WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options

janetr7476 wrote: »
    A quote my daughter sent me the other day, "Our lives move in the direction of our strongest thought".

Janetr OKC

Wow, Janet that is a powerful quote! Sometimes I feel bombarded from negative conversations from folks at work, and it pulls me down. This quote reminds me to keep my strong and positive affirmations front and center—thank you for sharing this!

I’m Feeling better after a total “couch day”. My routine for sore throat is saline spray, salt water Gargle every half hour, Tylenol, hot tea and hot chicken broth. Seems to have cut the pain by around 75% Actually feel like walking with bff this am but will take the rest of the day to follow this routine Zicam actually works but I’ve heard it can lower your ability to smell(!) if overused (!).

NYKAREN

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,199 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Machka: survey completed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! Much appreciated!!

I have this survey in a few different locations so I'm not sure who is responding with what ... which is good ... but I'm getting some great answers. Definitely some concepts for me to think about and talk about in my assignment.

My apologies if the survey isn't really well set up ... it was my first time with Survey Monkey and I found Survey Monkey almost too helpful. Automatic things were popping up all over the place ... many of which I didn't want!! Learning experience.

Machka in Oz
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr - You look fantastic!

6zhl3aazw03n.gif

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

Thanks so much to you and kettlebells. <3

Janetr
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Machka:
    Done! Sounds like a great class. I would really enjoy that.

JanetrOKC:
    That is a great quote and so true!

Talking about smoking. At the music festival, I am amazed at how many people smoke. We just kept trying to move, but it was hard to escape. What I noticed was how cigarettes/marijuana was the choice of the "adults" in the room but vaping (nicotine/thc) was the choice for the young'uns. And that is what is so scary! I saw a kid...maybe 5 foot tall and looked like he was maybe 12. He was with a cute 12 yr old looking girl dressed pretty scantily and there both vaped constantly during the Billy Eilish show. Sad. Glad that my kids are grown up and I don't have to worry what my 12 year old is doing.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - thanks for the pics! Still living vicariously through you and your hubby! :smiley:

Machka - according to what Microsoft Office version you're working with, you may have access to Microsoft Forms (https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx#), which has what I think is a better interface than Survey Monkey, and fewer, but still good choices. Their branching function is much more intuitive (to me), and it can be shared with anyone you send the link to. I also like the way you get the results back better.

For those who are interested, "branching" is when you can vary the next question the person sees according to how the person answers the current question. That way, the survey can be made to appear even shorter.

Back from the gym, hubby's out watering his fruit trees, as he doesn't trust the forecast for rain.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Those cookies are really cute! :) I looked at your menu and just wonder, "How do you eat 1/4 c of popcorn?" There's no way I could do that. :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
    thanks katla!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Katla – I’m sure the Prolia is more expensive than the Actonel. I just hope because the Actonel goes thru the digestive tract first that it’s as effective.

Everyone – thank KJ for the idea of the owl cookies!

Boy, I am hot!

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I play Pogo Scrabble online and I can't win a game today no matter how many times I play... :#
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Smoking I smoked about 10 years, quit for about 3, started up again in March when my FIL was dying. I stopped about a month ago, but started again (1 cig a day) about a week ago. Hoping to quit again when this pack is gone. It's really hard. I don't smoke around others or in the house, and I do my best to hide it from everyone. I don't inhale much because I have asthma...but I still love the habit (hate the taste and smell).

Machka I filled out your survey, but am another who left blanks because I am retired.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rita It makes me sad to see you are still feeling so down. I wish I could do something to help! I have struggled with depression and anxiety most of my life, and would give anything to keep someone else from feeling those feelings! Lots of hugs coming your way!!