What's on your mind?

Replies

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Should I nap or have another coffee and get some stuff done.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

I know what I'd choose
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

I know what I'd choose

You’d so totally choose the nap.

Am I right?
  • Reckoner68

I know what I'd choose

Am I right?

Heck
    yes
    !!!!!!!!
  • CoffeeAndContour

I know what I'd choose

Am I right?

Heck
    yes
    !!!!!!!!

That’s where I’m leaning as well. I was up all night dealing with our foster sons nightmares. Then when I finally fell back to sleep I dreamt we all died in a tsunami. Makes no practical sense for where we live but hey. Anywho now I’m dead tired, but I have a never ending to do list for the day :(

• Reckoner68

I know what I'd choose

Am I right?

Heck
    yes
    !!!!!!!!

That’s where I’m leaning as well. I was up all night dealing with our foster sons nightmares. Then when I finally fell back to sleep I dreamt we all died in a tsunami. Makes no practical sense for where we live but hey. Anywho now I’m dead tired, but I have a never ending to do list for the day :(

Knock off the easiest stuff from your to-do list, then take a nap, so when you wake up you'll be more refreshed and ready to tackle the stuff that requires more energy
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

It's 9:30am!! :D
  • Reckoner68
    How many layoffs a year do I suffer before I tell them to bite me?

Use the lay-off time to look for something else—that way if you find something new, great! And if not? You’ll still have something to go back to. Can’t hurt to try, right?
  • CoffeeAndContour

I'd sign up for the coffee - nap's give me headaches so I cannot take them anyway. I'd donate my nap time if it were a possibility.
    1sphere wrote: »
    get stuff done, you might feel the best :)

I chose the coffee! Once it kicks in i’ll get it all done and then nap!
  • CoffeeAndContour

It's 9:30am!! :D

Hey it’s 9:30pm somewhere.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

Use the lay-off time to look for something else—that way if you find something new, great! And if not? You’ll still have something to go back to. Can’t hurt to try, right?

This. Or use the time to promote your skills and pick up some side jobs. Or learn a new side gig, like flipping stuff online, I have recently picked this up and honestly it is going quite well. Well enough that I hope to give up my 2nd job by the end of the year and focus more on flipping.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    The only thing that's keeping some of my employees at work is the fact that they won't get paid on voluntary furlough.
  • CoffeeAndContour

They really don’t deserve you. You consistently have bent over backwards for them and they repay you like this?

I really hope you find something.

You know where’s there’s a surplus of jobs?
    Hamilton.

Let’s be neighbours!
  • Deadman_Diggingup

They really don’t deserve you. You consistently have bent over backwards for them and they repay you like this?

I really hope you find something.

You know where’s there’s a surplus of jobs?
    Hamilton.

Let’s be neighbours!

I'll start convincing the wife immediately :D
  • Deadman_Diggingup

This. Or use the time to promote your skills and pick up some side jobs. Or learn a new side gig, like flipping stuff online, I have recently picked this up and honestly it is going quite well. Well enough that I hope to give up my 2nd job by the end of the year and focus more on flipping.

I really like that idea. After I read this about you the other day (and from following Gary Vaynerchuk on IG) I found myself at a thrift store with the thought of flipping on my mind.
  • Deadman_Diggingup

Thank you. I do. I have for what feels like twice a week since the day I started this job, lol.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited September 2019

I really like that idea. After I read this about you the other day (and from following Gary Vaynerchuk on IG) I found myself at a thrift store with the thought of flipping on my mind.

I love it! There really is money to be made. Start following flipping groups on FB, listen to podcasts, Youtube videos. Do some research, I researched for about 3 months, I was really scared to start but it has paid off big time. I love doing it and it's easier than I ever thought it would be.

eta: you just never know what you could find, I bought 12 original My Little Ponies last week at a garage sale for $5. I took a bit of a gamble buying but figured at worst my 10 year old would end up with some ponies just like I had when I was 10. Last night I got around to cleaning them and researching, just one of them is super rare and will go for $80 by itself. The rest will bring in another $200ish when they sell. Going home tonight to get them all listed.