November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    26.2 miles on Sat. at the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - it was a bit cold starting out and very windy. I had a lot of BG challenges, but made it through with a slow time (but average for me).

26.2 miles on Sun. at the Louisville Marathon - it was perfect weather starting out, but ended up hot later on and there were many areas on the course without much or any shade. Also, they have serious hills in Louisville. I had some BG challenges and a bit of cramping, but it was not bad overall for a race. It was a bit on the slower side of average for me, but not as slow as the 2 Sept. marathons.

I'm quite tired and have to be back to work tomorrow. I already mostly unpacked from the weekend, but I need sleep ASAP.

exercise.png

You did back to backs in TWO DIFFERENT STATES? Go you! You earned your rest!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner that is freaking amazing that you ran two full marathons back to back!! 😵 You are a super beast!!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    durhammfp wrote: »
    Commitments for November:
    2) Walk at least 36 miles 80 miles 100 miles

Loving upping that mileage @durhammfp
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Wow @adampeart that was good of you to jump in. I keep well clear of horses, a little too often the trail I jog has loose horses from the horse sanctuary next to it and I just head for the nearest tree until they go past and let the sanctuary owners know they have a stray again. Not big or brave enough to try and stop them.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I didn't do much in the end just checked on the rider and tried to keep 1 of the dogs away, was not picking a fight with the German Sheppard though!! Yep think if I see any more horses as I'm likely to on my longer route then will use it as a rest break and refuelling time. Wasn't something I had thought of before :D

Well done you for letting the sanctuary know most wouldn't bother doing that, horses can cause proper damage even when approached from the front.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner - wow! Congratulations on your back-to-back marathons. Having seen a friend do that a few weeks ago, I can't imagine, and all the respect to you for the strength and endurance to do that. And then go to work the next day? I hope you can rest and treat yourself to some relaxation and recovery time.

Thanks so much @rheddmobile, @quilteryoyo, @shanaber, @TheMrWobbly, @Scott6255, @PastorVincent and @Tramboman!

Waking up with some regret that I didn't finish raking my yard yesterday. Winter storm warning starting at 1 pm today and up to 9 inches of snow possible. :#
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Waking up with some regret that I didn't finish raking my yard yesterday. Winter storm warning starting at 1 pm today and up to 9 inches of snow possible. :#

Well if the snow covers the yard, then you have nothing to rake :)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options

Out of sight, out of mind works for me! Until spring when my grass is dead I guess.

And thank you for your comments on my race yesterday too!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Out of sight, out of mind works for me! Until spring when my grass is dead I guess.

And thank you for your comments on my race yesterday too!

Honestly, we do not rake in the fall. If we do anything we just run the mower over the leaves and mulch them. I am not sure where this idea that falling leaves is bad for grass, but IME at least it has never panned out that way. I claim no horticulture expertises though. :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Great job on back to back marathon's. I can't imagine.

@rheddmobile Hope you can figure out what is going on with your leg. Sounds really annoying. Also hope it doesn't get any worse. I'm with you on the race. I'd throw on an extra layer and run. Sad for the organizers that no more than that showed up, I'm sure. Or, maybe they didn't care since they got their money anyway. :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @rheddmobile Hope you can figure out what is going on with your leg. Sounds really annoying. Also hope it doesn't get any worse. I'm with you on the race. I'd throw on an extra layer and run. Sad for the organizers that no more than that showed up, I'm sure. Or, maybe they didn't care since they got their money anyway. :wink:

If it was me and my race, I would be sad no one showed up. I mean if I just wanted money, I could stand out front of a store with a can. To go through all the work of a race, and then have no one show? That I think would be very discouraging.

But that is just me maybe.
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Great job on back to back marathon's.

Yes! Well done!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @TheMrWobbly, @kgirlhart, @katharmonic, @ereck44 on your weekend races! Loved reading the race reports (looking forward to yours @ereck44).

@T1DCarnivoreRunner – Wow! Back to back marathons! Amazing! Congratulations!

@Avidkeo – nothing wrong with scheduling a rest day at least once a week either!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner that is freaking amazing that you ran two full marathons back to back!! 😵 You are a super beast!!

That goes double from me!!!!! Outstanding!!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    11-1 7k slow
    11-2 7k slow
    11-3 8k for @MobyCarp
    11-4 7k easy
    11-5 yoga
    11-6 7k slow
    11-7 7k easy/yoga
    11-8 rest
    11-9 7k easy
    11-10 7k slow/yoga
    11-11 7k easy

November Total: 64k
    November Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k

2019 Total through October: 1,423k / 882.26m

Monthly average: 142.3k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races. Completed 8-31
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k. Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Cloudy, foggy, damp, low 40s with no wind whatsoever. Perfect running weather. Suspect the coming storm may turn some scheduled run days into rest days.

2020 goals:

Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older