JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I need to hurry today, I hope you all have a great day!

Yesterday 11/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😁
    3. Do dishes😁
    4. Walk dogs😁

JFT 11/8:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do dishes
    4. Walk dogs
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Eat packed lunch ✔ I ate half my packed lunch. One coworker brought me tacos, and one brought me soup. I ate half of everything and it worked out.
    3. Cook dinner at home, need to use ground beef ✔
    4. Only one candy, only after fruit ✔ ✔ no candy!!!
    5. Prepare license name change paperwork ✔
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher ✔
    7. Load of laundry ✔
    8. Be kind ✔
    9. Set alarm for 7am - stone delivery at 730 ✔
    10. Bed by 9 - lights out by 930 ✔

JFT
    1. Complete license name change at RMV
    2. Laundromat to wash comforter
    3. Bank for land check
    4. Post office to mail check
    5. Be kind
    6. Log food
    7. Get a water when i stop for gas
    8. Bed by 930 lights out by 10
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Recap R 11/7 ~ Icy sections on roads = rest day & sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,544 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 33 floors :)
    2) Prelog all meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = Pretty good for rest day & no workout calories... net cals -100 :D , sodium -252, sugar -6, fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    3) Complete summary pages (want to submit for review when asst mgr returns next T ~ ahead of deadline) :) such a pain / APG sign-off :)
    4) To-do's: mail bday card :) / choir 6:30 :) / grocery shop after :) + Thanksgiving donations at church / prep treadmill/clothes :) / other? home later than expected then put everything away so nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :smiley: forced myself / retainers :smiley: once I floss this is easy / bed & tv off 10:20 :s (treadmill F before work)

JFT F 11/8
    1) Yay! Walked on treadmill before work 2.5 mi 43:41 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley: I noticed Fitbit logged my exercise as "elliptical" because I pump my arms as I walk on treadmill (keeps my fingers from puffing up) hahaha
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Another day of leftovers prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Review & sign-off 95 summary pages / APG WP Ref column / set up folders / clear Inbox / review FSA details (due 12/6)
    5) To-do's: cash reimbursement check / clear papers on kitchen table / replace batteries in treadmill (hard to see display this morning) / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 11:00 (no alarm Sat. woohoo)

Sad dog b/c I went to basement again for morning workout. Plan to walk her during daylight hours on my three day weekend when I can see clearly where the icy patches on roads are. Would love for temps to rise above freezing and melt all the ice. We'll see. Maybe hubby and I will even rake leaves that finally gave up and fell from trees.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. And I agree with age is only a number. But from someone who has lost 5 siblings before the age they were 60 and both parents at just 74 I know I am not young. Guess I have a hubby that reminds me of this. His dad passed at 69 and he will be 70. But I am very active, I take no meds for anything so hopefully I ha e another 20 years
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Well lunch pretty well consumed my entire day's allotment of calories. Sigh... We went out to eat at a local pizza place and I ordered a small stromboli. I knew it was high in cals, but I ordered it anyway. I did not however realize just how high. I'm not sure on the cals because I just picked something close on MFP, but its a starting point. Of course, I'm not going to starve the rest of the day and there isn't really time for exercise so I'll probably just go over. I'll be mindful the rest of the day and call that a win.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Eugh Saskia have nits. The word alone makes me itch!!!
    We had to get a cheaper treatment cause we couldn't afford the 15min one so I've just sat for an HOUR!
    But it worked as far as I'm aware, everything I combed out is dead, just can't get the eggs off? But the solution apparently kills them!
    I'm gonna get ash to check my hair?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Eugh Saskia have nits. The word alone makes me itch!!!
    We had to get a cheaper treatment cause we couldn't afford the 15min one so I've just sat for an HOUR!
    But it worked as far as I'm aware, everything I combed out is dead, just can't get the eggs off? But the solution apparently kills them!
    I'm gonna get ash to check my hair?

No fun at at... Hope your day improves.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - I think your husband was quite insensitive. I agree with others though that you need to do what you need to do for your own health and reasons. Hopefully he is more supportive.

PackerfaninGB- I have been struggling since summer to get into a routine and resolution to stick to calorie goals. I need to get back at it as I’m not happy with myself and I feel I’ve let myself down.

Bex953172 - I feel so bad for you and the girls if they get them. They are awful to get rid of.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 187.2
    Loss - 4

JFT - Thursday Nov 7
    2L of water - 👿 1.25
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude Journal- 🙂

JFT - Friday Nov 8
    2L of water
    log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

I had my goals all typed and ready to post this morning when I hit the wrong Done. I didn’t have time to go retype it all.

I have overeaten again today and not kept up with my water. I don’t know why I have struggling so hard with this. I really need to figure it out and get back on track.

My hip is still hurting but I can’t let it rule my life and it hurts just sitting as much as it does doing something so I might as well be doing.

My boss has decided to purchase 160 of our Christmas ornaments as gifts for the staff this year. We have a lot of work to do to get it done.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Have you asked the doctor to do an MRI to make sure you don’t have a labradoodles tear? That’s what I walked around with for years before getting diagnosed. So painful!

I’m excited for you that you got a great sale from your boss! You go girl!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I haven’t asked for an MRI she told me I tore the muscle that attaches to the bone in my butt. She gave me the actual name but I can’t remember it. She told me it would be a few months to heal and it is better than it was just not perfect yet.

