In your 60’s

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Hi Ladies,
    Haven't heard from you in awhile and I miss it! Any updates you want to share?

Me - my weight has been up-down-up-down but only by a little bit (I weigh daily for motivation). I'm focusing on the last down because it's a new number! Yeah! Only 3 more pounds to my next mini-goal! Still logging faithfully.

Good evening my friends.

@ohbeautifulqueen Congrats on your new low weight. Keep going toward your next mini goal.

I am still going up and down the same few lbs. I know it is because I am not smoking and I am eating more. My lowest recorded weight was 183 before quitting. I am now wobbling between187 and189 188.2 today. This is ok for the time being I expected to gain a bit when quitting the smokes.

The last time I quit smoking I totally lost it and shot back up from 185 to 221 Then my mum nearly died and I went back on the cigarettes, with smoking and the stress I lost the weight but now need to stop smoking again.

I think a lot of the weight gain is my body just recovering from all the poison and toxins I have inhaled over the years, obviously if you are not poisoning yourself your body can start repairs so maybe water weight is part of the gains. This may be bull crap but it feels like it might be true.

On the up side though. My lungs feel so much better, I stormed up a hill this morning that would have had me stopping for a breather part way up before. So definite improvment in lung capacity my doctor is pleased with me.

All in all things are going ok for me.

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hi, everyone. I'm Steve. 65 years on this rock. Have lost about 50 pounds and maintained that for 18 months. Working on slowly dropping the last 20. Feel free to add me. Glad to share support and encouragement.

Here's a link to an over 50 group. You will find some like-minded folks there as well.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group
  • manderson27
    Hi Steve

Congratulations on your loss. Sounds like you have a good handle on this weight loss thing. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    Hi Steve

Congratulations on your loss. Sounds like you have a good handle on this weight loss thing. :)

Thank you for the kind words. Not sure about that handle, though. I think that I will probably be logging food as long as I am eating. :D
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,488 Member
    Great thread. 65 here. Probably within 5lbs or so of my goal weight. I do OK with the eating thing (mostly). I'd like to establish a regular workout routine. I do OK with the aerobic exercise. I want to work on my core.
  • manderson27
    Yup me too. That IS the handle :D:#:'(

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2019
    Almost 65. Hit first goal weight, not sure how much more I will loose. Working on activity level, mild weights and toning. Makes a huge difference.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,255 Member
    Hello everyone, I love the before/after pictures. I'm a newbie myself in this group & want to welcome the other newbies. I've been going to the gym classes 4 days/week during the week. I love the step plus class because the plus is lifting weights, I love weights. Got off work early today & I'm rarely bored (I'm an introvert) but I bored today. It's too hot to do anything, including doing anything inside the house- It's 108 today, ugh! My gym is literally 3 minutes away & has a nice pool & am trying to talk myself into going but this heat wave has me worn out so may just play some game or read. Need to give 2 of my dogs a bath too
  • Evamutt
    @BlancheandSmooshyface , I do that with potato chips, lol. I'm glad every day is a new day
  • manderson27
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I love the before/after pictures. I'm a newbie myself in this group & want to welcome the other newbies. I've been going to the gym classes 4 days/week during the week. I love the step plus class because the plus is lifting weights, I love weights. Got off work early today & I'm rarely bored (I'm an introvert) but I bored today. It's too hot to do anything, including doing anything inside the house- It's 108 today, ugh! My gym is literally 3 minutes away & has a nice pool & am trying to talk myself into going but this heat wave has me worn out so may just play some game or read. Need to give 2 of my dogs a bath too

Welcome to MFP :)
  • manderson27
    I'm almost ashamed to post. I have a family of raccoons I feed every night around 11:00. Last night I was making them PB sandwiches, and the smell was driving me crazy, as I LOVE peanut butter. Just gave the knife a lick, after I finished spreading it on the bread. Then it was,: "Well, 1 tbs. won't hurt.". Next thing you know, more than a quarter of the jar was gone. Not only did I mess up my IF for today, but I probably scoffed down my carb and fat quotas for the rest of the year. However, that was yesterday and today is today. So, I'll just start again.

:D:D:D

I think you need to find something else to feed those little bandits. Something you don't like the smell of would probably help.

2dc65eo78vxv.png

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    The peanut butter thing really caught my eye. I just finished eating a tablespoon of it and then I checked the carb count... ouch. Fortunately I'm at work and only had a tablespoon available or I for sure would have eaten more. I'm maintaining but since I just got back from holiday I have one more holiday pound to lose so today is probably not going to be too helpful. :D
  • manderson27
    Glad to announce the I have undone the 4 pound damage I did with my late night PB splurge. Think raccoons can be trained to make their own sandwiches if I just put the bread and PB outside?

That is good news well done.

I think with their little hands you could teach them to do anything. :)

We don't have raccoons in the UK. I do have badgers who come into the garden, they like peanuts (unsalted of course)
  • Evamutt
    I've been doing good on my calories lately...I do the opposite of stress eating, I lose my appetite. One of my dogs, Eleanor the shepherd has been getting worse with her "allergies" Last Friday she was so congested she couldn't breathe out of her nose & her nose was dripping. It got worse fast, she kept swallowing her saliva. every day a little worse so took her to vet. I went as a walk in & they had a lot of walk ins yesterday so had to wait 3hrs but I didn't care. Vet was wonderful. Turns out she has pneumonia. She still wants to give love & wag her tail but she's too miserable .They gave me very strong antibiotics. She was bad off last night. I kept praying so much for her & sitting with her, talking to her. I love her so much. I still miss my beloved Grizzly dog I lost in January too.Vet said if she's not 50% better by thursday to go get her a chest x=ray, They don't have their x-ray up & running there yet. It was so hard to go to sleep last nigh. I was afraid I'd find her past away this morning & my heart would be crushed but she's BETTER & she's not gasping for air!!! I'm assuming she'll continue to get better. I'm SO grateful to God for sparing me the heartache of losing another beloved dog, especially one I've not had for very long. She's such a great dog. Super ppl friendly & is friendly with ALL dogs (we go to dog park) even the ones that snap at her
  • alteredsteve175
    Did a hard workout yesterday morning. Then we watched my granddaughter last night so Mom and Dad could have a date night. That meant pizza for dinner that I hadn't planned on. I was super hungry and I ate too much pizza and (almost) everything else in sight. I logged it all - 3000 calories worth. Lesson learned - make a better plan next time. HAHA!