What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last night I made:
    Wild caught salmon and baked asparagus and broccoli

I had to go to my class so I prepped everything quick and threw it in the oven. 30min later it was ready! Kids ate while I was gone and I got to eat when I got home. Win win😁
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Black bean, corn, veggie salad to accompany mixed grill tonight with some other salads, plus be a staple side dish heading into another beachy weekend here at the Jersey Shore.

u1bgyf21wd8t.jpg
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Not going to lie, smoked a Papa murphy's pizza on the traeger. <3
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Instant pot shredded chicken tacos xsx3g6jejvhn.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Vietnamese garlic noodles with bits of leftovers.
    idvla29wigv4.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Ground beef cooked with diced zucchini, onions and garlic. Flavored with gochujang hoisin sauce.
    I ate it like a lettuce wrap. Everyone had it over brown rice. Yum yum.
  • acpgee
    Pantesca salad with lomo de bonito and white bean mash.
    kau8ljt3iiej.jpeg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I did a lot of grilling on Wednesday. Corn (for a corn cherry tomato salad), boneless skinless chicken thighs that were marinated in oyster sauce, garlic, lemongrass, and fish sauce, and I made pita on the grill (using a cast iron pan). The dough for the pita was great, but the pan was too small to allow for me to easily lay the rolled out dough in it. A baking steel or comal would have worked but I have neither of those. Next time I grill something, I might try to use one of our not especially nice sheet pans for pita on the grill.ftw46gadaxnw.jpg
    7cgzx6dnyzay.jpg

The corn and tomato salad also has mint and green onions. Yes that's the same chipped Ikea bowl. I made the salad in that bowl, took a picture, put most of it in a tupperware container (and some of it on a plate), and then made the chicken salad.
  • sledger93
    sledger93 Posts: 2 Member
    Fresh mozzarella chicken with brown rice and asparagus :)
  • acpgee
    I didn't believe the Ottolenghi recipe that the easy mango and coconut ice cream would take 9 hours to set.
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jul/06/yotam-ottolenghi-summer-al-fresco-feast-recipes-pork-vindaloo-slaw-mango-ice-cream
    I regularly make sorbets and granitas done in 3-4 hours, albeit with a lower fat content. But my attempt at mango and coconut ice cream is still a slush 8 hours into freezing.
    40o11h2fum79.jpg

• aokoye
    acpgee wrote: »
    I didn't believe the Ottolenghi recipe that the easy mango and coconut ice cream would take 9 hours to set.
    https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/jul/06/yotam-ottolenghi-summer-al-fresco-feast-recipes-pork-vindaloo-slaw-mango-ice-cream
    I regularly make sorbets and granitas done in 3-4 hours, albeit with a lower fat content. But my attempt at mango and coconut ice cream is still a slush 8 hours into freezing.
    Well, I suppose it does say to freeze for at least 9 hours...nine. hours. The recipe sounds lovely (I mean it's an Ottolenghi one, who am I kidding) but I'd rather just make it in an ice cream maker so I can have it the day of (and have a less icy sorbet).
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 81 Member
    “Cooked” the family supper last night after a busy day. Had rotisserie chicken, baked fries, roasted broccoli, and cut strawberries.

For a snack last night I warmed leftover shredded chicken with homemade corn salsa and homemade jalapeño ranch in a toasted corn shell. I love some taco leftovers for a snack.
  • acpgee
    Finished mango coconut ice cream the next morning. This is a useful easy dessert that can be whipped up from store cupboard ingredients. I added a shot of vodka which helps the ice cream not to freeze too solid, so that it is scoopable taken right out of the freeer.

Next time I might try the same 2 to 1 mix of tinned pineapple to coconut cream, along with lime juice to taste and a shot of rum for a pina colada ice cream. Just blitz everything together and freeze. Also might freeze this in a large metal roasting tin instead of a 2 litre plastic box which should shorten the setting time. Once I have a trayful of slush I can transfer to a plastic food storage box.
    h8gej0nojb6l.jpeg
  • aokoye
    Finished mango coconut ice cream the next morning. This is a useful easy dessert that can be whipped up from store cupboard ingredients. I added a shot of vodka which helps the ice cream not to freeze too solid, so that it is scoopable taken right out of the freeer.

Next time I might try the same 2 to 1 mix of tinned pineapple to coconut cream, along with lime juice to taste and a shot of rum for a pina colada ice cream. Just blitz everything together and freeze. Also might freeze this in a large metal roasting tin instead of a 2 litre plastic box which should shorten the setting time. Once I have a trayful of slush I can transfer to a plastic food storage box.
    Oh I bet the vodka is why it was still a bit soupy at 8 hours in yesterday. That makes a lot of sense. Looks tasty though.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Oh I bet the vodka is why it was still a bit soupy at 8 hours in yesterday. That makes a lot of sense. Looks tasty though.

+1. I'd like to try it with one watermelon and one mango. Freezer is packed full, so I would need to use that up prior to attempting this.
  • acpgee

+1. I'd like to try it with one watermelon and one mango. Freezer is packed full, so I would need to use that up prior to attempting this.

I made this with a 800g tin of mango and a 400g tin of coconut milk and I really like it. Will try it with coconut cream next time, as specified by the recipe.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

I made this with a 800g tin of mango and a 400g tin of coconut milk and I really like it. Will try it with coconut cream next time, as specified by the recipe.

Coconut and mango sounds delish! Thank you everso much for sharing it with us all.😋