WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Janetr OKC

Very elegant outfit. I hope the sinuses don’t cramp your style. So sorry to hear about your niece

@SuziQ113
    Introduction – I joined MFP at the end of August. My starting weight was 195 pounds and the scale read 179.2 pounds this morning. My ultimate weight goal is to weigh 155 pounds. I have been a get healthy every 10 years type of gal (35, 45, and 55). Every decade I get down to my ideal weight only to have to creep back up at the end of the decade and am finding it gets harder to motivate myself back to getting healthy mode. Over the past trials I have found once I stop logging my daily intake the weight starts to come back. I want an active retirement and in order to maintain personal happiness it is time for me to get back on track.
    I believe you hit the nail on the head there! I intend to keep logging when I reach maintenance, as I think it’s essential to my ‘new’ lifestyle.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Heather: You have the right attitude to be a successful traveler. You are good at making appropriate adjustments as necessary and finding something to appreciate and enjoy. I am delighted that you’re going to hear an ABBA tribute band. I went to a concert in college days and heard the original ABBA singers perform live and in person. They were fabulous! I’ve remembered the concert with fondness all these years. :heart: :star:

Machka: Sorry about your eye glasses woes. :flowerforyou: I love daylight savings time and wish we had it year round.

(((Amber in TX))): Be well soon! :heart:

Romwriter57: What a sweet pup! Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

Shelly: Welcome! :smiley:

Barbie: I’m delighted to hear that dear friends are back in your dancing group. :heart:

Barbara: I think DH is careless and impulsive, but not mean. He sometimes says things he shouldn’t. He has a tendency toward criticism. :ohwell:

Machka: We go back to standard time November 3. I will endure it. :ohwell:

Janetr: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You look fabulous. :smiley:

We have a foggy morning and it feels cozy to be inside. DH just saw the otter family heading upstream at high speed. We love those critters!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Went to the Hallmark Ornament debut where I was good – only had one Kiss, then to the post office, now home and we’ll cut the grass. Got dinner ready to be microwaved, and breakfast for tomorrow. Logged that. Before church I want to color my roots

M – forgive me – where is the snipping tool? Makes sense about logging into the future. Never thought of that! Lucky you gets DST.

NYKaren – get better fast

Janetr – happy anniversary Feel better fast HUBBA BUBBA … that outfit and you in it

Lisa – the previous owners (why, I don’t know) left a chimney (all bricks, so very heavy) on the land that’s under the power lines but we need to keep mowed. Anyway, we hooked that up to the tractor and pulled it to the back of the property. We trim our treeses every year, I’d like to drag the branches further into the woods behind our house just so next year I have room to put the branches we cut down

SuziQ – Vince’s company offers consulting for medicare, so that’s who I have the appt with on the 18th. Not that I’m really looking forward to it but it has to be done. I do the same thing – check out others diaries for something new to have for meals (especially breakfast)

Had to run buy gas..now to go cut grass (funsville)

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,235 Member
    Options
    Hallo everyone. <3
    Off in a moment to some ballroom dancing before dinner. DH is really gaining confidence. :(
    Oslo is great. We took the Metro to the Munch museum this morning and loved it. They are building a new one on the waterfront because of all the tourists wanting to see THE SCREAM. We got there early, so were just ahead of the Japanese. :open_mouth:
    After that we came back via the new Opera House, worth a Google. We walked up the slopes to see the view from the roof. What an amazing building!
    This afternoon we went to the huge castle, next to where we are moored. An excellent museum devoted to the Norwegian Resistance.
    Tomorrow morning we are going to a huge sculpture park, by Metro. All by Vigeland, who I had never heard of before. The park is a must see.
    Slept better last night. Still finding it hard to walk all day. Hips hurt. But I can still dance in the evening.

To the cancer lady - don't be too hard on yourself. I was OK for the first couple of sessions, but after that I really couldn't do much at all. That's fine. Chemo is tough. You will have plenty of time to exercise another day. We are not superhuman.

Much love to all, Heather UK XXXXXX still in Oslo.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather I always am thrilled with your pictures. I try to jump right into them and pretend I'm there. Thank you for sharing <3

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Carol in GA: I’d be upset with my DH if I caught him smoking, too. That did happen early in our marriage. I caught him in the act and threw a hissy fit. It has been decades since he smoked his last cigarette. I had parents who were rude and abusive chain smokers. They smoked in the homes of non-smoking relatives and dropped their ashes where ever they fell. I saw dad drop ashes into my auntie’s aquarium. They chain smoked while driving in the car and yelled at me if I rolled a window down. I am still a bit angry even though they’ve both been gone for many years. :ohwell:

Heather: I love the photo of your cruiseship. The merchant’s house is a mansion. I gather he was VERY successful. :bigsmile:

Lenora: YAY!! How wonderful to see your post! Stop by whenever you can. :flowerforyou:

We’ve had fun watching the river otters swimming back and forth this morning. DH saw three and I only saw two.

I fly to see DD and her family in four days. I’m a bit nervous about it and will likely worry about it until I get to the airport next Wednesday. I have flown alone in the past so I’ll summon my inner courage and go. DH will drop me off at the airport and I’ll be on my own from there. I’ve decided not to bring my computer along, so I’ll be counting calories on my phone and posting to the list serve. Maybe I’ll figure out how to post to the group, too, but I"m not counting on it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Lenora good to see you post.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Stress city! So I had to go to Wal-Mart. I needed new slippers, underwear, and socks. So I go and pick slippers, two pair for $9, not bad. I go to the briefs section and its first what size am I in that brand, what style do I want, what price bundles do I want to pay, what kind of fabric will behave nicely with my LS, its just too much. My husband left me alone, while he went and got a floor mat. Then he came back, I was still fussing. I finally picked out socks, and said I was just overwhelmed with it all. Have I told you I hate shopping?😟
    💖Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) A good friend of mine says that looking for empathy from your husband is like going to the hardware store looking for lemonade

EXACTLY!! My DH for sure!

RvRita

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-I enjoy a lot of shopping, but not underwear! Figuring out fit is impossible and no way of trying them on. I have spent an hour trying to pick some out.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Auntiebk- Merri is a Welsh Terrier. I think she is gorgeous, but then again, I'm a wee tad biased.

Mia in MI