August 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Great job @eleanorhawkins, now you just have to do that four more times, back to back! :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    @ROBOTFOOD I lived in Vegas for a while, back in the 90s. I could not imagine running there in July/August during the day, and probably would be out there at midnight with you if I still did! I was a fat desk jockey when I lived there so running was not much of thought. :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    cyoka13 wrote: »
    Guys! I just ran 2.25 continuous miles without stopping! My best continuous run was 1.25 miles and that was two days ago :)

August Goal: 37-40 miles
    Total Miles Completed:

My August Runs/Walks
    8/2: 3.09 miles
    8/5: 3.27 miles
    8/10: 3.25 miles total (1.25 mile of continuous run and walk/run alternating for 2 miles)
    8/12: 3.25 miles total (2.25 miles of continuous run and 1 mile walk)

Congratulations! That must feel terrific!

• PastorVincent
    cyoka13 wrote: »
    Guys! I just ran 2.25 continuous miles without stopping! My best continuous run was 1.25 miles and that was two days ago :)

August Goal: 37-40 miles
    Total Miles Completed:

My August Runs/Walks
    8/2: 3.09 miles
    8/5: 3.27 miles
    8/10: 3.25 miles total (1.25 mile of continuous run and walk/run alternating for 2 miles)
    8/12: 3.25 miles total (2.25 miles of continuous run and 1 mile walk)

Congratulations! That must feel terrific!

Missed this post the first time, but way cool! Well done!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    Great job @eleanorhawkins, now you just have to do that four more times, back to back! :smiley:

Thanks, yeah only four and a quarter or so times. But I don't have to do it quite that fast. I just need to work out how fast I actually need to go and get used to that pace.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I've been out of the thread for a while. I asked this in the FB group but figured I'd throw it out here too.

So I'm going to start running this weekend. Doc said to come back slow so I was thinking of doing something like couch to 5k. The last time I did this was before apps (I had to print out the plan!). Should I get a free app or use some kind of plan from the apps I already have (nike, strava and garmin)? Or just go by feel?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I've been out of the thread for a while. I asked this in the FB group but figured I'd throw it out here too.

So I'm going to start running this weekend. Doc said to come back slow so I was thinking of doing something like couch to 5k. The last time I did this was before apps (I had to print out the plan!). Should I get a free app or use some kind of plan from the apps I already have (nike, strava and garmin)? Or just go by feel?

My doc suggested I comeback (last year), by running 1 min, walk 1 minute the first week. Then progress by adding minutes. So you could start off doing some slow intervals. 2/2, 3/3 or maybe even 5/5 if you feel good.

Love seeing a comeback!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member

When I started running I used the C25K app from Zen labs and I liked it a lot. I was starting as a non-runner though and hadn't heard of Strava and did not have a Garmin yet so I can't really compare it to those apps.