The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Good morning everyone!

A lighter day today considering my day commenced at 2am PST with log Sellers (our company) , ironing out concessions we'd ALL agree to, thanks to Japan for purchasing our slabs at too high a price per m3. American buyers only want to come to the table paying $800 less per m3.

I need to qualify our company to drop ship to Home Depot & Loews yesterday to get out of the constant haggling over prices with exotic log/slab dealers.

/rant.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited April 2019
    denny_mac wrote: »
    What's the most unlikely place that someone has approached you to ask you out?

Waiting in line at the movies to buy hotdogs, popcorn and drinks. I tend to take my energy to zero when on military bases. Conservatism first and foremost.

In his defense though, my god-son did run a clothesline maneuver on me earlier ... Toppling me over, followed by me giving him a tickle attack. :laugh: He'd commented then, but a four year old wins every time, especially if I don't know you. I am the worst person to pick up, if I am preoccupied.

They'd played the lead in movies to Avengers. So, we were all confined to that space for a long duration.

In what unlikely places have YOU approached someone you found attractive or interesting?

What is unlikely is me asking period. I am traditional - man should ask. I did at the grocery store. Yup, cheesy. My then fiancé ticked me off . I called it off. Needed to rebound. Move on. Wasted 5 years with him, the ex fiancé, not the quickie. Funny thing was, it felt like I chose a virgin to get him out of my mind.
  • 777Gemma888
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    It's sad to see the people that didn't make the cut.

I think that it's a combination of MFP glitches where people can't get to the forums, as well as people preferring the previous singles thread.
    giphy.gif

So it's not that they're all suddenly busy anymore?

For some cobtributors, yes. Others have stated being constantly woo' d is a repellent.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited April 2019

Background:  Empire State Building based radio station.  Early morning show.  One of the assistants was called "Cubby" and I believe this was one of his very early days, as some kind of an attache on the show.  The show host would have Cubby waiting at select locations to ask questions etc.  This particular morning was about a dare:   "Would you wear the ugliest outfit you have and walk through NYC?"  At the time, I had this quirky Ken Done outfit, an Australian brand.  It was a form-fitted tee with leggings, its cap, bag and shoes like Vans in the same print, only that the closest I can share about its effect is, that to wear it at all, likens one as a walking aquarium with that sky blue/fluorescent dominance.  I would choose some off-the-wall outfits for their shock value to rouse my family etc for kicks, especially back then.

What actually happened:  In my Ken Done, I'd exited our building at the time, which was between the Holland Tunnel and Madison Square Garden.  Our first year as students/young professionals in NYC.  The radio show challenge was -  " Who would dare to wear a spectacle of an attire, for $100?"  I wanted to follow through with it, to humour my sister, who was in laughing fits the entire time.  

As we'd reached Penn Station, this man stopped me, by body-blocking me, dressed in his power suit holding his newspaper.  I was so appalled that he'd actually asked me out - with me looking that ridiculous, meaning immediate deafening, that it escaped my notice that he was attractive and everything else. Grabbed his newspaper, rolled it up, then smacked him with it ... Further encouraging him to my disdain ... The man kept saying "You don't own my eyes - I can look if I want," yada yada yada, as he did his NYer thing.  My sister knowing how I am, was bent over still laughing.  

The point too of the challenge was - Who had the most ridiculous get-up and could wear it and walk 4 blocks in NYC? I still won. Cubby witnessed. My sister volunteered me and my outfit :laugh:
    In what unlikely places have YOU approached someone you found attractive or interesting?

Just this once, I blurted it out, without meaning to. The closest to asking a man out. I should've kept my big mouth shut.

Background: Summertime rush. My sister and I were shopping for linens.

What happened: Man with some woman. He was super attractive in my opinion, crisp and sharp. She was anything but, and sloppy. On this particular day, for some reason, it roused an uncharacteristic reaction on my part. Too stunned at seeing them in there, I reacted, "You should be kissing me, not her." :laugh: In my defense, this man would always be kissing this woman, when my sister and I happened to be passing by, only it was always outside the store usually, or around Columbus Circle ... She'd just be standing there, hands by her side like a corpse, with him doing his thing.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member

Some guy asked me out in a Hobby Lobby once. In all actuality that is probably smart on his part. Mostly women in that place.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

I was pulled over for a random breath test at 7am.. the police officer and I had a few laughs and chatted about how many people get done at that time. I kinda had seen him around the town so when he asked if I wanted to catch up that weekend I said yes.. had 4 dates but that was it we remained friends though.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

Some guy asked me out in a Hobby Lobby once. In all actuality that is probably smart on his part. Mostly women in that place.

Noted
  • Mysunshinelife31
    Mysunshinelife31 Posts: 41 Member

In line at Starbucks, I was hit on. I bought my own drink and he asked if I would buy his too. Nope lol.

I approached someone at a car wash
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2019

@ Work/pharmacy several times...><...not going there with "professionalism" and all. Besides, I'm already satisfied with my too numerous to quantify stone cold 70+yo silver foxes who hit me up regularly (jokingly).
    #Gold diggers

My Boss got an offer (proposed - if his wife ever left him) from one of said stone cold 70+yo silver foxes (lmfao)

My sister actually had one of her students (Russia) propose to her...
    #American Citizenship
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member

No where. Have you seen that picture over there.
    Ya like that would ever happen ... see above.
  • 777Gemma888

I find this odd.
  • 777Gemma888
    Good morning all!
  • k8eekins
    edited April 2019

I find this odd.

+ 1 because you're not unattractive @eromligyppah

Hullo hullo hullo. Hope you will all have a fabulous Thursday!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »

I find this odd.

I'm a bit odd to say the least lol, and maybe I'm a bit more focused on my kids to talk to anyone or have anyone talk to me.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »

I find this odd.

I'm a bit odd to say the least lol, and maybe I'm a bit more focused on my kids to talk to anyone or have anyone talk to me.

Ditto! On all points
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

@ Work/pharmacy several times...><...not going there with "professionalism" and all. Besides, I'm already satisfied with my too numerous to quantify stone cold 70+yo silver foxes who hit me up regularly (jokingly).
    #Gold diggers

My Boss got an offer (proposed - if his wife ever left him) from one of said stone cold 70+yo silver foxes (lmfao)

My sister actually had one of her students (Russia) propose to her...
    #American Citizenship

Wutttt? You're cheating on me 😕

😁
  • k8eekins
    Garage Sale throughout my neighbourhood today and I'd actually thought to get our usual sisters trail-run in, only that we chose to not. The traffic has been crazy since the early hours with people bringing in items. Large items too by the size of most vehicles. I oftentimes mind these because it ruins the privacy of this "Hidden Gem" of a community.

Slept in instead since we'll get our run through the Groves early this afternoon! Took advantage of the ease of my day's start, enjoying my first morning hot cuppa watching W5: Drug cartels battle for control over Mexican tourist hot spots.

Hope you'll all manage some time within your weekend to recover before the approaching week.
  • 777Gemma888