What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    All I'm saying is how you feel about yourself shouldn't be so dependent on what anyone else has to say, good bad or indifferent. If a single beautiful or ugly comment moves the needle too much for you, you've still got some self identification work to do.

#loveyoself

These are wise words.

However, (and i can only speak to what it’s like to be a girl so maybe it’s the same for boys) young girls are practically brainwashed by the media to believe that their appearance and other people’s approval of it = self worth. They’re all wrapped up together, and it’s hard to teach a girl not to care about other people’s words. That comes with time and maturity I think.

I feel like body positivity is trending though so it’s maybe not as bad as when i was a teen
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    All I'm saying is how you feel about yourself shouldn't be so dependent on what anyone else has to say, good bad or indifferent. If a single beautiful or ugly comment moves the needle too much for you, you've still got some self identification work to do.

#loveyoself

These are wise words.

However, (and i can only speak to what it’s like to be a girl so maybe it’s the same for boys) young girls are practically brainwashed by the media to believe that their appearance and other people’s approval of it = self worth. They’re all wrapped up together, and it’s hard to teach a girl not to care about other people’s words. That comes with time and maturity I think.

I feel like body positivity is trending though so it’s maybe not as bad as when i was a teen

Hell it’s taken me damn near 40 years to not give a damn what others think - it comes with age for both men and women I think. There comes a time where maybe you’re too busy - or tired or whatever to really give two fuggs ya know - guess that’s a perk to being old - get off my damn lawn ya know
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Spotify is having a *kitten* of a time trying to figure me out and frankly it's annoying. Just play what I picked. Don't try to guess what I like and especially don't add *kitten* to my playlist on your own.

This is why I quit pandora and switched to YouTube premium. Everything I picked ended up on the Beetles.

Does it use a ton more data than pandora? I'm strongly considering it

you can turn the video off
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    its nearly the roaring twenties again and us men still out here not getting told WE are beautiful for once smh
    5aUzbAXm.jpg
    ah well least we still got the height shaming

there are many ways we tell u youre beautiful like
    “hey :love: wyd”
    or
    “who is that girl who’s pic u liked??? :rage:
    or
    “i’m fine, it’s nothing”

you just have to LISTEN

umm what's this?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    its nearly the roaring twenties again and us men still out here not getting told WE are beautiful for once smh
    5aUzbAXm.jpg
    ah well least we still got the height shaming

there are many ways we tell u youre beautiful like
    “hey :love: wyd”
    or
    “who is that girl who’s pic u liked??? :rage:
    or
    “i’m fine, it’s nothing”

you just have to LISTEN

she knows stuff ❤️
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    a4gdnf9ziwtl.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Telling a woman they're beautiful does not help their self esteem at all. In fact, I find it can do more harm than good. The term beautiful has lost its value in today's world, it's time we value people for who they are and not necessarily what they look like.
    JUST had this conversation. Weird

You can tell someone a thousand times they are beautiful, if they don't believe it, it does absolutely nothing for their confidence or self esteem.

this why i always start every text with "hey little ugly wyd"

And it's like a dagger to my cold ugly heart 😭 just once could you start with " hey not so ugly wyd"
  • Miss_Chievous_
    Miss_Chievous_ Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just woke up from a nap and when I woke up I thought it was morning and it was Sunday, it took me a good 15 minutes to get back to reality. 😒🤣
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    College drop out is by far Kanye’s best album - also sting cheese is pure greatness- oh and I’m not really feeling leg day - but can’t be a sissy all my life I don’t guess - I’m going now - get off my back sheesh !
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Thinking of moving but not sure where: Austin, Tampa, Hawaii? Decisions.....

It depends on the cash flow, desired lifestyle and energy. Austin is a mixed bag of hot mess and pretentiousness but some good too.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    People who pride themselves on ‘taking the high road’ when they’re really just being passive aggressive dillholes

My experience with the high road is that if people are talking about taking it they’re not taking it
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    People who pride themselves on ‘taking the high road’ when they’re really just being passive aggressive dillholes

I insightfulled that because it’s insightful.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    My pencil button fell

asfpxhji6o84.jpeg

Mine too. Literally any second we’ll all get to thoughtfully disagree with each other 🤓
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options
    My pencil button fell

asfpxhji6o84.jpeg

Old tricks in a new age 😍