Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• greenmika8
    greenmika8 Posts: 4 Member
    Weight loss is a very personal journey but it inevitably draws comments from the people around us. I’m curious, what kind of comments have you received related to your weight loss? Good, bad, frustrating. Here are a couple for me...

Good: “You are looking fit”
    Frustrating: “you don’t have any weight to lose” or “don’t get obsessed with your new diet”
    Weight loss is a very personal journey but it inevitably draws comments from the people around us. I’m curious, what kind of comments have you received related to your weight loss? Good, bad, frustrating. Here are a couple for me...

Good: “You are looking fit”
    Frustrating: “you don’t have any weight to lose” or “don’t get obsessed with your new diet”

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    "You look slimmer"
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Sorry if this comes across as overly-judgemental, but you shouldn't be starving yourself! It is hard work to be vigilant, but starvation ain't healthy.

[/soapbox]

I don't know if this was meant as a reply to me... I agree it's not healthy to starve yourself, which is why I said that people's comments can be toxic. We shouldn't congratulate the symptoms without caring to understand the cause.
  • MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    I get called an "inspiration" sometimes. I'm glad for that.

Some people act envious. One remark was a grumbled, "I think I'm finding the weight you're losing."

And then there is the teasing. "Your clothes are getting loose on you. Did they stretch out, or something?" I suppose it's similar to the joke about somebody getting their "ears lowered" rather than their hair cut, but it kind of ticks me off.

That's hilarious! I would have told them, "Now it's your turn to chuck it to someone else. Hot potato." 20/20 hindsight and all that.

Great one. Wish I'd thought of that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!