WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Happy Wednesday to you extraordinary group of ladies!💖
    Sent this message to the Ashland Moms group that I belong to on Facebook. Maybe they can help me out with more suggestions.

Long Rant!
    So here's the deal (ships name) Moms, I have a great OS sailor, but an awful communicator. My Chief of a husband contacted him last month with a message stating we need to hear from you, have you even gotten the box we sent you, no phone calls since April, this is not how we raised you, kind of message. Of course he gets right back in Messenger stating he's really, really sorry, no excuse for his past behavior. So I sent him a message stating glad he got the box and no reply. He actually hasn't responded to any of my texts since last May. I am thinking that because my son and his father are the same rate there's safeness there. And also because my husband doesn't interject as much emotion into texts its less taxing. I'm Mom so I am a walking, talking, texting emotional interjector!
    This past Sunday night, and Monday was hard. It was a sleepless night, messing with my nails for hours, then silently crying for the rest of the night. I miss him. I am also angry because this is not how I want to feel being a retired person. I just want to know he's fine, and my heart can rest a bit. My other two adult sons are great, and check in with us weekly. I am angry because though he might do a great job as a Sailor, his job as my son is waning. I'm thinking of sending him a padded envelope with cards addressed to home and say MAIL THESE EVERY MONTH. DO your part as my son. Just as you have a job as a Sailor, you also have a job and that's to be my son. Part of that job is checking in. I called last night at 8pm because its noon there, his phone is off. I called him at 1am because it would be 5pm there, his phone is not available at this time. Now, as a retired Chief's wife, I know the dangers of meddling, and making waves, so I would never do anything to embarrass him or get him into trouble. But hells bells I'm frustrated. Thoughts?

I'll see what comes of it. If anything its nice to release it. Maybe there will be another Mom who's sailor is an OS, and can casually instill the importance of communicating with his Momma.💖👍
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Rori-
    I feel for you my dear, here in Ct we have something called Connecticut community care for the eldery
    we did an intake with them it was about 2 hrs and went over financials and all.
    and it was a Godsend.. he went to Adult day care 5 days a week, they had rooms with different levels of dementia and had a hot meal daily, shower if needed, and entertainment , I took him the first time, for a couple hours and he loved it, that was transportation included.. had companion 4 hrs a day on ,Saterday and Sunday and meals on wheels(he hated that) and life alert which he hung on his walker.. also Occupational therapy once a week.. it was wonderful.. you could call 211 and see if maybe they have that in your area..
    then Mary contacts me in a panic,because our boss wants us to pay for transportation, hotel and all food while we are in N.Y.C. and he will reimburse us for hotel and transportation... I do not make enough or work enough hours to foot that bill and I told him so, and Mary is harrassing me saying I am going because I promised... Ugh
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    The shingles shot I got yesterday made me feel bad. Fever, headache, sleepy, soreness and just plain yucky!

Read pg . 28.

Laters Ladies

RvRita
  • grandmallie
    Options
    ok, so he will pay for hotel and train tickets but I did the leg work..
    Mary and I are going to visit the Ground Zero Museum,, after conference is over, neither of us has been, and the conference ends at 3 pm
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    ms744vidqogt.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Welcome back Cheryl, Cat!
    Dandi “my pillow over his face” LOL! Better indeed!
    Michele “Vince had shooting with the Newcomers” ? Skeet?? Heroin??? Annoying neighbors???
    Irish Terri popcorn, of course! Sounds good, plan to join you this afternoon, with cauliflower pizza and AF beer ;)
    Carol You are not alone! We too enjoy sweet potatoe pie, mince pie and I love fruit cake the kind rich with pecans and red, green and yellow candied fruit. Collins St Bakery in TX is best ;)
    Allie where I used to work, we could have our hotel billed directly to the company, or fill in a travel advance form. They'd give us a check to cover estimated expenses. When we got back, we'd submit receipts with an expense report and either return the unspent balance, or get a small check for whatever overage we had to cover ourselves. Good luck! Just read your update, good for you for standing up for the employees. Well done!

Surprise, guest not coming 'til the end of the month so no vacuuming today ;) BB&B wiped me out but will drag myself out to dog group this afternoon, Tumble really needs it. BB&B seems to be making a difference, I was showing a buddy one of the excercises I can't do and Boop! I did it for the first time! (Step right foot up onto riser, bring left knee up without touching riser, hold 3 seconds, do a few curls, step left back down to ground. I usually wobble so much, I have to step both feet up, then tremblingly lift the one leg and count to three REAL FAST.)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=3731 vits=8 log=8 CI<CO=6 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble=4 mfp=8 AF=7
  • grandmallie
    Options
    He is super cheap...he is staying with a friend.. but I told him with my rate of pay and the amount of hours I work I cant afford to put money out for a trip like that..
    Would rather take Amtrak but have to take commuter line to get there in time.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Greetings.

Yoga class was a blast and although I had some challenges keeping up I really enjoyed being back on my mat (it was a Power Yoga class). I slept like a baby last night. I found some free, in a park, yoga classes and have scheduled another for October 26th.

