What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?

When people are nice to me I attribute it to their kindness and not to me being likable in any way. Mostly I think people tolerate me because they’re good people.

Maybe the people with whom you associate are good people, but in the macro, people aren't good.

You've read Lord of the Flies, right?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

Ya know... sometimes a truck is just a truck and cigar is just a cigar.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have to say...the only thing Im impressed by is how well they parked that thing between the lines...If I had of seen that beast not in a parking lot, I would have assumed they parked that *kitten* diagonally in 2 spots.

Might be fun driving (not me driving) in deep sand or up a mountain side I suppose.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When someone is constantly criticizing others
    OR
    Is always blaming others for whatever problem they're having.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

I have to say...the only thing Im impressed by is how well they parked that thing between the lines...If I had of seen that beast not in a parking lot, I would have assumed they parked that *kitten* diagonally in 2 spots.

Might be fun driving (not me driving) in deep sand or up a mountain side I suppose.

The whole luxury car thing is kinda lost on me.

When ever I see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a Bentley ( and I see them everyday), I don't think the driver is cool ( or uncool), I just think that they spent a lot of money to buy or lease a car.

The thing is, some people think that if they drive a luxury sled, then they will be perceived as cool.... I'm not sure that's true.

That being said, I have one friend that drives a Bentley and another driving a new Maserati. They are wonderful people and just like nice cars. It's their money to spend as they see fit, no worries.

I would just rather spend money on appreciating assets or experiences.

It’s just a status symbol thing....but yeah if they took out a massive loan to pay for it..pretty much the car owns them. Never understood the appeal of those stupid expensive cars. Like that whole dream car thing was just lost on me. It’s just a vehicle, gets me from A -> B.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?

When people are nice to me I attribute it to their kindness and not to me being likable in any way. Mostly I think people tolerate me because they’re good people.

Good people recognize qualities of genuine good people...so maybe they recognize you are one of them 🤷‍♀️
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,368 Member
    Options
    Bragging, obviously. Putting others down. Bullies are usually the most insecure of all.

Being bullied for most of my childhood i later come to find those people are indeed insecure.
    But they made me insecure as well, anxious, depressed, got me a low self esteem, and made me think you only matter in this world if you have good looks
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    people pleasing, like always being okay with whatever chore or duty is thrown at u

I was big on this. Yeah, I was insecure, but I was also extremely non-confrontational, to the point where I will just go along with whatever to avoid any unpleasant arguments or anything. If I can do it, I will just do it...
    Also, I used to have a couple friends I hung out with a lot who were very headstrong and kind of unaccommodating. So I was always trying to "keep the peace", which meant they got their way and I never did. I didn't care as much as long as they were happy and not arguing. But I never voiced my opinion...

I still feel that way. It's a daily (sometimes more) struggle...
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    people pleasing, like always being okay with whatever chore or duty is thrown at u

I was big on this. Yeah, I was insecure, but I was also extremely non-confrontational, to the point where I will just go along with whatever to avoid any unpleasant arguments or anything. If I can do it, I will just do it...
    Also, I used to have a couple friends I hung out with a lot who were very headstrong and kind of unaccommodating. So I was always trying to "keep the peace", which meant they got their way and I never did. I didn't care as much as long as they were happy and not arguing. But I never voiced my opinion...

So tell me whatchu want, whatchu really really want
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

So tell me whatchu want, whatchu really really want

I'll tell you want I want, what I really really want....
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    Baseball hat. Regretfully it's necessary in the sun but has become a relex to grab on way out the door. Trying to break that habit.

You look very good with that nice short haircut you had several weeks ago. No hat required 🙂

😀
    No Hat Required
    Phil Collins less successful follow up album.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Laughing too much

Apologizing when you’ve done nothing wrong

Making apologies or excuses for your home, appearance, children, etc

Hunching shoulders

Ugh...me ...all of it

iksvhn1wgmmb.gif

that's all cute, but that's really only stuff that women do

What does that mean? It's not really cute. Could be mostly a female thing...🤷‍♀️
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    When they claim to see ghosts that scream about insecurity and won’t stop
  • Plague_Doktor
    Plague_Doktor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

My build-a-bear screams "I'm very insecure!"
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

My build-a-bear screams "I'm very insecure!"

I’m not surprised, they stuff those things with ghosts. I know. Seen it with my own eyes.