What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Beachbody 21 Day Fix - Total Body Cardio and 10 minute abs!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    60 minutes cycling in a neoprene jumpsuit

Why in a neoprene jumpsuit? That seems like a recipe for overheating.

Edit: I can promise you that that jumpsuit won't make you burn more calories - just search through the many many threads on calculating calories burned on a bike. You could also google something along the lines of "cycling power meter calories" (without the quotes).
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    9/4/2019 - mid-afternoon at hotel gym, 107F degrees outside.

#1 - overhead press R x 5 + hand-to-hand swing x 15 + overhead press L x 5 equals one round every 1:30 using 16kg KB (heaviest there was) - completed 20 rounds in 29:23 - average HR = 116 bpm (64 percent) maximum HR = 136 bpm (76 percent) total 208 calories.

#2 - Treadmill 1 percent incline 3:00 walking warmup at 4.0 mph - 0.25 mile run and 1:00 walking recovery at 4.0 mph 4 rounds mph speed 7.5, 7.7, 7.9 and 8.1 - total (not counting 3:00 warmup) 1.28 miles in 12:38 - average HR = 148 bpm (82 percent) maximum HR = 169 bpm (94 percent) total 133 calories.

Later - in the swimming pool with two little grandsons.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    20 minutes track walking, 30 minutes water calesthenics, 20 minutes water pedaling.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Last night a 60min Yoga/Pilates-like class, then an hour of Zumba to top it off ;)

Tonight will be Power (a 60min weights class) then a core class I'm instructing (30min).

I really admire those who do their own workouts and stick with it. I'd find myself getting bored quickly without a group atmosphere.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    bdonu8knkeps.jpeg

🏃🏼‍♀️
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    nicnz wrote: »
    Last night a 60min Yoga/Pilates-like class, then an hour of Zumba to top it off ;)

Tonight will be Power (a 60min weights class) then a core class I'm instructing (30min).

I really admire those who do their own workouts and stick with it. I'd find myself getting bored quickly without a group atmosphere.

I avoid group settings because the pressure (real or imagined) of trying to keep up with others is just no good for me. I am easily distracted. Exercising by myself allows me to let my thoughts wonder while without affecting what I do. I am also in a setting where is activity and windows to look out of. That takes care of boredom at least for me. I am in a groove now and it's gonna take a lot to knock me out of it; and I like it!
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Circuit 1
    Front squat - 2 sets 10 reps at 95 (warm up) & 6 sets 10 reps @ 155 (working)
    Pull-ups - 2 sets 8 reps unweighted (warm up) & weighted 6 sets of 8 w/15 lb KB (working)

Circuit 2
    Bulgarians - 4 sets 10 reps w/25 lb DBs
    One arm rows - 4 sets 15 reps w/35 lb KB
    One arm shoulder press - 4 sets 10 reps w/35 lb DB

2 min rest b/t circuits
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Yesterday: Barre Fit class, 45 mins.

I’m running into a problem with logging, though; it turns out I gauge how hardcore a class is by how much effort it takes, but as I’m pretty fit these days I’m not getting sweaty and out of breath at most things anymore...

(Also, should I ‘count’ my morning physio? It takes over 15 mins and involves glute bridges with my feet on a bench...)

You seem really fit based on the long hikes you take. Entirely up to you to count it! Glute bridges are great exercise.

I find that same thing now with exercise classes. When I started losing weight, I was (by far) the worst one in the class. Now, 10 years later, most don't challenge me enough to attend. I'd have to join CrossFit to challenge me and I'm not paying that much to have someone push me. I can do it myself and save $150 to $200 a month!

@ Aoyoke - I was kind of chuckling at you having to do that 5K TT this Winter. I detest those. Got back from vacation and checked out the ITC (Interclub Challenge) and the CTC (Cross Team Challenge) and the ITC this month is a 5K TT. What fun! Karma.