The week has been flying by – it has been crazy busy at work. I made a last-minute decision to take Friday off – although I must be on call for 911s. My teams are great and they usually handle all they can when I am out.

I also had a great talk with my manager. I will finally be promoted to a Manager! This has been five years in the making. It looks like mentioning I was considering applying for another position within another department worked. The full story is a rather long and winding road.

Some background: I have been leading two teams. One whose main goal is to ensure our e-catalog data is accurate. The other handles all operational reporting and back end fund claims, incentive claims, and a host of other tasks. My biggest challenge, other than leading two entirely different functional teams, is I have absolutely no authority. So the “work” was my responsibility while leading, training, etc. the teams and ensuring quality work was being produced. So when issues arose, the manager would meet with the employee, come to me get background, get back with the employee and so forth. Try not being the “bad” guy in this type of situation. Everyone on both teams knows the rebuttal information comes from me. Through many discussions, the last one being my thinking of moving to a new department, the e-catalog team is being moved under someone else (the same one who thought team only needs a team lead). I will manage the operational reporting team. This should all happen by the end of this quarter (December or sooner).

Enough about me. I am going to catch up with everyone and post again soon.
    SuziQ
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Wow, 6 pages of updates since my last “read”.

Michele – Love the turtle. He is cute. And, yes, his eyes are the best part!

Heather – The photos really show what a great time the two of you had during the cruise. And, DH’s grin with the dance instructors….I think I now know why he has been so cooperative with you on the dance floor. Glad to hear you are both enjoying the various dance forms and having fun dancing together.

Machka – I hope those darn glasses are finally in your hands. Wow, what a wait.

Lisa in AR, Luci in WNC, Rori, and Rho – Thank you for your kind words and affirmations. Honestly, I would not have changed a thing in my childhood – those experiences have made me the woman I am today. I try to share the little bits and pieces with the hope they are inspiring or provide insight. Luci – your lessons were well learned by your children and they were well guided by you.

Carol – Prayers and positive thoughts being sent.

Luci – It seems the slight change in diet has made you feel better. Also, great improvements with the BP. And, no worries about our “work” discussions. I really cannot wait until I can forget what a darn flowchart is!! I must work a little longer, 9 years at the minimum, and am just trying to keep sane until retirement.

RVRita – Big hug to you.

Kathleen – Wow. You have had a go of it and still continue to be kind. I am looking forward to seeing your book in print whatever the format. I am a Kindle fan. It has taken me years to get there, but I love knowing I can carry 700 books in something weighing under a pound.

Rebecca – Maybe DH needs to text a few stronger words to him and let him know texting dad is not the same as texting mom.

Hugs all around.
    SuziQ – FL
  • shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Day 3 Hump day best day so far this week for logging food and being accountable. Hello all.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pppppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Went over on calories...not real real bad. Had mostly veges and then a cookie and a piece of pineapple angel food cake for dessert. Should have stuck to only fruit even tho it's a WW recipe. The guys had rib eye, I had a zucchini cake, mainly because I'm not real big on red meat. Actually, I like the rib eye better from Sam's than this which was from Aldi. Too much fat as far as I am concerned. But they may be good for pork tenderloin which can sometimes be quite dry

Barbara....lol "shooting". They just shoot guns at a paper target at the local range. We're still involved (somewhat) in Newcomers, just not as heavily and I'm loving it.

Michele in NC
  • shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Rebecca,
    Feel the pain. My son finally is on land but for over a year and a half has been on two deployments on to different carriers. When we did get to communicate he was exhausted after working 14 hour days. Etc. so have to give them slack as sons and daughters. I miss him dearly every second he’s done in March but I really wish he would stay in and make a career out of it but......they all have to make their own choices in life. God bless and thank you sons and husband for there service
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day;

bike ride hm 2 gym, chasing kirby- 6.56min, 151mhr, 13.7amph, 1.58mi= 88c
    apple watch- 69c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 33min, resist1-5, 10width, 107ahr, 131mhr, 3.85mi= 215c
    apple watch- 136c
    Floor Exercises- 7.16min, 4sets of 15each, 4 diff exercises, 84ahr, 94mhr= 25c
    Apple watch= 50c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.40min, 140mhr, 15.8amph, 1.49mi= 71c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.20min, 148mhr, 11.9amph, 3.04mi= 169c
    apple watch- 113c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.22min, 145mhr, 10.19min mi, .52mi= 71c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.5in mi, 148mhr, .44mi= 64c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.01min 10.7amph 142mhr, 2.67mi= 201c
    Apple Watch- 128c

total cal 904
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi, all.

Just logging in to say that I am going to sign my posts differently than I have been. I have started a new part of my job, and I've been doing training over the past week, and they strongly recommend that we keep our social media presence locked down. Because my name is so unique, I am a little afraid someone could find me if they tried hard enough.

Anyway. From now on, I am

Flea, the nickname my dad had for me. (He also called me Fleabag, but that has taken on a new connotation which, while I do think is entertaining, I don't think I want to be associated with!)
    Willamette Valley, Oregon