What's on your mind?

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    How many layoffs a year do I suffer before I tell them to bite me?

Use the lay-off time to look for something else—that way if you find something new, great! And if not? You’ll still have something to go back to. Can’t hurt to try, right?

This. Or use the time to promote your skills and pick up some side jobs. Or learn a new side gig, like flipping stuff online, I have recently picked this up and honestly it is going quite well. Well enough that I hope to give up my 2nd job by the end of the year and focus more on flipping.

I really like that idea. After I read this about you the other day (and from following Gary Vaynerchuk on IG) I found myself at a thrift store with the thought of flipping on my mind.

I love it! There really is money to be made. Start following flipping groups on FB, listen to podcasts, Youtube videos. Do some research, I researched for about 3 months, I was really scared to start but it has paid off big time. I love doing it and it's easier than I ever thought it would be.

Great suggestions! Thank you. I will be doing that today :)
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

Use the lay-off time to look for something else—that way if you find something new, great! And if not? You’ll still have something to go back to. Can’t hurt to try, right?

This. Or use the time to promote your skills and pick up some side jobs. Or learn a new side gig, like flipping stuff online, I have recently picked this up and honestly it is going quite well. Well enough that I hope to give up my 2nd job by the end of the year and focus more on flipping.

Garage sales - estate sales and auctions - are glorious
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Yes they are! I am addicted to going to them and have apps downloaded to plan out my Friday afternoons and Sundays when I am not working already!
  • RunHardBeStrong

Yes they are! I am addicted to going to them and have apps downloaded to plan out my Friday afternoons and Sundays when I am not working already!

Quoted to add most anything will sell, research it a bit before buying if you can or trust you gut, I trusted my guy at an estate sale last week and picked up this ugly *kitten* vintage fieldmaster trucker style hat that appeared to have never been worn for $1. Listed it Sunday night and had 4 offers in 5 minutes, someone else swooped in and bought it at full asking price before I could even counter those offers. $25 profit for about 10 minutes of work, every little bit adds up.

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

Quoted to add most anything will sell, research it a bit before buying if you can or trust you gut, I trusted my guy at an estate sale last week and picked up this ugly *kitten* vintage fieldmaster trucker style hat that appeared to have never been worn for $1. Listed it Sunday night and had 4 offers in 5 minutes, someone else swooped in and bought it at full asking price before I could even counter those offers. $25 profit for about 10 minutes of work, every little bit adds up.

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

:o WHAAATTT??!! I need to start this immediately.
  • RunHardBeStrong

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

:o WHAAATTT??!! I need to start this immediately.

Not everything sells that quickly but you really will be surprised at what sells. People love vintage shiznit. Like I said do some research.. you will be surprised!
  • RunHardBeStrong

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

I don't know what's wrong with me but at first glance I thought this was a cake

LOL now I want cake!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

I mean, there's a reason we're on mfp, right?
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

That’s awesome
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well that long list of to do’s I had today has been put on hold because of a twisted ankle :angry:

This is getting mentally tucked away for the next time I'm deciding between "nap" or "productivity"

I've never twisted my ankle while taking a nap.......!!!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Well that long list of to do’s I had today has been put on hold because of a twisted ankle :angry:

This is getting mentally tucked away for the next time I'm deciding between "nap" or "productivity"

There's always a first time, trust me...
  • RunHardBeStrong

Idk, I woke up yesterday with a really sore and swollen knee. Only thing I could think of is I did something to it in my sleep. Trust me, I've been a lazy piece of *kitten* lately, it wasn't from exercise.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

7v1uqa4xichn.jpg

It isn't wrong to be hungry for cake
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I think I might not nap hard enough
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    I think love or the idea of love just seems like a better option than loneliness for some - until that partner starts wearing on them and that infatuation feeling leaves then love sucks and they would rather be alone again - it’s a vicious cycle of this human condition yo 🤷‍♂️ we are a bit high maintenance I spose maybe

I would like to believe it only starts to suck if you are with the wrong person, but what do I know?
  • LiftingSpirits
    Why did Tacos Bell take away caramel apple empanadas?

They are jerks. This limited time only thing with nacho fries is infuriating
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

We have now bonded.
  • LiftingSpirits

We have now bonded.

Taco Bell brings people together ❤