9/5: 6.25 miles
    9/8: 10.55 miles
    9/10: 6.25 miles
    9/11: 6.25 miles
    9/12: 6.26 miles
    9/15: 10.25 miles
    9/17: 6.55 miles

73.78/110 miles completed

I had a really great run this morning. I ran 6.55 miles. I wanted to keep on running, but I had to come home and get ready for work. I love runs like that. It was still hot and humid at 71°F, Feels like 71°F, Humidity 77%, Dew point 63°F, but somehow it didn't seem too bad. It is getting light later and later, but there was still a nice moon and so it was pretty bright outside even before the sun came up. I really got into the zone and just felt like I could run forever.

@mbaker566 I'm glad you and Speed Demon are healing and you got a chill new foster. I hope that they are able to get the other dog trained.

@shanaber Wow! 25 Half Marathons! That is really impressive!

@hamsterwheel Great race report! Congrats to you and to your husband on your races!

@zeesparrow I hope your foot heals up soon!

@rheddmobile Great race report! Congratulations to you and your husband on your AG wins!

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @teresa502 occasionally the HR monitor on most Garmin watches locks onto your cadence number instead of your actual heart rate. So an easy run for me should be about 115 bpm, but the Garmin bug showed my average HR at 172 (which was my average cadence for the run).

@hamsterwheel6 @katharmonic @teresa502 count me as a true Brooks Ghost fan! I have run in those for several years. Have tried other (Glycerins, Adrenaline, Launch), but always come back to Ghost.

I see. I only have the Forerunner 220 with basic functions. It doesn't have a HR monitor. It would be nice to have a more advanced version but I'm one of those people who don't replace things until they are completely useless! I'm just a casual runner so it serves my purpose well although my band is starting to show signs of breaking....

@Teresa502 the Forerunner 220 does have the HR function *if* you pair it with a Garmin HR strap. That model sold with the HR strap as an option. My FR 305 came with a strap and I used that same strap on my FR 220 and my FR 230. The strap finally quit working and I bought a replacement for $25.

Thanks @7lenny7! I had no clue!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @teresa502 occasionally the HR monitor on most Garmin watches locks onto your cadence number instead of your actual heart rate. So an easy run for me should be about 115 bpm, but the Garmin bug showed my average HR at 172 (which was my average cadence for the run).

@hamsterwheel6 @katharmonic @teresa502 count me as a true Brooks Ghost fan! I have run in those for several years. Have tried other (Glycerins, Adrenaline, Launch), but always come back to Ghost.

I see. I only have the Forerunner 220 with basic functions. It doesn't have a HR monitor. It would be nice to have a more advanced version but I'm one of those people who don't replace things until they are completely useless! I'm just a casual runner so it serves my purpose well although my band is starting to show signs of breaking....

@Teresa502 the Forerunner 220 does have the HR function *if* you pair it with a Garmin HR strap. That model sold with the HR strap as an option. My FR 305 came with a strap and I used that same strap on my FR 220 and my FR 230. The strap finally quit working and I bought a replacement for $25.

Thanks @7lenny7! I had no clue!

I could explain how to do it and probably make it confusing, but instead I'll point you to this video which does a really nice job

https://youtu.be/zatAwX-ceWw

And here's the strap I bought. I must have caught it on sale because it's $40 now. Note that this is the old, no longer made strap. I was looking for the cheapest option and at $25, this was it. At $40 I'd have to look at the newer model.

https://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/products/garmin-hrmtransmitter
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Was supposed to run 4 miles this morning. For some reason had the worst insomnia last night and I have no idea when I finally fell asleep but I know it was in the wee hours of the morning. Then as soon as I did finally fall asleep, my husband kept stealing the blanket, waking me up each time. I wanted to smack the heck out of him (or at least give him a good kick) but I was simply...too tired to. I have come to realize that I do myself no favors if I run after a really poor night's sleep. My heart just feels over-strained so I'm taking an unplanned rest day. Does anyone else ever get that over taxed feeling in your heart if you run after not really sleeping the day before? I HATE not running but I did kind of skip my rest day this week...

Ug, I have not have that over-taxed feeling, but I have had to deal with insomnia and a disruptive sleep partner - in my case, snoring. I've started moving to our guest bedroom when I know that I really need not to be woken up, or asking my husband to sleep there if he's up much later than me so he doesn't wake me up when he comes to bed. It's been a game-changer and I highly recommend if you have the space.
  • Teresa502
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7! I actually have a strap and heart rate watch but I haven't used it in several years. It's a Polar brand.
  • Teresa502
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your husband on a great race @rheddmobile !
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congrats to both of you! Love the report.

PS. Mu husband did the 5 miler at the HM I just did - He hasn't run in years, but decided to do because of the cause and walked/ran it and came in 3rd for his age group. We won't mention that there were only 4 in his age group and the first was an elite so - he didn't count. Sshh.
    I'm just thrilled he did it and finished. Made him feel pretty good too.

Hey, he can't control how many people in his age group show up to race.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Wow! That was a great race report! I cannot even begin to imagine running something like that. Well done! Thanks for writing it up for us.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Wow! That was a great race report! I cannot even begin to imagine running something like that. Well done! Thanks for writing it up for us.

I agree!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options

Yes! That was a very good novel...ooops, I mean race report 😁 Congrats again on finishing that unbelievable, Herculean race!!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7! I actually have a strap and heart rate watch but I haven't used it in several years. It's a Polar brand.
    @Teresa502 - You may very well be able to synch your Polar strap to the Garmin watch. Many/most watches will support OEM HR monitors. It really depends on how old the HR monitor is. If it is bluetooth enabled (Polar H10) it will likely work but if it is older than that it probably won't.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Not polished, but here's my basic RR for Superior, along with an open invitation for anyone who has any questions on the race, 100 mile racing, etc... https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10764948/superior-rr-and-q-a/p1?new=1

Wow. That’s all I have.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Amazing race report!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Yes! That was a very good novel...ooops, I mean race report 😁 Congrats again on finishing that unbelievable, Herculean race!!!!

haha. just wait until next year, for a REALLY big RR
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options

Not polished, but here's my basic RR for Superior, along with an open invitation for anyone who has any questions on the race, 100 mile racing, etc... https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10764948/superior-rr-and-q-a/p1?new=1

Wow. That’s all I have.

Ditto. Can't imagine doing that run, let alone the upcoming 200 miler!

@marisap2010 Hope you are feeling better today!