What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Yesterday 70 min spin with 30 min of it high intensity intervals.

Today 45 min recovery ride/spin.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    11/15
    6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex
    Pushup - 34-27-20-14-7 (102)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)
    Core Strength
    Low Crow Hold - 3 x 10 (30)

11/16
    Yoga

11/18
    6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Vertical Push Pull Complex
    Pike Press - 19-15-11-7-4 (56)
    Pull-ups - 14-11-8-6-3 (42)
    Dip - 12-10-7-5-2 (36)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yesterday, I used a recumbent bike for 35 minutes. Set the resistance pretty challenging for me, an old lady, doing intermittent high and medium intervals.

Have not gone to gym today. I am still in bed but getting up now.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    TrainerRoad "Carter" - 45 minutes 75% FTP just squeaked over 25 km
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Boxing gym - fighter circut - 2.5 minutes / four rounds per station. Included battle-ropes, fighter push-ups, high knees w/overhead med ball, rowers, TRX mountain climbers, KB squat to OH heavy, fire-feet w/Jump, V-Ups, Jacks, planks, jump squats, KB alt swings and skiers over the deck. Some hitting/basic combo's after that. 5-minute abs.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Team erg workout - 4x5 min/1 min rest (18-20), 2x7min 1 min rest (at an 18 then 22), 3min at a 24

2 hours, 1 bagel with butter, protein powder of woe (I accidently ordered vanilla instead of chocolate), some unsweetened tea, and two slices of whole wheat bread later...

Weight lifting class - squats, bench press, and deadlifts. My squats and bench are meh. However today's deadlift was 1x5 at 245lbs. Compare this to my squat which is at 115lbs...
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Cycled for an hour around the villages. Paused midway for a protein bar, watched by this little personylawga3c1pcd.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    After the two hour workout yesterday, was really sore, but the dip in the ice pool helped I think. Wasn't quite as inflammed as I expected to be.

Did 11K meters on the rower out on the deck today. 30 minutes, quick towel off, then a little over 20 minutes just to make it to 11K. Actually supposed to rain the next 3 days here, a real rarity. We'll see if I have to take it indoor tomorrow. I'm enjoying doing "indoor rowing" outside. Nice distraction watching birds.

If you've never seen a Gambel Quail, there are tons of them at my bird feeder. They are like the Geese of the desert. They go in families. In the Spring and Summer, we'd have families of up to 9 feeding at the bird feeder. They eat like chickens. The babies are so cute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambel's_quail
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    30min session with trainer. Spent the whole 30min teaching me exercises to activate the lats for pull up, using bands and trx. Then some band assisted pull ups (that I struggled with, as the bar we were using was a lot wider than I'm used to) and dead hangs.

Shoulders and arms. My usual workout with the added rep per set.

Stretch - good 10min stretch session

3km easy run - half marathon training started today

Circuits class
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    today 11/18: 40 min spin bike, 100 pushups (40, 20, 20, 20)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    100 minutes bouldering. Another great session.

I really should try harder climbs more frequently. This gym has v1/v3, where I get 90% of them. The next grade is V3/v4 , where I get 50%. I've never tried the grade up from this.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    edited November 2019
    Warm up:
    5 min elliptical
    2x8 inchworms

StrongLifts workout A (modified for equipment availability):
    5x5 squats (100 lbs)
    5x5 barbell row (65 lbs)
    5x5 chest press machine (60 lbs) (since all benches were taken)

Cool down/cardio:
    10 min elliptical

I can only get to the gym at peak times (5pm) so it's rare for me to get all the equipment I need. I'm considering joining a fancy barbell gym but their membership is twice what I pay now. For now I'll substitute where I can, but maybe down the line I'll make the splurge.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Monday, another 3 x 10' rowing machine, with 2' CD or row-out/drink/row-in. 1 x 10' before breakfast, 2 x 10' late afternoon, around the same stats as other recent workouts.

My 64th birthday was yesterday, so the Sunday workout was High Intensity Interval Celebrating: Chocolate tasting, Indian restaurant buffet, brewpub. Back on the normal track today. ;)

Happy Birthday! Love the "High Intensity Interval Celebrating!" Good workout too ;)
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    60 min stretch/warm-ups
    75 min strength training, biceps, triceps, upper back, KB get-ups (improving with more weights)! Some PT.

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Happy late B-Day Ann! Indian Buffet and Brewpub sound wonderful! One good thing about intervals!
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Day 0019:

Stretching - *Keep Same*
    09:38 Minutes

Elliptical - *Keep changing it up*
    02:25 Minutes - 0.25 Miles

Chest Press Machine - *Maintain, full rep sets*
    03 x 15 Reps - 135lbs - Fast/Full Sets, Final 5 reps slowed as exhaustion hit.

Hanging Leg Raise - *Keep Same*
    03 x 15 Reps - Bodyweight - Felt good. Worked on breathing and pacing. Fatigued by final 5 reps of final set.