I’m excited too, I am up for the challenge of it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options

J4T - Thursday:
    • Journal every bite. 😀
    • 80 oz of water 😀
    • Bible Study - Weight Loss God's Way 👿
    • Unplug at 9:00, Gratitude Journal, read from DO or JM, read from SA, read until eyes are tired... 😀
    =============

FRIDAY

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 182.4 -6.2. (Water weight...it’ll be back up tomorrow)
    GW: 183.6 will be a 5 lb loss

I didn’t get goals posted today but I did journal everything and did meet the goals in my mind for myself today. So I’ll hop on tomorrow with actual list!

Happy Friday everyone! ♥️

2019 WOTY: TENACITY I am succeeding in this journey towards a healthy life because I am tenacious.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Have been very busy this last few days, so no time to post on here. Managed fine on goals for Wed/Thu/Fri. Was able to stay in the green, and fit in my Physio am, and steps after dinner. Goals for today are at the end of this post. Winter weather has finally set in here, and it is mostly cold and wet. However, I managed a good outdoor walk yesterday in sunshine, despite the cold winds.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    08/11: CW: 151.1 - 4.9 Had a bit of a whooosh yesterday, which is usually followed by a bounce up. Haven't weighed yet this morning.

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Sat 09 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Fold and put away laundry
    • Vacuum upstairs
    • Clear dining room table and file papers
    • Finish Accounts
    • Local Shopping
    • Finish 4 quilting blocks for Christmas door decoration (I have 12 to do)
    • Sort photos for PhotoPlus (camera group run by DH) next Friday (Theme: Closeups: I often leave this until the last minute but I already took some good shoots for the theme on my phone, and need to download and organise them)

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: ✅✅✅✅✅
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday November 8

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to happy Scale trend - be below maintenance :(

Yesterday was a beautiful l day and I went for a long walk and felt much better. There’s more wind and cloud this morning but I will get out at least for a while.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 9 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goal
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    5LBS CHALLENGE WINNER BOARD

Round 1: TerriRichardson!
    Round 2: TerriRichardson!!
    Round 3: Bookmeister!
    Round 4: PackerFanInGB!

FINALLY!!!

@PackerFanInGB wins the 5lb discard challenge!!! Well done! Doesn't matter if it's water weight! Well done!

Does everyone want to continue?
    If so, shall we start on Monday? To give chance for everyone to weigh?

Sounds good to me! Congrats @PackerFanInGB, good job! :smile:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Complete license name change at RMV ✔
    2. Laundromat to wash comforter ✔
    3. Bank for land check ✔
    4. Post office to mail check ✔
    5. Be kind ✔
    6. Log food ✔
    7. Get a water when i stop for gas ✔
    8. Bed by 930 lights out by 10 👎 1015

Wow! Running errands was more work than a day at work! Got in lots of steps and squeezed in some extra errands too! Woohoo! Went over on cals since it was takeout night but i logged it anyway and im not beating myself up! Ordered haddock so I'm happy to be adding more seafood to my diet despite it being fried. Im looking for some favorite soup recipes! Ive worn out my favorite sausage kale and bean soup. Please share your favorite recipes if you dont mind! I need some inspiration. Thanks in advance!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink water
    3. Be kind
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Grocery list
    6. Grocery shop tonight, farm shop tomorrow
    7. Cook dinner at home
    8. QT with DH
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Complete license name change at RMV ✔
    2. Laundromat to wash comforter ✔
    3. Bank for land check ✔
    4. Post office to mail check ✔
    5. Be kind ✔
    6. Log food ✔
    7. Get a water when i stop for gas ✔
    8. Bed by 930 lights out by 10 👎 1015

Wow! Running errands was more work than a day at work! Got in lots of steps and squeezed in some extra errands too! Woohoo! Went over on cals since it was takeout night but i logged it anyway and im not beating myself up! Ordered haddock so I'm happy to be adding more seafood to my diet despite it being fried. Im looking for some favorite soup recipes! Ive worn out my favorite sausage kale and bean soup. Please share your favorite recipes if you dont mind! I need some inspiration. Thanks in advance!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink water
    3. Be kind
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Grocery list
    6. Grocery shop tonight, farm shop tomorrow
    7. Cook dinner at home
    8. QT with DH

I really like this one!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12808/butternut-squash-soup-with-chilli-and-crme-frache

You can do sweet potato instead of butternut squash as well, I tend to do that as I find sweet potatoes much less faffy to prepare.....
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been absent. When I went to the gym on Tuesday I screwed up something in my stomach. I did a hard ab workout and now since then, I've had this terrible gas pain that I'm not even sure is actually gas. I've been taking Gas-X and it doesn't really seem to be working. Pretty much any time I eat anything or move around too much I get really uncomfortable. I wouldn't call it pain, it's more discomfort. However, I am feeling better today. I woke up this morning feeling pretty terrible because I slept poorly which I think made my stomach worse. But after Matt left for work I made myself get up and take a shower. I then ran a couple of errands and am now crashed on the couch. Lol. But I'm feeling okay now, so I don't mind. I just hope that I feel much better by Monday because school starts up again and then I'll have school all day and then my clients in the afternoon all week. I don't know how I'll survive all the movement if I don't feel any better.

I'm down 4lbs from Sunday too. But honestly, I think that might be more due to lack of eating and an increase in water consumption than any actual weight loss. But I'll take it nonetheless! I'm down to 182.4! I can't believe it!. This is the lowest I've weighed in a few months I think. Maybe I'll be catching up with Matt soon! Lol.

I'm only going to post a few small goals today to just get something down.

JFT, 11/9/19

1. Log all food
    2. Drink 96oz of water
    3. Unload/load/run the dishwasher

Have a great day everyone!