What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    It's a weird thing....
    Something that was used by someone every day, no longer needed once they die.
    Like their wallet, their purse, or their glasses.
    But it feels strange to "get rid" of it.

it does. because then there is admitting they aren't coming back and no more memories will be made with them. i still have a few things of my husband's 2 years later
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    It's a weird thing....

i still got a bottle of my ma's perfume i've kept all these years. plus a broken watch she had that she'd asked me to fix and i never got around to it. its all i got left of her anymore so i don't really see anything wrong with holding on to that stuff.

i think you just gotta balance how often you let yourself think of it. keeping things of theirs is a good way to remember them when you need it. you just don't wanna let it be all you think of or remember all the time either.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It's a weird thing....

Fun story...

When I closed on the apartment, I got it with everything that the ex-owner left inside. Her husband had died and and she just moved to the States to be with her daughter, who was living there with her own family. She was finally selling, after 5 years away. It was probably one of those situations in which you keep telling yourself that you're going to come back for more than a couple of days per year to „really sort it out here” but never actually do and then say *kitten* it.

So I have a big blue IKEA bag full of family portraits, various pictures and personal documents/trinkets of hers and her husband's. She didn't want to take anything from the house, not even this stuff. I donated a lot of their work (he was a musician, she was an archaeologist) and furniture but this is different and it is creepy and weird and makes me feel uneasy, but 2.5 years later I still have the damn blue bag and it's in the garage because I just can't throw it away. It feels wrong. I never wanna go through those things, I don't want to see them, I'm not a hoarder, but it just... feels wrong, you know? Maybe I ought to burn them, what if throwing away makes'em fall into the wrong hands? Or something?

iMago wrote: »
    It's a weird thing....

i still got a bottle of my ma's perfume i've kept all these years. plus a broken watch she had that she'd asked me to fix and i never got around to it. its all i got left of her anymore so i don't really see anything wrong with holding on to that stuff.

i think you just gotta balance how often you let yourself think of it. keeping things of theirs is a good way to remember them when you need it. you just don't wanna let it be all you think of or remember all the time either.

This. 100% this.
    And also, I'm sorry.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've been asking the Universe to send me love but like anything else you have to be specific. I wasn't. The Universe didn't send me someone to fall in love with. It sent me the spirit of love. An angel came to me tonight. She was always here in plain sight. She offered me my words from long ago. Those words were mostly memories of difficult times with loved ones but also words of progress. Tonight's experience was like a whisper from family who have passed saying "We're here, we love you and you're doing a good job!" To the Universe and to my new angel...Thank you!!!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    The trouble I made this weekend 😆
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Uhmmm ... No!! We will not be attending the Our Lady of Guadalupe Service tomorrow.

We are going to watch AQUAMAN ... Seriously, STOP inviting me/us. That would mean going to confession, and THAT is NOT happening.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Without a single word, a surprise that will make you smile and instantly think of me.
    It's the lil things in life
    ... <3
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Without a single word, a surprise that will make you smile and instantly think of me.
    It's the lil things in life
    ... <3

Like a song you haven't heard in long time :)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Pain

Without love
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    It's a weird thing....

Hayleigh was a freak about her chapstick, just like me. She always had some on her. When she was intubated after her accident, her lips started drying out. I got her 'sugar cookie' flavored chapstick from her things and put it on her a few times a day. The last thing I did when she was in her casket and I was saying goodbye, was I lifted her hands and put her chapstick underneath. A few days later, I was looking in the store for that same kind of chapstick. It was seasonal for Christmas I guess. Couldn't find it, the shelf was empty. Minutes later, in a different part of the store, there was a three pack of it, just sitting there randomly and totally out of place. I bought it. When I got home, I went on Amazon and bought a box of it and it's the only kind I've used since January. 4q9xb71w2rpm.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    I do love this sentiment.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    It's a weird thing....

I have all of my Grandmother's faux fur coats and hats. I dress up in them often because it brings me comfort and joy.

I love this too. Very much something I would do.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Will probably not reach my weight goal by the end of the year, unless I can lose 2.5kg in just over 2 weeks
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Pain

Without love

Pain without love is the easy pain.

It’s also lyrics to a song 😏
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I am so hungry,