Tricep Press - *Keep Same*
    03 x 15 Reps - 120lbs - Felt tired during last set at Reps 10 through 15.

Bicep Curl - Fixed Bar Weight - *Maintain Weight and Sets*
    03 x 15 Reps - 45lbs - Exhausted. Barweight Curls really made me feel the workout. So much better than that awkward machine.

Row Machine - *Maintain 105lbs and Sets.*
    01 x 15 Reps - 115lbs
    01 x 15 Reps - 110lbs - Had to Dropset. Meant to start at 105lbs anyway. My own fault
    01 x 15 Reps - 105lbs - So exhausted by this point. Trying to keep form and full sets was tough. Regardless, 105-115lbs from 55lbs on last Tuesday is gains. Should have been 03 x 15 @ 105lbs anyway.

Wide Grip Shoulder Press Leverage Machine - *Maintain Weight and Set for 01 Week*
    03 x 15 Reps - 55lbs - Fast and steady sets. Felt good by final rep set where fatigue set in nicely.

Tricep Press - *Increase to 120-125lbs and Maintain Reps*
    03 x 15 Reps - 115lbs - Felt easy. Too easy. Steady and solid sets and could have done a lot more at the end. Need to increase weight.

Abdominal Machine *Keep Same*
    01 x 20 Reps - 70lbs - Messed up and selected higher weight. Then accidentally did 5 reps more. Started feeling that pre-cramp twinge in core. Dropped weight and made sure to hit reps for final 2 sets.
    02 x 15 Reps - 60lbs - Good and steady sets at proper weight.

Cable Row - *Increase Weight and Maintain Rep Sets*
    03 x 15 Reps - 104lbs - Felt great, strong, power hungry and able to do more with this machine. I really enjoy the movement and muscle targets the Cable Row gives me. Did fast sets with nary a pause between them. Felt great. This applies again. Need to increase the weight already.

Closed Grip Shoulder Press - *Maintain Weight and Reps for 01 Week*
    03 x 15 Reps - 65lbs - Felt good. Final reps of final set had me slowing down and pushing to hit my last 5 reps.

Lat Pull Down - *Maintain Weight for 01 Week*
    03 x 15 Reps - 115lbs - Felt easy enough this time around. Crazy how much a few days rest can help the next workout when building muscle. Had to dig deep to finish last rep set.

Assisted Pull Ups - *Continue to try and improve. Return to 220lb Assist. Place earlier in workout*
    01 x 10 Reps - 200lbs - Did a full 10 rep set with this. Had to stop at 5 reps and try 1 at a time to finish. Had plenty of half-made attempts, but I never count those. 200lbs assist was so hard to do. Might return to 220lbs for the interim. Problem with this at the end is having no energy left really. Need to put earlier into the cycle.

Tricep Rope Press - *Maintain and Improve*
    03 x 15 Reps - 44lbs - This sucked. Tail end of the workout. Just exhausted physically and mentally. But I muddle through. Same days later. Just the worst at the tail end. A lot easier today than it was 2 weeks ago, so can't complain. Really didn't have to dig deep until the final rep set.

Add-On - Incline Bench Press - *Add to Main Workout*
    01 x 05 Reps - 135lbs - Had some energy left, figured to try free bar weight presses again. Felt good. Felt tired, but good.

Start of week three. Feeling really good. Tired, but stronger than I was at the start of the month. Had to take an extra rest day yesterday as I stepped wrong over the weekend and my knee was like "how about we just stop working right today?". Feeling good again and at full strength.

Leg Day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else!
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    edited November 2019
    4x superset: 1min jumprope + 10 goblet squats (20lb)
    4x superset: 10x105lb machine leg press + 15 vertical knee raise
    5x5x75lb back squat
    3x6x40lb split squat
    3x10x40lb barbell hip thrust
    4x10x40 machine hip adductor/abductor (i know they have zero functionality but i'm going for them glute gains)

almost all my workouts are squeezed into my lunch breaks these days so there's no time to piddle around with long cardio warm-ups or ab circuits like i used to. gonna get some yoga in tonight as well.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tuesday madness.

30min session with trainer - today we used the mini trampoline. My legs were well and truly destroyed by the end. Bouncing on the trampoline, then squat jumps then shuttle run. Absolutely brutal.

Benching - still doing my main sets at lower weight, higher rep, slow paused reps. 3x14@25kg, then did 5 reps each of 27.5/30/32.5/35/37.5/40/42.5/45kg. Finished with incline dumbbell bench, flies and decline dumbbell bench.

20 min yoga for runners, more of a stretch than anything else.

45min zumba class.

15min benchmark run, as part of my half marathon training.

Beachbody on demand insanity max circuit, omg so hard, squat push ups, single leg shoulder push ups....

50min boxercise class, the instructor had got stuck in traffic and hadnt done insanity so had far too much energy.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Spin class and the slowly-progressing light strength sets, as per routine.