What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: steel cut oats with vanilla & dried cranberries, iced coffee

Lunch: big slice of deluxe pizza at Sam's Club (quick lunch with my senior dad before his 2 weeks in Hawaii vacation of a lifetime, aww)

Dinner: edamame stir fry over brown rice with peppers, mushrooms, zucchini & tomatoes. Cantaloupe chunks.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1.5 cups of vanilla honey greek yogurt w/fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raisin toast w/butter and ice water to drink

Lunch:
    cup of milk oolong tea, cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    stuffed flounder (stuffed with lump crab meat), string beans, kale salad, candied yams, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    banana nut bread w/ cup of coffee w/cream, bowl of watermelon chunks, maybe some black and green olives
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Breakfast- chocolate chip cookie, iced almond milk latte

Lunch - smoothie made w/ spinach, banana, mango, hemp seeds, and greek yogurt. Sliced peaches, and figs.

Snack - dark chocolate pb cup, cheese

Dinner - baked chicken breast, salad

Snack - yasso chocolate chip mint icecream
  • michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    breakfast: carrot granola bar and a banana
    lunch: turkey bacon, carrots, spinach
    snack: mango
    dinner: baked chicken breast and broccoli
    snack: rice krispies and almond milk
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast - 3-egg omelette with onions, American cheese, and salsa; 1 cup of Fruity Puffs (generic Trix), dry

No lunch today

Dinner - two slices of Smithfield honey ham on Hannaford brand "enriched" sandwich bread with dijon mustard; half a package of Green Giant riced cauliflower medley made with onions, olive oil, and Formosa red pepper hot sauce, with a 1/2 cup of Goya low sodium chick peas mixed in

Snacks - 2 Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups; decaf coffee with stevia, apple pie spice, and unsweetened almond milk

Tomorrow:

Breakfast - the other half of the riced cauliflower topped with two over easy eggs

Lunch - mixed berry Greek yogurt, two slices of the honey ham on the enriched bread with dijon and dill relish

Dinner - red lentil penne with Classico cabernet marinara sauce, grated parmesan, and a serving of roasted pine nuts

Snacks - two cups of Fruity Puffs with unsweetened almond milk

It's a finish-eating-what's-left-in-the-kitchen kind of week.

• seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: fried egg with chipotle ranch dressing, toast with lemon curd, coffee

Lunch: veggie burger patty, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and a smoothie made from unsweetened almond milk, banana, pineapple & hemp protein powder.

Dinner: homemade thin crust pizza with garlic sauce, mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions & provolone.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea, cup of white rose tea

Lunch:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea, cup of roasted dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    L/O stuffed flounder (stuffed with lump crab meat), string beans, kale salad, candied yams, ice water to drink

3 large chocolate covered pretzels, black and green olives
  • Lattesweet
    Options
    Breakfast- perfect bar, cold brew w/ cream

Lunch - sliced toast w/ mashed avocado & egg, iced almond milk latte

Snack - fresh figs, tea

Dinner - baked salmon, salad

Snack - yasso chocolate chip mint icecream
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea, cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    1/2 turkey club (filled with lots of thick turkey breast slices, cheese, lots of think bacon, thick tomato slices, boston bibb lettuce, mayo on thick french toasted bread), avocado caesar salad, Twisters fruit punch to drink.

Dinner:
    Avocolada shake: (bit hands full of baby spinach, kale, whole avocado, coconut milk, Twister's fruit punch, frozen pineapples, frozen mangoes, frozen strawberries) The other 1/2 of the turkey club sandwich, ice water to drink

bowl of watermelon, honeydew melon chuncks, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coconut pineapple Greek yogurt
    Lunch: small romaine salad with Catalina dressing and a pepperoni pizza Lean Pock
    Afternoon snack: strawberries
    Dinner: homemade sweet & sour chicken (with bell peppers, onion & pineapple in the sauce) and an egg roll
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: pineapple Greek yogurt, iced coffee

Lunch: big bowl of homemade split peas with lots of spices, onions & carrots. String cheese. Whole peach.

