What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Too hot here in central coastal NJ USA to spend much time outside today, even to go to the beach, leading me to abandon the usual summer grill-and-salads entree. So, I did a "refrigerator purge" to make a homemade hearty veggie tomato sauce from scratch (well, "scratch using canned crushed tomatoes and tomato paste"). Onion, garlic, broccoli, zucchini, red/orange bell peppers, olives, various herbs and spices and a dash of wine. Served with veggie pasta and leftover grilled chicken breast. All natural, low salt, low fat.

dpho0dndmp5m.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    We warmed up a container of batch cooked lamb rendang from the freezer, made rice and a couple of asian salads. The salads were
    https://pantryno7.com/ippudo-cucumber-salad/
    https://pisangsusu.com/442-lalab-with-tomato/
    z2hn1cl9erev.jpeg
  • thyronea
    thyronea Posts: 1 Member
    dtzx3u8xei7c.jpeg
    Spicy tonkotsu ramen
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Chickpea Tagine With Chicken and Apricots from the NYTimes' cooking site (which has a lot of good recipes) and twice cooked smashed potatoes losely based off of this recipe from Serious Eats.

The only thing I changed about the chicken was not using any oil which worked out surprisingly well given that the pan I cooked it in isn't the most forgiving with regards to sticking (the chicken is browned before the vegetables and spices get added).
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Made a stir fry with the wok my BF got me for our anniversary; tried to use up our leftover produce and made it without a recipe! Love it so much that I had to write up what I did to save for next time. kt70jcj7mh2i.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Ribs and pulled pork yesterday
  • acpgee
    Still cleaning out the freezer. Last of the batch cooked Umbrian chicken cacciatore warmed up and served over fettucine. The roast asparagus got overcooked. Next time will set the air fryer to 8 minutes instead of 10.
    9p60k9tagxsy.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    Dealing With A Power Loss --

Monday evening, a brief, violent storm front roared through our area (coastal NJ USA - 70 mph winds, lasted about 15 minutes total), downing a bunch of trees and causing widespread power outages. 38 hrs later, power restored. Last evening, clearing out the fridge of the last fresh protein, I grilled (outside) chicken breasts, served with grilled butternut squash rounds and a side salad. On to yard cleanup and related duties today. There are lots of folks in this area still without power, and overall, we are in better shape than those in Cape Cod who experienced a rare tornado.

whcdzjr2u04w.jpg
  • acpgee
    It's too hot to cooked. Failed spaghetti cacio e pepe (the sauce split) stretched with spiralized courgette and salad with ranch dressing.
    l8xavl5vp6c8.jpeg

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    thyronea wrote: »
    dtzx3u8xei7c.jpeg
    Spicy tonkotsu ramen

Sorry....just gonna go wipe the drool off my face.
  • acpgee
    Vietnamese garlic noodles with prawns and salade aux gesiers confits.
    0crew5np59zv.jpeg
    w949ultanv57.jpeg

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Last night I sauteed onions, garlic, peppers and yellow squash. I combined it with some leftover linguine, olive oil, butter and parm cheese. Not a bad meal.
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Trimmed pork chop with mixed vegetables. A bit boring I'm afraid but not to many calories
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Fresh tuna steak rubbed with a garlic clove, 30g raw weight long grain rice mixed into my steamed veg (sugar snaps, red pepper, onion, mushrooms and Pak Choy! Was way too much though, couldn’t eat more than half of it. 😪
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Chicken parmesan over spaghetti, cooked last night.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Boiled eggs for breakfast
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Some of the pictures of the food on here would pass on master chef 🧁
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Among other things as of late, whole wheat pita, Chicken With Apricots, Lemon and Saffron (NYTimes), and Pressure Cooker Garlicky Beans With Broccoli Rabe (NYTimes).

I made a fair amount of changes to the chicken recipe. Used boneless skinless chicken thighs, fresh tomato, and preserved lemons. Super tasty. I also halved the been recipe because I am one person,
  • mjbnj0001
    edited August 2019
    Tonight: grilled marinated lemon-pepper chicken breast, lime-cucumber salsa fresca, brown rice and grilled Jersey Beefsteak tomato. 2 pics: the prepared salsa and then, dinner service. Dinner plate is about 750 cals, 59g protein, 21g fat, 21g fiber according to MFP.

cpd2h0qf7hy5.jpg

dznem27jetmp.jpg

• acpgee
    Dinner party at my place. Primi of fusilli alla vodka. The boiled off vodka really does release flavour compounds in the tomatoes that are alcohol soluble rather than water soluble. Secondi of air fryer roast chicken legs. Thighs were coated in homemade pesto and drumsticks coated in tapenade and mustard. Side of sauteed fava bean shoots. Dessert was dark chocolate sorbet with strawberries.
    2ep7nul0yqgk.jpeg
    jf26bi319999.jpeg
    079uilvig61y.jpeg