What's on your mind?

Replies

• cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Haloween costumes for my kids

A theme, like their fave characters from Nightmare Before Christmas or Hocus Pocus or Star Wars....
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

A theme, like their fave characters from Nightmare Before Christmas or Hocus Pocus or Star Wars....

Scooby doo cast ??
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I think I might just have to accept being fat forever. :neutral:
    I give up. I've been at this for two years and even with consistent weighing, logging, and staying within my limits (even after numerous adjustments to said limits), I can only maintain my weight, never cut it down past 200.

I think I might just have to accept being fat forever. :neutral:

I’m sorry if this is too personal but do you have any type of hormonal imbalance?

I'm really relating to this. And it's beyond frustrating.

When I first started, I managed to lose 38 pounds. Slowly it's come back, even when I still do what I did then to lose it.
    I did a 90 day UFC fit challenge this summer and only lost 2 lbs, which I've gained back plus more.
    I think I might ask the doctor about checking my hormones, too. Good thinking.

I agree with a possible medical problem or some medication can cause weight issues.
    I have both problems , I’ve tried just about every kind of diet going and just healthy eating counting calories, I watched them work for others, but using keto diet is the only one that helped me to lose have and lots more energy even though I have more than half a dozen medical things and medication that make you gain weight 😉

I might have to seriously consider keto or some similar diet. I try to limit carbohydrates most days just because I don't feel full eating them. Protein/fat definitely powers my days better.

But, I wonder if I struggle so much because I have been overweight my entire life. I have never been below I wanna say 160 since I was a teenager. Set point and all that crap. Biology is weird and it sucks. :(

I'm no doctor, but I think every body is different and what is a miracle worker for one person may do nothing for another. For me, personally, upping my protein and drinking A LOT of water is one of the only things that seems to make a difference. Women's bodies react differently to stress and they tend to hold on to fat in the midsection. Guys who tell you that CICO or Keto or whatever else works don't understand that biologically our bodies are not the same. Female bodies also have to deal with monthly hormonal changes which impact our brains and our eating and our energy levels. Don't give up! You aren't fat, but if you still WANT to lose weight you just need to find what works best for your body! Good luck!

So, posts like this are why I hang out here instead of in the other forums here. Y'all are uplifting, inspiring, snarky and not afraid to dish *kitten* when it needs dishing. But can take it with the best of em'.

Thank you, Chit-Chat. :heart:

<3<3<3
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

Scooby doo cast ??

I call Scrappy Doo
  • Cowsfan1

Scooby doo cast ??

I call Scrappy Doo

I call shaggy
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member

Scooby doo cast ??

I call Scrappy Doo

I call shaggy

That's Boombastic!
  • Cowsfan1
    s131951 wrote: »

Scooby doo cast ??

I call Scrappy Doo

I call shaggy

That's Boombastic!

Simply fantastic
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    What if Batman Begins was actually the sequel to American Psycho?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Watching my parent's obese cat chase a squirrel is how I imagine it would go down if I chased Usain Bolt.

Oh the imagery. :laugh:
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Having to wait until 2021 to possibly get another season of Peaky Blinders.

😔

Is your name eat, pole, repeat? Or eat pole, repeat?

😂 correct first time

Darn I thought for a second we had something in common.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    What if Batman Begins was actually the sequel to American Psycho?

There isn't enough psycho in the world for the birth of that level of evil.
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    Hi need to do some meal prepping and it’s not far off midnight when I have nausea and no energy.. oh the joys! 🤢
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hi need to do some meal prepping and it’s not far off midnight when I have nausea and no energy.. oh the joys! 🤢

Morning sickness ? :D
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member

🤣 impossibility,my names not Mary! 😜
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

🤣 impossibility,my names not Mary! 😜

:laugh:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited October 2019
    8bhhwo7d2256.jpg

• CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    mfp keeps showing me womens compression garments and i'm kind of hurt that they have such little belief in me that i can do this.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    mfp keeps showing me womens compression garments and i'm kind of hurt that they have such little belief in me that i can do this.

How am I supposed to take it if they keep showing them to me, too??!?
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

They keep showing how to roll out my sore muscles and dance at the same time...how should I interrupt this.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

They keep showing how to roll out my sore muscles and dance at the same time...how should I interrupt this.

With great care and some trepidation if you’re as coordinated as I am