Dinner: cauliflower alfredo sauce with nutritional yeast & garlic over wheat spaghetti, asparagus spears, and then a small sundae at Braum's - single scoop of chocolate raspberry ganache ice cream & marshmallow topping (at least I saved room for it in my calories today).
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberry on the bottom, one slice enriched bread toasted with one tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch: three slices of ham filled with mashed chick peas which I tossed with balsamic vinegar and dried dill, bbq sauce for dipping

Dinner: three jumbo shrimp, three small baguette slices, sesame soy glazed salmon with side of mashed potatoes and veggies, piece of blueberry lemon cheesecake with whipped cream, gin and tonic

Snacks: nectarine, five Andes mints

My parents are vacationing nearby, so they took me out to dinner :D Luckily I have enough banked calories to cover it.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: coconut almond protein bar
    Lunch: pepperoni pizza Lean Pocket and veggie straws
    Afternoon snack: string cheese and a beef jerky stick
    Dinner: meatballs in marinara sauce, a piece of garlic bread with a side salad

kind of a random hodge podge, clean out the fridge type day
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    2 cups of milky oolong tea

Dinner:
    Ethiopian food(YES, I'm hooked on this stuff and my body loves it too, so I've having it yet AGAIN today):yum: : Chicken sambusa, beets, cabbage and carrots, yellow split peas, collard greens, salad(iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hot peppers), 2 different styled lentils, eggplant dish, chicken doro wat (a super spicy chicken and hard boiled eggs strange and DELICIOUS dish) ALL eaten with their sponge bread called injera (and YES, I am a pro at eating these dishes without a fork now, using only the fabulous and filling sponge/injera bread), can of ginger-ale to drink

slice of plain cheesecake w/fresh strawberries and blueberries, cup of coffee w/cream, maybe some green and black olives.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Yesterday was:
    Breakfast - vanilla protein waffle w/ sugar free syrup, veggie sausage & coffee
    Lunch - black bean burger on toast with mayo, pickles & onion, baked sweet potato fries & 2 cinnamon grahams with green tea
    Dinner - casserole made of rice, beans, peppers, salsa...a little cilantro, sour cream & shredded lettuce on top. Later in the evening, one mozzarella cheese stick and a scoop of vanilla ice cream w/ sliced strawberries.

Today will be:
    Breakfast - 2 slices toast, one with grape jam & one with coconut butter. Fried egg, coffee.
    Lunch - trying Tropical Smoothie Cafe for the first time. I have my eye on one of their chicken quesadillas but may get a salad instead. We're walking a few miles (there and back) if weather cooperates.
    Dinner - having friends over and my husband is making a HUGE amount of chorizo nachos with tons of roasted peppers & veggies. We'll have beer and NA beer on hand and I'm also considering baking some peanut butter cookies since there will be a crowd to help polish them off.
  • Lattesweet
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Brunch - iced coffee w/ cream, croissant sandwich w/ egg, cheese & turkey bacon

Snack - iced coffee, fresh figs

Dinner - 2 homemade burgers, 2 cans of apple cider rose

Snack - dark chocolate unreal
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    3 1/2 taco bell supreme tacos w/Twisters fruit punch to drink

cheese danish w/cup of coffee w/cream, 1 large taffy apple

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    Avocalada shake (big hands full of baby spinach and kale, 1 avocado, coconut milk, twister's fruit punch, frozen pineapples, frozen mangoes, frozen strawberries)

Dinner:
    Avocado Ceasar salad and chicken Alfredo, ice water to drink

bowl of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, watermelon and cantaloupe chunks, black and green olives
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. 1 egg, rye toast with butter, strawberries, coffee.

Lunch. Half a turkey sandwich. Plain Greek yogurt 2% with blueberries, coffee.

Dinner. Stuffed green peppers in the oven right now!

Snacks. Beef jerky, nuts, 1 crumpet, small piece of very tasty cheese.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Such a long & weird day of eating for me...not typical at all! 9 miles of hiking & a 4 hour road trip involved!

6 AM - protein waffle with sugar-free syrup, 1 piece vegetarian sausage & fried egg w/ hot sauce, coffee
    11 AM - 1 slice French toast with butter & syrup, 2 pieces pork sausage (SO wanted a burger but the restaurant was only serving breakfast today)
    5 PM - Burger King Whopper
    7 PM - 2 chocolate "Ice Cubes" & a huge black coffee
    9 PM - 3 pieces of grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, roasted radishes, shredded cabbage & carrots drizzled with balsamic & 2 smallish chocolate chip cookies with frosting in the center & some jasmine tea