Thankyou! Training for 24 hours of hiking for charity on the 14th/15th; I don't want to be the slow person who holds everyone else up :)

I think I won't bother counting my physio; it's not going to burn that many calories, and I don't really track my strength work separately. I'll just try to remember that there's a reason my hamstrings feel tired :)
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Leg day:

Squats (KG x reps):
    105 x 6
    92.5 x 8
    85 x 10

Romanian Deadlifts:
    115 x 6
    102.5 x 8
    100 x 10

Reverse lunge (dumbells - 1 in each hand)
    18 x 8
    16 x 10

Calf press on leg press
    150 x 20
    200 x 15
    230 x 16

hanging knee raise with 24KG dumbell
    3 sets of 12

All fasted and no food till lunch time (worked out at 6 am - 7:30ish)

• Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well it's active rest day for me, but it's only 2:30am here, so I won't be leaving for another 4 hours or so. I'm going to take my dog for a walk & then when I get back do a bit of yoga.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    9/5
    am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (9 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Meditate

pm
    Yoga
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 10 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jumprope - 3min on 1min off x 6 (18 min)
    Skills
    Handstand kick-ups for balance 5 x 5
    Specificity
    Compression Drills 3 x 10

• Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    45 mins Step- Up with Jenny Ford ( on YouTube) and sweat buckets!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Almost 13km in an 8 - we turned around really early and went by in the other direction in search of nicer water (which was found!). I did lots of work on squaring my blade early which was rewarded by my being able to do so consistently during the last two of our three 10 min pieces and most of the first 10 min piece as well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    Just another spin class.

I felt like I was having trouble getting my heart rate to go up and stay up - does that every happen to others? I'm never sure whether it's laziness, temporary leg insufficiency, an unearned random brief gift from the CV fitness gods, or some of all of the above. Regardless, I ended up with about the usual HR zone totals, Garmin says around 60% Z3, 11% Z4, 17% Z2, plus 12% Z1 during the warm-up and cool-down/stretch. It'll do, I guess, for something with very limited arms/body participation.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just another spin class.

I felt like I was having trouble getting my heart rate to go up and stay up - does that every happen to others? I'm never sure whether it's laziness, temporary leg insufficiency, an unearned random brief gift from the CV fitness gods, or some of all of the above. Regardless, I ended up with about the usual HR zone totals, Garmin says around 60% Z3, 11% Z4, 17% Z2, plus 12% Z1 during the warm-up and cool-down/stretch. It'll do, I guess, for something with very limited arms/body participation.

From doing so much Rowing and (Assault) Biking back to back, I can tell you I feel incredibly challenged to keep my HR in a low enough zone when I'm rowing. Like you, though, I also find it much harder -- even on an Assault Bike, which is like going uphill on a bike with arms involved -- to even get my HR up and keep it up. I find that standing runs help to elevate it and keep it elevated but many time I simply have to increase the RRMs just to keep it up, which you can't do on your own in Spinning typically. All you can do is up the resistance if you're Rhythm riding.

I love Spinning (did it 3 or 4 times a week for many years and even owned a Spinner) but compared to rowing it's easy stuff. I'm preaching to the choir though.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just another spin class.

I find it stupidly hard to get my hr up and keep it there for anything other than running (and even then its normally around 140-150 which strava says is tempo). My trainer works me like a dog when we do hr training.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a few days because we were on a mini vacation visiting my BIL in North Carolina. On Saturday I did a 20 mile long run before heading out of town. Sunday was 5 trail miles and then kayaking. Monday was 3.5 trail miles and then a hike up to the top of "Hanging Rock". Tuesday was 7.5 miles with 5 of them at tempo pace and some yoga, then yesterday was 6.4 easy miles before driving home. Today is an 8 mile run with some speed work embedded in there but I haven't decided just what that will be yet. Our dog has been in the kennel so I have not gotten in any additional "dog walks". Can't wait to pick her up after work!

Here is a photo of me and my husband from our hike on Monday.
    qaaehrw7ge6p.jpg
  • getto80kg
    getto80kg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10 mins bike 100 cals
    4 mins rower 1000metres
    6 mins cross trainer 1 min 70 rpm 1 min 45 rpm (for 6 mins alternating)
    Then weights bench, etc... 30-40 mins
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    BodyPump :)

(Plus the three mile round trip to get to the gym on top of the hill, obviously... sigh...)