The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I like Drinking a Love Story, too. Annie Grace's book ThisNaked Mind is good too.

I will check out your links @stubbornloser. Thanks for sharing!
    I am also so tired about thinking about drinking; it's exhausting.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I read 60 pages of the link above by @stubbornloser . Very good so far.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I like the narrative books of Bex Weller (A Happier Hour) and Clare Pooley (The Sober Diaries). Both women have new books out or coming out. Weller's Up All Day is out now. Pooley's Authenticity Project comes out next year. I haven't read Weller's new one. She also has a blog--Sexy Sobriety--and helpful free emails.

Nice too see you and your blue butterfly pic! xo <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 You are so kind...I consider you a friend also <3 and appreciate your honesty & insight.

Yes, it is nice to see the blue butterfly pic @donimfp :D

@nighthawk584 "different but nice to be sober" sums up AF life perfectly.

Love all the comments and reading suggestions. I'm definitely checking some of these out.

Hoping for a happy, healthy AF day for all.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 and @lorrainequiche59, thanks for missing me! <3 I've been a faithful reader but just haven't felt much like posting lately. I've struggled with whether I even want to be AF, especially given the tinnitus (which I'm now learning to live with, so the temptation to drink is much less). I'm in a transition time of my life, just trying to figure out a lot of things. So I don't feel I have a lot to contribute these days, but this group continues to inspire me every day. All I know is, I'm looking forward to an AF day today. That's about as far as it goes.
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I read 60 pages of the link above by @stubbornloser . Very good so far.

Happy you like it!
  • Max_in_Chicago
    Max_in_Chicago Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    msmelissb wrote: »
    How silly that I feel like I need to give folks an excuse as to why I’d rather have a seltzer than a glass of wine – but that’s how it is.

So, thanks everybody for this forum and for all of the encouraging stories !!

I don't think it's silly at all. Whatever helps is completely acceptable. And hopefully in time people around you will be fully supportive. All the best with your trip!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @donimfp Thank you for your honesty & courage to admit that you are not sure. It sounds to me like you are in a transition and that can be a difficult place to be. Please be assured that admitting your struggle is a contribution to this thread...a valuable one. We all struggle along the way & it is nice to know that we are not alone.

I remember a blurb from Letting Go and it said that "sometimes we have to fall apart to get put back together." AND it is OK!! Sometimes feelings are messy... <3 Good to know that you are lurking too.
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @msmelissb Happy 35 days AF!! Lots of challenges ahead for you, (and the ongoing challenge of having a spouse who is drinking especially if you were drinking partners) but you have a good plan to keep you focused & it sounds like you are determined and have thought things through as far as your obstacles. Great idea to volunteer your DD services. I've done the same thing. I think it helps you in a couple of ways. You have a commitment to be AF for that event and others will appreciate not stressing about a safe ride so likely no pressure from them to join in on the drinking.

I appreciate you sharing and hope you continue to. Have a great visit with your Fam and let us know how things go.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I used to like Belle but she tries to sell too much stuff and I was getting annoyed by it
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @whitpauly, that's funny. That's what happened to me with Annie Grace, who is awesome, but the incessant emails trying to sell me stuff turned me off. I guess if you decide to turn your sobriety into a "business," that is inevitable. I try to just take advantage of the free stuff, like the Sober School and Sexy Sobriety blogs.
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Howdy to the new contributors! Your input keeps our thread fresh and interesting so please post your thoughts. Doni good to see you too. I was wondering how you were doing. I am loving the blog about tired of thinking about drinking. Oh my goodness it certainly resonates with much of what I've been feeling. Thanks for the recommendation, @stubbornloser.

Glad you're liking it!