoyed the heat! Must be southern European part of my heritage!!

My husband has been organising our pantry and I've got boxes of at least 16 different teas!! Evidently, I like mellow non-caffeinated teas. It's one of the ways I relax in the evenings.

But I really should drink more before I buy more.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, I never called myself addicted to exercise, but exercise for me is like eating. I have to do it several times a day no matter where I am or what else is going on. When I have stayed with other people, I've found a walking route in their neighborhood. When I stay in a hotel, I use the fitness center or find a walking route outside or get up extra early and walk through the halls and public areas for an hour to start my day.

:)Heather and Viv, How challenging for you to have all that heat when you're used to more temperate days. Our climate here is the similar to yours and the occasional hot days each summer are equally troublesome.

:)Terri, what beautiful scenes from your vacation. Happy Anniversary.

:'( When I put on my walking shoes this morning, the sole was pulling away on one of them so I ordered a new pair from Amazon and will wear my daytime shoes to walk for a few days until the new ones come. They are all New Balance and very comfortable. The walking shoes are waterproof and heavier than the daytime shoes.

:) About ten years ago we stayed at an RV park that had dispensers with great dog poop bags. We wrote down the name and ordered them in huge quantity. They are thicker and bright blue and look nice and don't smell bad which is great because I often have to carry one or two for 30-60 minutes before getting home to throw them in the garbage can. We don't have plastic grocery sacks because we bring canvas bags to the store to carry our groceries.

:) Now it's time to walk the dogs--Bessie will walk the first 45 minutes and Sasha will walk another hour after that. Later I'll go to line dance.

<3 Barbie from NW WA