Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    I hope no one is in line to get hit by Dorian! Scary
    Dawn - everyone above has such good advice. Over my years of work I have found that I skipped times off because I felt like I couldn’t. In the end honestly the only one it hurt was me and sometimes my family. My job and my work would’ve been there whether I took off or not. You-#1. Work - much lower ;). Take care with all the sadness. Sound like you and hubby are great friends.
    FOL - jealous of that horse. Beautiful. I rode at a friends twice. I am too uptight couldn’t figure out how to relax. Horse did not like that! ;)
    Waves to all - Missy Lana Sara Skinny and the newcomers. Welcome.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Vegetables in oven

3 of 5 picture albums gutted and put into photo box. Found a headset with a very long cord and I can now watch things on Acorn TV or Youtube and not have to crank up the volume!! Yippee.

Took down curtains - looks better that way. Dont want to pull out my back so enough "muscle man" work for the day.

Went to Michaels spent 28.00 saved 22.00 so I was stunned. Got a new binder for new job and box for photos.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day.

I second Lynn's sentiment I hope nobody is in Dorian's way - Meghan??

Wishing all a good night.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    ama3387 wrote: »
    I’m definitely a serial starter. I’d like to stop doing that. As each time I come back I’m another 10lbs heavier. I need to get this right this time!

This is so me🤣🤗 just had to weigh myself to face reality and it’s not good. Heavier again. But THIS time I need to grab this.

Hello to all again. I fell off wagon of counting/registering - now back in saddle.

Hi fatoldladyonamission - that’s me too 👍 love that ❤️❤️

How do you lose 8lbs in a week? That would boost my mood. So going to get the exercise going. Today is a new day - I shall seize it with both hands.

Wave to all who are struggling on their journey. Picking myself up and starting again 💕
  • frenchfancy2014
    Hi guys, sorry I missed a day, it’s been madly hectic here and yes I am in the uk so usually tapping away whilst you’re all asleep! Hi to everyone I haven’t met before and I’m loving this thread already, so many great supportive and encouraging people!

So, I have a new Fitbit as of yesterday and it does this funky thing where it buzzes at 10 minutes to every hour that I’ve classed as my waking day, that’s to tell me if I haven’t walked 250 steps in that hour that I need to move it! Well I’ve been so obsessed with beating the target that I’ve well and truly exceeded that both yesterday and today and even got on my treadmill for 10 minutes walking yesterday. Admittedly that’s not much but it’s a lot more than I’ve done in about a year! Actually surprised I managed the steps today as I’ve driven 250 miles into deepest Shropshire to see the young horse I’ve bought for myself as more motivation! Horse is turning out to be absolutely stunning and when I told his breeder I was cutting down to be able to ride him she said that’s great but he’ll be well able to carry you when he’s fully grown! Could have knocked me down with a feather. I’m still dieting though. Horse riding at this size would be both dangerous for me and unfair to any horse, let alone a young one!

Either way I’m so excited about him! I can’t wait to be skinny enough to do lots of walking out with him!

Anyway, today is a full week back on it and I’m utterly delighted to be able to say that (inc water weight) I’ve lost 8lbs this week! Clearly that’s a starting week for sure and my body going into shock at the lack of calories but I’m over the moon with it!

Must get some sleep now as have another 250 mile drive home tomorrow and this hotel bed is ridiculously comfy so sleep is calling me.

Have a good Friday everyone and I’ll be back tomorrow evening (for me, morning for you guys over the pond!)

😊

👋 👋 how did you lose 8 Ilbs in a week? I am in awe. So impressed and inspired by you. Where in UK are you? I’m in deepest East Sussex 🤗
  • @frenchfancy2014 would you believe I'm in West Sussex? 😂 Bizarre coincidence! In answer to your question I can only assume that having been eating way too much for way too long and having a lot to lose (150lbs) to get to the very bottom of the healthy range for me, though not sure I want to go that far) is what's fuelling it. Plus I've only just started.

I'm doing partial meal replacements when I feel a trigger coming on but still having 1400 calories a day and working hard to move more, I bought a Fitbit Inspire HR to replace my broken Fitbit One and that's helping a lot. Sadly nobody will notice my 8lbs gone yet because there's so much to still go!
  • frenchfancy2014
    @frenchfancy2014 would you believe I'm in West Sussex? 😂 Bizarre coincidence! In answer to your question I can only assume that having been eating way too much for way too long and having a lot to lose (150lbs) to get to the very bottom of the healthy range for me, though not sure I want to go that far) is what's fuelling it. Plus I've only just started.

I'm doing partial meal replacements when I feel a trigger coming on but still having 1400 calories a day and working hard to move more, I bought a Fitbit Inspire HR to replace my broken Fitbit One and that's helping a lot. Sadly nobody will notice my 8lbs gone yet because there's so much to still go!

