Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I just love that.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rebecca. Thanks for posting inspiring quote.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 11 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout, took it easy today

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.01min, 12.7qmph, 126mhr, 1.55mi= 63c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 55.28min, 12.8amph, 137mhr, 11.83mi= 450c
    apple watch- 405c
    walk station 2 wrk w/backback- 9.53min, 112mhr, slow min mi, .49mi= 55c
    apple watch- 47c
    walk wrk 2 sta w/backpack- 7.29min, 116mhr, .46mi= 35c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.36min, 9.1amph, 144mhr, 2.51mi= 190c
    apple watch- 144c

total cal 793
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Our socks came
    dcp82q4922ox.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Barbara – sending hugs! This is a hard thing to do but doing it at home was a god send for me.

Allie – you’re doing awesome on the weight loss!!

Heather – WOW you look great!

Janetr – Oh my, I hope the young man comes through this and is ok. Your family seems to come together to support each other certainly in this situation the two families will get to know each other.

Kim from N. California
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Margeez - I don’t add even if I see the person as a friend. Just like my food lists to other stuff like measurements to be private until I want to share it.Plus many of us have been hurt a lot in the past. I had a bunch of Gal pals when I was younger all but 2 slept with my now ex-husband so hard to trust after that. Out of those 2 friends one started to do drugs with her brothers well I had to walk away. So only 1 old childhood friend left now she used to live with us as a kid for awhile so we’re thick as night. She’s my kids Godmom because of our past together we call each other sisters might as well my Dad y our 2 moms raised us with my Aunt y Uncle...good news also is she gets any complaints about my Moms family she lived through it with me lol so technically she’s family can’t be called friend anymore . So haven’t gotten close after all that anymore Hubby wants to protect me so he’s supportive of it feels the same about his own.So were just a friendless old couple lol 😂.That’s not cliche at all! Here’s the only real women I talk to other than my kid y Sister (friend). I even keep in-laws at a distance except mom in-law.

Amber Tx
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    About caught up.
    Heather- love the dress. Can you sit down?
    Allie- didn’t see what happened at work. Hopefully it will a turning point for you. Good luck.

SueBDew in TX
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    ge2kxwmksgru.jpeg
    cd49sho3co3g.jpeg
    sgxcwfql15sp.jpeg
    1t8az49w1hwu.jpeg
    i01qvdke2ymn.jpeg
    jyr0yrnev3bw.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Heather, the dress is gorgeous and you look amazing in it!
    Janet, oh my! Keeping your future grand son in law in my thoughts, incredible how quickly our lives can change direction.
    Allie, no words of wisdom from me, but keeping my fingers crossed for something good to come your way soon.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    Options
    Lisa, 1700 emails???? Yikes! That's enough to make anybody's brain fall out!
    Katla, keeping my fingers crossed for some answers to hubby's pain. If he does need surgery, any chance he would be in hospital long enough for you to sneak in a trip to see the grands? >:)
    On my tablet so having to reply and post per page, so apologies for the many posts!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of the Slim and Sculpt Pilates DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Kathy Smith’s Step workout DVD

Amber – I always used to say when the kids were little “I’ll be dead and buried and the dirt will still be here”. To this day do the kids remember how clean my floor was (not that it was clean…lol)? No. What do they remember? Climbing the tree, getting the cookies and milk – not the floor.

Lisa in AR – WTG girl!

KJ – no, we didn’t have a cookout or anything this weekend. Ken & Lynette are coming here for dinner Friday. I’m thinking that we’ll have a ribeye, I can have a veggie burger. Coleslaw, not sure what veges, maybe some California Medley. I’m a bit tired of corn, to be honest. Still not sure of the veggie. I know Jess likes only (get this) fresh green beans, Vince will only eat corn and carrots (which Jess doesn’t like). Me? I’ll eat just about every vege. I’m thinking I’ll take a pic of me reading PJ that book and post something like “Sheldon Cooper look out!”

Heather – lovely dress. Beyond WOWSERS

Allie – maybe that isn’t your job that’s posted, maybe he’s looking for someone IN ADDITION to you. That’s the optimist in me talking

Amber – Tougher guns laws are only going to be more gun laws that criminals ignore and make it harder for law abiding citizens to get/carry a gun. That’s my view (apologies to anyone who feels differently). What state has one of the toughest gun laws? Maryland. What state has the highest crime rate? Maryland (even superseding Chicago, Illinois). OK, I’ll get off my soapbox. On another note (still shooting) Jess found out a few weeks ago that two people had been shot in the parking lot of her school. Fortunately, she’s going to transfer. But she knew these kids. All she could think of was “what if I had been with them?” You know, I love nuts by themselves. But don’t put nuts in brownies, cookies, cake, really anything else. It must be a texture thing. Don’t give me peanutbutter (yes, I had a childhood PB&J-free) or PB cookies. But give me peanuts (or cashews, walnuts, just about any nut) and they disappear

Janetr – my heart goes out to you and your family

Annie in DE – I got some dings in my previous car. To get them out cost me almost $1,000. So for $1,000 I park FAR away from the stores…lol Jess laughs at me because I’m out in nowheresland. But it’s also easier to find the car…lol

Karen – I used the stuff you recommended to Lisa, it’s the generic term for Voltarin. The Voltarin eventually did work, but it seemed to take a long time for me. You’re right, janetr, it CAN be a nuisance at times

Elaine from CA – welcome!

