Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Yeah.. I'm Australian too, yes there are Americanised cafes serving it in the last couple years.. we have many American influences popping up but I'm betting though as a kid you'd never have seen that combo or even thought of it..
    I'm just saying I'll have my eggs, bacon and toast sans syrup thanks 😁

Oh and caramelized banana and ice cream.. yes please 🤤

I just made buttermilk pancakes this morning topped with maple syrup and bananas. I don't put sugar in my pancakes, though, so perhaps what I'm making is more technically flatbread? I usually like my pancakes with butter too, but since I'm trying to keep the calories in check today, I skipped that. Pancakes with strawberry jam, apple butter or plum butter are a nice switch up, too!

Though the carmelized banana and ice cream sounds divine!

Yummm.. strawberry jam is good too.
    I'd try maple syrup and banana.
    Yeah, the calories suck in them. I save eating mine till a treat day, there's just under 800 cals in mine, I cook them in a bit of butter too :#
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

Hells no.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I think that brand may go by a different name here, but hose cookies are strictly school party fare. I love cookies, but those are too “kid-friendly” for my tastes. The ones at my grocery store are usually peanut and treenut free though, which is why they make an excellent class party treat.

I think this is why I've seen quite a few of these, nut allergen friendly.

I don't land one particular way on the matter, I'll have one if they are available, they aren't my preference but I don't find them gross either.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

Is this a real thing?

If so, just... why? Why would anyone think that was a good thing to make?
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

It must be breaking several bylaws and international treatise. Its a no from me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)

yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons
  • SueSueDio
    Motorsheen wrote: »

yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons

Maybe... just to confirm that it really IS as disgusting as it sounds... ;) I wouldn't pay money for it though!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I always have ketchup on hot dogs! Or chicken dogs as the case may be these days. And I eat marshmallows almost every night. :(

The lofthouse cookies aren't worth the calories and the icing sucks so the one time I bought some, I just ended up eating around the outside edge of the cookies and threw the part with any icing away.

And scrambled eggs - ketchup is awesome. Maybe it would make the cookies in the OP a bit better too? :D

Ketchup on eggs is great. But gotta love ketchup on mac and cheese.

You need steak sauce on eggs, way better than ketchup! And Tabasco sauce goes on mac and cheese.

In my life Tabasco goes on every savory dish or snack i eat
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited August 2019
    widgit808 wrote: »
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I always have ketchup on hot dogs! Or chicken dogs as the case may be these days. And I eat marshmallows almost every night. :(

The lofthouse cookies aren't worth the calories and the icing sucks so the one time I bought some, I just ended up eating around the outside edge of the cookies and threw the part with any icing away.

And scrambled eggs - ketchup is awesome. Maybe it would make the cookies in the OP a bit better too? :D

Ketchup on eggs is great. But gotta love ketchup on mac and cheese.

You need steak sauce on eggs, way better than ketchup! And Tabasco sauce goes on mac and cheese.

In my life Tabasco goes on every savory dish or snack i eat

While I hear what you're saying, I find that horseradish sauce goes with literally everything.

(And after I had almost-certainly-whooping-cough a few years back, I couldn't eat ANY condiments for six weeks because they all provoked coughing fits that closed my throat. That was a terrible, bland time in my life)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Maybe... just to confirm that it really IS as disgusting as it sounds... ;) I wouldn't pay money for it though!

I actually don't think it sounds that bad... call me crazy??! but I think it makes sense... I mean, mustard is actually sweet-ish.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I actually don't think it sounds that bad... call me crazy??! but I think it makes sense... I mean, mustard is actually sweet-ish.

If you insist...! ;)

bn4mu5cieisf.png
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I personally think chex is more polarising
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    But those cookies suck
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    🤢 bleh - I hereby bequeath my portions to anyone who likes these.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

If it was Honey Mustard...maybe.