What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Makes me uncomfortable when my husband just watches me in the kitchen as I weigh everything right down to my coffee creamer, to my 14ml of gravy. If I'm going to have gravy, I'm going to get all 14ml of it.

I think I'm going to buy my aunt a zoo annual membership. Even if she only uses it once, I want her to have it if she ever wants to go. She's elderly, and doesn't have much money. She's pretty much the only mother I have left.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    🐱‍👤
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Well, it’s meaningless now

I find it difficult to believe he didn’t realize what would happen, I knew immediately.
  • gman7676
    gman7676 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    um...one thought I better keep to myself :o . Oh and the person presenting at the conference right now needs to do up his zipper
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I’ve had no appetite for 3 days, don’t ask me why but someone got mad and had a rant on me, it hurt even though it shouldn’t effect me .. anyway at night I start feeling a little better and manage to have maybe half a meal 🤷🏻‍♀️ I hope something good comes out of this, like I lose weight this week 🤣
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I think I might just have to accept being fat forever. :neutral:
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I’m sorry if this is too personal but do you have any type of hormonal imbalance?

I'm really relating to this. And it's beyond frustrating.

When I first started, I managed to lose 38 pounds. Slowly it's come back, even when I still do what I did then to lose it.
    I did a 90 day UFC fit challenge this summer and only lost 2 lbs, which I've gained back plus more.
    I think I might ask the doctor about checking my hormones, too. Good thinking.

I agree with a possible medical problem or some medication can cause weight issues.
    I have both problems , I’ve tried just about every kind of diet going and just healthy eating counting calories, I watched them work for others, but using keto diet is the only one that helped me to lose have and lots more energy even though I have more than half a dozen medical things and medication that make you gain weight 😉

I might have to seriously consider keto or some similar diet. I try to limit carbohydrates most days just because I don't feel full eating them. Protein/fat definitely powers my days better.

But, I wonder if I struggle so much because I have been overweight my entire life. I have never been below I wanna say 160 since I was a teenager. Set point and all that crap. Biology is weird and it sucks. :(

I'm no doctor, but I think every body is different and what is a miracle worker for one person may do nothing for another. For me, personally, upping my protein and drinking A LOT of water is one of the only things that seems to make a difference. Women's bodies react differently to stress and they tend to hold on to fat in the midsection. Guys who tell you that CICO or Keto or whatever else works don't understand that biologically our bodies are not the same. Female bodies also have to deal with monthly hormonal changes which impact our brains and our eating and our energy levels. Don't give up! You aren't fat, but if you still WANT to lose weight you just need to find what works best for your body! Good luck!
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Having to wait until 2021 to possibly get another season of Peaky Blinders.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I’m sorry if this is too personal but do you have any type of hormonal imbalance?

I'm really relating to this. And it's beyond frustrating.

When I first started, I managed to lose 38 pounds. Slowly it's come back, even when I still do what I did then to lose it.
    I did a 90 day UFC fit challenge this summer and only lost 2 lbs, which I've gained back plus more.
    I think I might ask the doctor about checking my hormones, too. Good thinking.

I agree with a possible medical problem or some medication can cause weight issues.
    I have both problems , I’ve tried just about every kind of diet going and just healthy eating counting calories, I watched them work for others, but using keto diet is the only one that helped me to lose have and lots more energy even though I have more than half a dozen medical things and medication that make you gain weight 😉

I might have to seriously consider keto or some similar diet. I try to limit carbohydrates most days just because I don't feel full eating them. Protein/fat definitely powers my days better.

But, I wonder if I struggle so much because I have been overweight my entire life. I have never been below I wanna say 160 since I was a teenager. Set point and all that crap. Biology is weird and it sucks. :(

I'm no doctor, but I think every body is different and what is a miracle worker for one person may do nothing for another. For me, personally, upping my protein and drinking A LOT of water is one of the only things that seems to make a difference. Women's bodies react differently to stress and they tend to hold on to fat in the midsection. Guys who tell you that CICO or Keto or whatever else works don't understand that biologically our bodies are not the same. Female bodies also have to deal with monthly hormonal changes which impact our brains and our eating and our energy levels. Don't give up! You aren't fat, but if you still WANT to lose weight you just need to find what works best for your body! Good luck!

So, posts like this are why I hang out here instead of in the other forums here. Y'all are uplifting, inspiring, snarky and not afraid to dish *kitten* when it needs dishing. But can take it with the best of em'.

Thank you, Chit-Chat. :heart:
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My cat somehow made my youtube videos repeat and I don't know how to make it stop.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    My cat somehow made my youtube videos repeat and I don't know how to make it stop.

One time my friend's messaging app broke so EVERY time I'd send him a message it would start playing a cover of "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" by Yngwie Malmsteen. As soon as he made the mistake of telling me this, I made sure to message him with something new every 5-10 minutes throughout the day. The glory didn't last super long though, he factory reset his phone to escape it and that fixed it forever.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I bet she's a good dancer.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I'm quiet and aloof in daily life, but I'm absolutely insane on the inside

Most of us are homie
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I am so happy for my partner who just got my dream job, even though I have been working twice as hard as her this whole time. So so happy!

tenor.gif
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Who wants to be my most important meal of the day?
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Watching my parent's obese cat chase a squirrel is how I imagine it would go down if I chased Usain Bolt.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Watching my parent's obese cat chase a squirrel is how I imagine it would go down if I chased Usain Bolt.

The trick is to wait at the finish line.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »

The trick is to wait at the finish line.

Noted. I'll tell the cat to wait at the foot of the tree.