Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,092Member Member Posts: 3,092Member Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Finished mango coconut ice cream the next morning. This is a useful easy dessert that can be whipped up from store cupboard ingredients. I added a shot of vodka which helps the ice cream not to freeze too solid, so that it is scoopable taken right out of the freeer.

Next time I might try the same 2 to 1 mix of tinned pineapple to coconut cream, along with lime juice to taste and a shot of rum for a pina colada ice cream. Just blitz everything together and freeze. Also might freeze this in a large metal roasting tin instead of a 2 litre plastic box which should shorten the setting time. Once I have a trayful of slush I can transfer to a plastic food storage box.
    Oh I bet the vodka is why it was still a bit soupy at 8 hours in yesterday. That makes a lot of sense. Looks tasty though.
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,895Member Member Posts: 8,895Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Finished mango coconut ice cream the next morning. This is a useful easy dessert that can be whipped up from store cupboard ingredients. I added a shot of vodka which helps the ice cream not to freeze too solid, so that it is scoopable taken right out of the freeer.

Next time I might try the same 2 to 1 mix of tinned pineapple to coconut cream, along with lime juice to taste and a shot of rum for a pina colada ice cream. Just blitz everything together and freeze. Also might freeze this in a large metal roasting tin instead of a 2 litre plastic box which should shorten the setting time. Once I have a trayful of slush I can transfer to a plastic food storage box.
    Oh I bet the vodka is why it was still a bit soupy at 8 hours in yesterday. That makes a lot of sense. Looks tasty though.

+1. I'd like to try it with one watermelon and one mango. Freezer is packed full, so I would need to use that up prior to attempting this.
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,112Member Member Posts: 4,112Member Member

+1. I'd like to try it with one watermelon and one mango. Freezer is packed full, so I would need to use that up prior to attempting this.

I made this with a 800g tin of mango and a 400g tin of coconut milk and I really like it. Will try it with coconut cream next time, as specified by the recipe.
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 8,895Member Member Posts: 8,895Member Member

I made this with a 800g tin of mango and a 400g tin of coconut milk and I really like it. Will try it with coconut cream next time, as specified by the recipe.

Coconut and mango sounds delish! Thank you everso much for sharing it with us all.😋
  • cbstewart88cbstewart88 Posts: 453Member Member Posts: 453Member Member
    1982 - a meatloaf. :neutral:
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,236Member Member Posts: 7,236Member Member
    Bbq pork shoulder steaks with baked potatoes and simple salad.
  • shunggieshunggie Posts: 921Member Member Posts: 921Member Member
    Spinach salad with blueberries and freshly grated parm with was baked swordfish. YUMMY!
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Posts: 304Member Member Posts: 304Member Member
    I was busy yesterday so I had the slow cooker going! (And made dozen hard boiled eggs in pressure cooker)

Seasoned Pork shoulder, white onions and green salsa all in one. After a long day, shredded it and ate with romaine lettuce. Nice tang and saltiness. It's going to be my lunch for the week :)
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,112Member Member Posts: 4,112Member Member
    Lasagna and sauteed fava bean shoots.
    jcdsiw52tees.jpg
  • Squishy_HSquishy_H Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    Egg, bacon and spinach in a low carb high fiber tortilla. zg3fcnlidlu5.jpeg
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,092Member Member Posts: 3,092Member Member
    Roasted salmon marinated in lemon juice, lemon zest, grated ginger, grated garlic, harissa, and a little bit of sugar. The recipe called for orange juice and zest but I had a bunch of lemons and zero oranges - it would have been better with orange juice. In addition, I roasted waxy potatoes that I sliced thinly on the mandolin.

Lunch was a salmon burger which was ok but I realized that I don't actually like salmon between two slices of bread. The salmon was great though and really well seasoned.
  • Squishy_HSquishy_H Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    Lemon chicken and green beans 68y83gu40nxt.jpeg
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,236Member Member Posts: 7,236Member Member
    Ropa vieja in instantpot with cauli rice and green peas spiced with fajita seasoning.