What a coincidence, Sounds a good plan. I’m about to get moving out in garden. Doing some gardening whilst I have last day of hols and then get on the exercise bike and go for a walk. Saw Steven Fry on tv the other day and he’s lost 2 stone just by waking for an hour a day and using audio books to keep him occupied en route, Thought that was a great idea the audio books👍

• frenchfancy2014
    That should of course read walking!!!! If only could lose 2 stone by waking 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • That should of course read walking!!!! If only could lose 2 stone by waking 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wouldn't that be heaven? I'm sure I was a very fst cat in a former life! All I want to do is eat and sleep in the sun! 😂
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good (Monday) morning all. Oh my goodness, I really overdid it yesterday. I was already up on the scale Sunday morning due to having wine and pizza Saturday night at a friend's house (I misunderstood--I thought we were going out for pizza and had planned to order a salad)...and then the Fair and then...here's what did me in because I am my own worst enemy...why not binge because you know the scale will look terrible anyway?

So, I have to get back on track today. Everyone is still sleeping so I haven't had a chance to see how bad it looks on the scale. I haven't looked in the mirror today, but I suspect there will be the puffer-fish face effec from all of the sodium. Gah. At least I walked more than 20,000 steps!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is back to school, so today I need to get laundry and meals prepped for the week. Some exercise wouldn't be a bad idea either!

Wave to all who follow. Sorry for the complete and total self-absorption today, but I am TOTALLY a trip on her on feet on flat surfaces kind of gal!

Have a great day and a great week everyone!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Skinnytacular - celebrate the 20,000 steps! That’s fab.

I do the same thought process ...’ it’s going to be be bad, so eat anyway!!!’ It’s such self sabotage!

Keep at it. And no need apologise for ‘self absorption’ - you need to vent ❤️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down this week finally!! 2.6 pounds which was mostly water..... so rolling my ankles when I walk also will help me.

Have today off I know not everyone does (especially those in retail). Living Room still a madhouse, but almost done with project and will move things back today.

Quiet day, roasted Vegetables and frozen pizza in freezer if it comes to it.

Lana - love Dawn taking care of Aunt Lana!!

Back for more sleep. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Good morning All~~

*tossing beach bag and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

252.8 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • frenchfancy2014
    LanaCabana - Sounds decadent - enjoy❤️
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Labor Day!!! It was certainly a busy day for me, friend of mine gave me a ton of bricks for the new fire pit so that was a good workout just moving the bricks but then getting the area ready was another. Had to stop because it started raining and thundering. Looking forward to seeing the end results.

Second jobs orientation went great! I will be training for the next couple of weeks. It’s going to be a busy season but will be worth it. Especially since I’ll be working at one of my favorite stores.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Here’s some pics from start to now:

129b6xvcwh9l.jpeg
    lv2i2hu0t72n.jpeg
    ek9u8tuusbxx.jpeg
    g3rgqi3jwffh.jpeg
    8hu0nt0699v5.jpeg
    jg3knu43bg4o.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Living room back in better order and dogs things are back in place...... which is paramount.

Missy, what will you use the fire pit for? Amazing how heavy things are when we are the ones that have to move them. Good for you, is it finished? I am thinking not - can you update us when it is?? Smart to stop in Thunder/Lightning- some people dont pay attention.

More online "tv" then calling it a night.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good evening,

Living room back in better order and dogs things are back in place...... which is paramount.

Missy, what will you use the fire pit for? Amazing how heavy things are when we are the ones that have to move them. Good for you, is it finished? I am thinking not - can you update us when it is?? Smart to stop in Thunder/Lightning- some people dont pay attention.

More online "tv" then calling it a night.

It’s going to be for camp fires, roasting S’mores, etc... oh and those bricks are heavy. No it’s not done yet. When it’s finished I’ll be posting pictures. The one that was there was rusting and falling apart.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Gem wolf - wow that looks quite a workout!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Yes, up early. Just is. Will go back and get more sleep.

Sent message to apartment manager, could she speak to gardeners as to why they are not trimming anything in front of my apartment? I am thinking my "delightful" neighbor had words with them, but it looks overgrown and I dont understand.

Weight is peeling off of me - gee change in stress?? Hmmm. I finally saw something under the decade I have not seen in weeks. Eating better drinking more water and less stress - who would have thought?

Lurking from work ( :s:p:'( )

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Yes, up early. Just is. Will go back and get more sleep.

Sent message to apartment manager, could she speak to gardeners as to why they are not trimming anything in front of my apartment? I am thinking my "delightful" neighbor had words with them, but it looks overgrown and I dont understand.

Weight is peeling off of me - gee change in stress?? Hmmm. I finally saw something under the decade I have not seen in weeks. Eating better drinking more water and less stress - who would have thought?

Lurking from work ( :s:p:'( )

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    Good morning Sara ~~

Waves to all who stop by later on.

I must dash - I have an appointment this morning......

*tossing sunglasses and library book onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

252.8 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal