What's on your mind?

Replies

• laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    13 must be an unlucky number because my 13 year old loves to make everything difficult for me
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I'm going to be hurting tomorrow... I mean, today....

I don't remember posting this 😆

😆

zdxa2lhb79mz.jpeg
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    y’all ever wake up ready to do big spring clean out your closet and like an hour into it u shopping for new boots online

I'm the absolute worst at this.

Cleaning out the closet.....

How long should I keep a t-shirt?

5 years? 10?

Longer ????

Until it dissolves

The one true answer
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    3r4vnnr8eulf.jpg
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    @mtndewme wrote: »
    I spent almost an hour trying to buy a makeup pallet starting from the moment it dropped. The website kept crashing but I finally got through. Or so I thought. I never received the confirmation email so now I’m kind of bummed out but still hopeful that they are just taking forever to fix everything. It’s sold out so I’m sol if it didn’t go through. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Well? Didja get a confirmation email? I saw somewhere that the website was only capable of handling 10,000 customers per MINUTE and that’s why it kept crashing 😮

Edit: also i saw tons of comments on his post that people were buying it to support him but probably wouldn’t use it for one reason or another. Whyyy buy it at the launch? Why not give it a minute to see if it flies off the shelves? Sheesh

I didn't get the email so I'll assume that I didn't get it. I wanted it at launch because I really love both of them. Do I really need those eyeshadows? No. But I could see myself wearing 70% of them regularly.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    i started thinking it was Sunday at some point today and now figured out it’s Saturday *and* daylight savings happens so i just got extra 25 hours

... I totally forgot until you said something. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder!
  • Reckoner68
    i started thinking it was Sunday at some point today and now figured out it’s Saturday *and* daylight savings happens so i just got extra 25 hours

I just got the idea to fall wayyyyyy back like two whole days and start the weekend over
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Being polished and being interesting are different things. I find you interesting. You don’t really know me so you’ll just have to take my word for it that it’s a rare and high compliment as far as I’m concerned.

And yeah, it’s like the fashion magazines of yesteryear. I steered clear of those because they only made me feel bad about myself.
  • KosmosKitten
    Kinda sorta realizing how uninteresting I am and that that probably contributes to why I am so isolated and alone. I can't be like all those curated stories you see on Instagram or the super polished stories on Facebook. That's not the kind of life I have. I don't do interesting things and I keep to myself. Always have, always will.

The more and more I examine it, the more and more social media (not being social, but media that *is* social) bums me out. Most of it is fake or highly curated to omit anything negative. Sure, sure, the filters are fun and there are parts I enjoy (like hanging out and bullshitting here), but a lot of it is just.. well, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Being polished and being interesting are different things. I find you interesting. You don’t really know me so you’ll just have to take my word for it that it’s a rare and high compliment as far as I’m concerned.

And yeah, it’s like the fashion magazines of yesteryear. I steered clear of those because they only made me feel bad about myself.

I find that I am neither, but thank you. I have always been "rough" and that's okay. I just don't really understand the role of social media for an artist when it is so very hard to be seen through any of the platforms unless you sacrifice your dignity to do so. Personal opinion, of course.

I think that's what bums me out the most: these tools are meant to be used to connect us and to be utilized by folks like myself to get our work out there or spread a message, but there are so many things going on that it always gets drowned out.. unless you're lucky.
  • KosmosKitten

if u feel bad about yourself and youre being authentic then imo youre just hanging around the wrong people and i think that’s super easy to do online

Heh, that would be true if I "hung around" anyone. The opposite is true: I have no real life friends anymore (at least nowhere near me) and I am very much a homebody (is that the right word?). Maybe that's weird for someone in their early/mid 30s.. maybe not. I move too often to really have a chance to form meaningful connections with people and those I thought I had great connections with, well? They betrayed me more than once so I stopped trying. Seems like a lot of folks around here do understand that bit.

Online I've really tried to limit my interaction because so many groups I was part of became so outwardly hateful toward anything they viewed as different (and it didn't matter what their personal beliefs were, they just got nasty). That attitude made me uncomfortable and felt really wrong to me, so I left.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    2no4o73ohze4.jpeg
  • CaliValleyGirl
    9wggrd9kewxn.png
  • KosmosKitten
    iMago wrote: »
    2no4o73ohze4.jpeg

Do you know what the artist statement on this piece is vs. what most viewers find it to be about? It's pretty interesting.
  • Reckoner68
    2no4o73ohze4.jpeg

Do you know what the artist statement on this piece is vs. what most viewers find it to be about? It's pretty interesting.

I thought it was a young Die Antwoord
  • KosmosKitten
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    2no4o73ohze4.jpeg

:laugh:

https://stonehamstudios.com/haunted

Nope! It's called The Hands Resist Him and is by William Stoneham. It's one of three paintings that tie in together. His statement is quite different from the reaction of most who see the painting, claiming (of course) that it's haunted or full of misfortune.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    2no4o73ohze4.jpeg

:laugh:

https://stonehamstudios.com/haunted

Nope! It's called The Hands Resist Him and is by William Stoneham. It's one of three paintings that tie in together. His statement is quite different from the reaction of most who see the painting, claiming (of course) that it's haunted or full of misfortune.

technically he did a 4th back in 2017. but the 4th is a prequel.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    75skmz9tpiii.png
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    The oil man finally finished getting his corn in and delivered my oil. I only have it on 67 but it feels like heaven.