Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    dont know my total steps too hot out there and got dizzy - was outside too long, so inside dark and lots of water -

wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    @canonri - Welcome! This is a very good and supportive group. We have all been on the yo-yo of diet control and we help and encourage each other along the way.

Posting the latest addition to the booth - I think I'm in love.
    ed9gzbr2o6u6.jpg
    mt7fmj5khqej.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Suzu you are an early bird too. My mother had the "pedal part" of one of these - who ever designed this piece gets points as the sewing machine "hides" down and the left board lays on top and becomes a "desk". Keeps dust out of the machine when not in use and space has 2 uses. Someone I know had one - see the hole on the right of the desk for the "belt" to go around the sewing machine wheel and the wheel under the desk (second hole behind machine on right). These were family heirlooms. Where did you find it?

Inside after errands and to do list done. See maybe too many naps and will have trouble sleeping tonight.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options

Good morning All ~~

Sara - You got dizzy? Yikes! Take good care of yourself. I'm sure you did the right thing. It's so hard to get exercise in the summer.

Suzu - Oh, that makes me miss my grandmother, who made me clothes on a machine not unlike that one.

Waving to Dawn - How has it been in Missouri? Have you gotten any rain? I remember your saying is was so dry at one point.

Waving to Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy in Tenn. and Tracey in Edmonton and Lynn and Canonri and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

250.6 today
    250.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I’ve been having work issues so I haven’t been around much. I’m working another job so I’ve been clocking 60 hours and it’s been hard to eat right and work out like that....
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- Missouri is on the mend...a lot less rain, thankfully... at least, once a month we have had a stretch of rain... but, nothing like it had been...I have not seen a lot of the flooding.. but, the area I did see is definitely receding..

Sara- be safe in the heat...

Suzu- that is gorgeous! My Grandma has a machine like that...I don't remember it being detailed like that...i just remember being in awe of how it could "hide"

Marselli- hope things get better, soon... hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down 0.2 still need to get working on in it.

Early morning interview and will pop by later from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Sara_ Good luck on the interview!!
    Marselli - good to hear from you again. Please take care of yourself.
    Hey Dawn!
    Morning Lana - Hope you have a good start to the week.
    Waves to all - Suzu
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Meghan! You've been up to your *kitten* in alligators, huh!? I'm glad you popped by, and I hope that things take a turn for the better~~

Sara - let us know how the interview went and whether it was for the state or for in-house where you are now.

Waving to Dawn and Suzu and everyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

250.4 today
    250.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Lana! I was just watching the Today Show as I got ready for work and I had to pop back on.

Rolling on floor laughing my 'kitten' off - DID YOU CALL THE GRASSHOPPERS DOWN ON VEGAS???? You Vixin!!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Welcome Canonri! Great group here.
    Sara - I am sending you great vibes for that interview this AM!
    Suzu - LOVE that sewing machine. Brings back gramma memories for me as well!
    Meghan - 60 hours?! that is a lot - be kind to yourself and take care!
    Lana - waves!
    Tracey - my sympathies.
    Waves to everyone who stops in!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That loud farting sound you heard was me trying to work on the 2nd half of the interview - exercise involving pivot tables and excel - I didnt have phone # for references they asked for and I wonder if I should even bother and email them...... I got there on time, didnt have a car accident and didnt pee my pants - I am so proud of myself, but the rest of it, not so much. I have until I go to sleep today to decide on if they get my references phone #s.

Have an hour before I go to work. Will finish lunch and get a nice cup of coffee.

Lana - job interview was to work for the state prison industry.

Suzu - thank you for the great laugh this morning Vegas and Grasshoppers :p

Lurking from work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sara - I would suggest emailing them the numbers. Acknowledge that the afternoon test was tough - that your current position does not require Excel and Pivot tables, but that you are a very fast learner and would be willing to take some online classes in Excel to catch up. or something like that. Unless based on the interview and the test you would not like the job...then don't :wink: they saw something in our application that drew them to you to interview...so there must be something in that job you would be great at!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I failed the first test, I did not park in the "visitor parking" . I was grateful to get out of there. Thank you Lynn for the feedback.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    ftf51qelpsne.png

79eodieq913j.png

mkm0dedwikn9.png

yl4skygch7h2.png

• suzu_2
    Options
    Have a good Tuesday all. I'm going to be tied up for a few and just popping in as I can. Waves to all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Suzu you are also an early bird. Hope things go well as you pop in.

Finally!! I can open the window and air out the place. I had to last night because my bedroom smelled of dog's food. This morning it is cool enough to hear the dog snoring across the way (window in their place is open too), at least I think it is the dog.....

Have Friday off so short week for which I am grateful. I am having dreams about "the claim I cant fix" it is too much like reality.

I did have chocolate yesterday after that interview and went and applied for a better paying job that was closer. So there.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    TUESDAY

"....... and went and applied for a better paying job that was closer. So there.

Sara - We will want to hear more about this closer job that pays better.

Suzu - good luck with your busy days~~

Dawn - I will have to investigate this curious business of the plague in Las Vegas. DH hasn't mentioned it; he must be oblivious because he is still recovering from falling on his pointy head. Not worth the story to tell.

Waving to Meghan and Lynn and Missy and Kathryn (where are you?) and Tess (also seriously MIA) and Saltine in Winnipeg and Tracey in Edmonton and Tracy in Tennessee and Eryn and Runa and anyone who stops by later on!

After I look at the Las Vegas news, I have to go see about the escaped Emu that has been running around Orange County North Carolina. The darned thing hasn't been caught yet, and it's got its own Twitter account. 😂

Lana

249.8 Today, finally under....
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lana this job which is closer and pays better is in the same department of the eye candy one I spoke of. I forgot to attach my college transcripts to the first one, made sure they were attached to the second one and kept mentioning all the test proctoring I have done in the questions they asked. With any luck they will ask for my transcripts for the first job I applied for or use the one attached to the 2nd one and consider me for both. Fingers crossed. Both have eye candy cboy recruiting possibilities. ;)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- is the falling on head Karma at her best? Hehe the grasshopper story just gets me... it sounds funny... but, I know they can hurt when they land on you...we try not to take it out on others... but, sometimes, a plague of grasshoppers is necessary :D

Sara- fingers crossed for closer, better paying, eye candy job... new CBoys are always welcome...

Suzu- hope day goes well!

Waves to everyone on Lana's list...