The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    pilotress wrote: »
    Has anyone tried fasting? My yo-yo eating is getting the best of me lately. Have read list of studies on it but looking for people who have tried is also. :-)

I'm curious about it, too! Thinking of doing intermittent fasting but I've read a lot of good things about slightly more disciplined fasts from people who have lost a lot of weight in some of the weight loss subreddits. Apparently there are healthy ways of doing it.

Everyone swears by IF these days so I'll probably give that a try, though that's prob not what you meant?

I dont feel right about fasting for long periods of time....I dont see how feeling tired and groggy is good for you or your body
    BUT I have been IF for a while now...I am a bit of an emotional binge eater so having a strict hard lime stop and start time works for me
    I eat from about 8-2/3...it works for me and I'm not at all hungry in the evenings
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,154 Member
    Hi, all! I am "pushing 50" and trying to maintain the health that I found a few years ago. I have lost and found the same 50lbs three times, but REFUSE to find it again!!! I feel better now than I did in my early 40s and trying to follow the advice of folks who didn't take care of themselves and are struggling later in life. I am Kristen from Pittsburgh and looking for "friends" to be accountability partners - so many come and go on this app (including me a few years ago) and I have learned that you really do need a community of like-minded individuals to make this trip worthwhile!

Welcome! Have sent you a friend invite x
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,154 Member
    Has anyone tried fasting? My yo-yo eating is getting the best of me lately. Have read list of studies on it but looking for people who have tried is also. :-)

I did the 5:2 for a few months, I did lose some weight but no more than I would from calorie counting. I found I had to plan my whole week around the fasting days, so it got annoying long term.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I'm a bored middle ager. I'm sitting here in limbo. The bags are packed, just need hubs to get home so we can head to the airport and start our weekend in Edmonton. It's a glamour filled life i lead. Please don't be jealous
  • marescatrey0616
    marescatrey0616 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi, all! I am "pushing 50" and trying to maintain the health that I found a few years ago. I have lost and found the same 50lbs three times, but REFUSE to find it again!!! I feel better now than I did in my early 40s and trying to follow the advice of folks who didn't take care of themselves and are struggling later in life. I am Kristen from Pittsburgh and looking for "friends" to be accountability partners - so many come and go on this app (including me a few years ago) and I have learned that you really do need a community of like-minded individuals to make this trip worthwhile!

Welcome! Have sent you a friend invite x

Keep at it, dedication to logging and exercise is a lifestyle change. This is my first time through this metamorphosis but the results are undeniable and keep driving me forward. Welcome back.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Adding support buddies!
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2019
    Greetings my fellow middle ageless friends! I am learning to accept my own fitness level as I go. I am very proud to say I want to try other health/fitness activities such as bicycling, Zumba, or rock climbing. I have only done hiking, jogging, martial arts, and yoga and would like to keep an open mind and change things up again. I have put on weight and due to past injuries and thus have limits as to how far I can go. So I'm in for an adventure, and I am hoping others are as well. 😊
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Happy Friday 13th middle-agers! Hope no one's superstitious here!

tick tock tick tock is it weekend yet?
  • AliNouveau
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Friday the 13th and a full moon!

The moon looked full last night when we arrived at our destination. It will be spectacular tonight

As my son said it was a Super(b) moon
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

I did IF for about 6 months. I tend to overeat late at night - so I set a window from 2 pm to 10 pm. I learned the difference between real hunger and just eating because it was time/I was bored, etc. It was hard to me to overeat in that amount of time and helped me get a handle on eating the proper amounts of food.

Now I eat breakfast after early morning workouts on gym days. Other days I eat my first meal whenever I get hungry. Try it and see how it works for you.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Happy Sunday,

Weight loss has been slow but steady. BMI 21.6 this morning. I am heading out of state to a wedding on the 19th. Laughing that I’m going out for the bachelorette party.

I’m out of my food rut and creative in the kitchen lately. I’ve become that ridiculous person posting food photos. Worse things in life, right?

• SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Aaah that's brilliant, well done @Versicolour !

Happy ( :( ) Monday everyone! Feeling headachey today. Best get lots of coffee and water into me.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Morning all!

[rant]Work have updated our monitors. we have a 43 inch screen now. It is a revolting change - I switched mine off. We sit 1 foot from it. It seems to be an attempt to make us all go blind. My television is 24 inch, and I think that's too big, but I never watch it to overcome that problem. I really don't understand the modern push for giant screens everywhere.[\rant]
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Trying to get back into this! I was a regular a year ago and now starting back up! feel free tp add me.
  • AliNouveau
    Well here we are in Monday again. I thought I would be able to think straight and get my eating back on track after the 12yo's party but there are so many leftovers and nothing that is actually healthy.

Just to add the cake, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet (because a lot of effort went into this):
    8bmw00zpmpep.jpg

Nice what a fun cake
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Monday middle agers.
    I have a cold and feel cold. Getting a bug sucks. I'm going to take the hottest shower I can and hope this crud comes out. Have a great Monday