Yvonne – so glad you’re back

Went to ceramics tonight and picked up my Sneezy and Pete’s turtle. Personally, I would have liked more color, I probably would have made the shell brown on the inside and yellow on the outside of the scales. But he wanted green. To me, it’s a lot of green

Michele in NC
    v936ctgbcb6n.jpg
    c61jz7jyka0b.jpg
  • evie1958
    Options
    Looks like not as many posts as I thought there was going to be! lol
    Today has gone fairly well, went to the gym this morning then came home and cleaned house. Still have some laundry to fold and need to throw a load into the dryer but the bathrooms are all clean, the dishes are done and the vacuuming is done! I even got outside and watered the flowers! I think tomorrow hubby and I are going out to the peninsula, which is where most of the fruit and veggie farms are, and get some corn on the cob and some berries. DIL's parents live out that way and when I went to the baby shower I stopped there, SO GOOD!! Went there for corn, came home with corn, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries! Yummy! Refuse to buy blackberries as I can head out the door and walk not very far and pick my own. Looking forward to meeting up with a friend and walking on Sunday's again. I've been working Sunday's for the last 3 years, so happy to have them off again. We will start back up next week, and it's prime blackberry season!! Yum!
    That's it for me for now. Hope everyone has a great day, hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    Options
    Michele I think the turtle looks great! And Sneezy is very cute....
    Evelyn Vancouver Island
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michele NC- So True I don’t think it’s the guns laws fully but no one needs an automatic weapon with 25+ rounds in the city limits.That’s more for hunting out in the country for dinner like I used to do.
    I’m talking more about tougher laws y penalty for murder,rape,shooting at folks, theft,human trafficking,things like that some are lax. Of course putting someone in jail for unpaid parking tickets 🎫 when they can’t pay their rent to 1 joint in the kids pocket needs to change their too strict in some districts. We don’t even have laws for half the Internet crimes to door 🚪 package thefts .Times will catch up hopefully y hopefully they’ll add stuff for if a school hit/rape lists pop up from a student start having mandatory psychiatric visits y put it in a Juvenile courts to be reviewed. Big difference between a 9 yr old doodling out of anger y a big old teen or adult doing it! More than Half the shooters by law could not purchase weapons or have them in possession so it’s not the gun registration law. One boy wasn’t supposed to have them do to mental health y anger issues so his mom ran out bought him a arsenal! Tougher rules against that is in order. Big difference between buying your kid a hunting gun to go hunting y arming a mentally disturbed kid. It’s like the parents who give alcohol parties y drugs to their kids saying better under my roof (ummm no the kids I raised parents had that mind set I had the Hell no mind set now their All Drug-Free even the severely addicted ones. Sad part is the law did not punish the parents just a class on parenting for the 20th time. Everything in moderation even laws.

Your right about cleaning my goodness should have taken weeks to do it not all in one day! My Daughter doesn’t even remember the million toys she had lol but she remembers me making her scrub the permanent marker off my car the long speech about why we don’t draw on walls to cars 🚗! Lol had that talk with every kid guess what only a few got it the rest drew tattoos on themselves lol 😂.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Sharon - I found out Jello sugar-free low calorie one is the best tasting - (off brands add flavored low cal creamer to the milk).
    I use unsweetened almond milk 30calories but there’s tons of choices my grandmas using Skim milk in hers. Can cut calories that way.Hope it helps. I’m dieting with my Cousin he’s a Probation Officer 👮,GED program tester,y well night shift watchman for the courthouse. He’s on Ketos. I can’t do the Keto gave me headache so we’re in separate apps just text when we can. Lol he gets stuck with bus duty for them too which he hates! A lot of saying no like their 5 he says lol. He hates courthouse at night lots of chairs moving in the closed room that no judges use anymore.Told him probably a really good hiding vagabond should set up a camera lol. He says nah will call it the ghost of an angry judge lol 😂. He gets me laughing pretty hard. He tried to get all his check-ins to get a GED managed to convince some. It’s a great number to pass out even to parents anymore.
    My Daughter Navy She’s on night guard duty tonight so she’s too busy to talk for 48-72hours. Messes up ones schedule.She likes night tho so she’s happy it’s not day she’s not a people person.

Amber Tx
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    "You can LOVE somebody but not neccesarily LIKE them".

A lesson that I learned only recently and can apply to your parents and children as well.

Bianca from South Africa

Very true, I loved my mother, she gave me birth but I DEFINITELY did not like her as a person

I felt this way about my dad. I loved him because he was my father, but I did not like his behavior. He was a very cruel person when he was drinking (which was most of the time). He was extremely condescending to everybody. I could never measure up, and it didn’t help that their first child was a boy who died slightly after birth. He just wasn’t happy about my gender!

Connie in KY