The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Did anyone do anything exciting this past weekend?

First date after my divorce. I would say that classifies as exciting.

Oooohhhh. That does sound exciting! How was it?
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member

Very good, went out to a dinner show doing Buddy Holly. We had a real nice time.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    I've been divorced 8 years now and still no date. All the single women are involved with married men or young enough to be my daughter! :(
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I've also not had a date since my divorce. But it has only been 2 years. Everyone I know is either married or way younger than me
  • Cutemesoon

Very good, went out to a dinner show doing Buddy Holly. We had a real nice time.

Glad you enjoyed it!
  • Cutemesoon
    belladamjc wrote: »
    I've been divorced 8 years now and still no date. All the single women are involved with married men or young enough to be my daughter! :(
    I've also not had a date since my divorce. But it has only been 2 years. Everyone I know is either married or way younger than me

It's HARD out there! Hopefully you'll find someone soon!
  • Sentinel_UK
    Sentinel_UK Posts: 213 Member
    I want someone who is going to add value in my life and my daughters. I don't believe in dating for the sake of dating or not to be alone.

^^ This 100%. When I date it’s to add value to my life. I’m quite content with being alone. Do I feel lonely? Sometimes, but I won’t get involved in a relationship just not to be alone.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I would also rather be single than in a relationship with the wrong person. This is also why I have been single for 12 years and probably forever.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    belladamjc wrote: »

Most single women in these parts are dating older/younger married men and the young and impressionable. Why it's just so much easier to NOT.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I have been single for 2 years. I have had a few first dates but no one I wanted to have a second date with.. I want someone who is going to add value in my life and my daughters. I don't believe in dating for the sake of dating or not to be alone. I am pretty content being on my own and just spending time with my daughter..

Same. <3
    I have been trying the online dating and I make that clear pretty early on.
    I also refuse to live with someone before marriage. I make that clear, too. I know in this day and age, people are all about living together first..... but what if things don't work out? And he leaves? And later someone else moves in?
    I refuse to have a revolving door of daddy figures for my daughter. I don't want her to feel rejected by anyone she sees as dad.
    Her own dad already walked away.

I have a lot of dealbreakers and I was told I am too harsh. But this is my life and my daughter's life being impacted. And if I want to be picky as hell, I will be. I don't NEED to be with anyone...

I love this!! I have a 6 month rule when it comes to my daughter, no one gets to meet her or even come over.

And I have been told I need to lower my standards and stop expecting so much from people. The moment I feel like something is off, I call them out and walk away..

Lowering expectations for whose benefit? The WALL stays up.
  • Cutemesoon
    I would also rather be single than in a relationship with the wrong person. This is also why I have been single for 12 years and probably forever.

Being with the wrong person is emotional suicide.

8ae.gif
  • Eric_smeric
    Eric_smeric Posts: 40 Member
    I have been single for 2 years. I have had a few first dates but no one I wanted to have a second date with.. I want someone who is going to add value in my life and my daughters. I don't believe in dating for the sake of dating or not to be alone. I am pretty content being on my own and just spending time with my daughter..

Same. <3
    I also refuse to live with someone before marriage. I make that clear, too. I know in this day and age, people are all about living together first..... but what if things don't work out? And he leaves? And later someone else moves in?
    I refuse to have a revolving door of daddy figures for my daughter. I don't want her to feel rejected by anyone she sees as dad.

I have a lot of dealbreakers and I was told I am too harsh. But this is my life and my daughter's life being impacted. And if I want to be picky as hell, I will be. I don't NEED to be with anyone...

I love this!! I have a 6 month rule when it comes to my daughter, no one gets to meet her or even come over.

And I have been told I need to lower my standards and stop expecting so much from people. The moment I feel like something is off, I call them out and walk away..

You are correct in keeping your standards high. When it comes to children there is no such thing as too high.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited August 2019

Same. <3

If I understand dating and relationships correctly, the living together part is for those that don't have kids to worry about. I thought it was common for parents not to move in with someone, while they were dating. Is this not the case?

Same. <3

I also thought this was normal as well. Though the idea of a single warning sign, and you walk seems a bit extreme. Doesn't everyone have a warning sign or two, that people see? I thought that was just a part of puzzle pieces working together to fit with each other?

Btw, if anyone's wondering where these questions are coming from, I've never been in a relationship. Well...outside a 6 month fling in high school. As a result, I don't have a lot of the knowledge that the rest of humanity seems to. Hence why I ask.