WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Meg – sorrow you have been struggling with friend’s passing. Alcoholism is a nasty disease. Very good of you to help family. Grieving is a process we have to make our way through.

Amber – great sale finds. I love going to thrift stores and finding clothes with tags still on them. With kids who change sizes quickly it is especially helpful.

BananasandOranges – sorry you are in a rough spell. The work hours are undoubtedly adding to it. Just do what you can daily.

Slept better last night. Have mainly meetings at work today. Busy time of year. Going to make sure keep getting pt done, I think physical activity helps during stressful times. Slowly building walking back up since knee/leg seems to be responding. Get reevaluation Thursday. Probably only have a couple of more sessions. Think I may join the gym at the center and meet with trainer to get a sensible plan. It is open until 7 and is on my way home so my goal is to stop by three evenings a week for thirty minutes or so. Want to make sure I am learning correct way to do things.

Get to end the day with getting hair cut and styled. I always keep the same cut (modified bob), but it is easy to take care of and looks good on me. Gave up coloring a couple of years ago and have lovely natural gray highlights.

Have a good day all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - November 19th
    I am grateful for the first birdsong I hear in the morning.
    Day 4 - November 18th
    I am grateful to have the means and ability to eat the foods my body needs for fuel.
    Day 3 - November 17th
    I am grateful to be able to see the full spectrum of colors.
    Day 2 - November 16th
    I am grateful to live in an age where information can be found at any time of the day without having to use a card catalog (although I miss seeing them in the library).
    Day 1 - November 15th
    I am grateful for so many smells. From the whiff of baked goods when someone opens a bakery door and I am walking by to the smell of the forest.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Lanette~ I have bought the Egyptian Licorice tea, yes it needs no sweetener , but it wasn't for me,, try it out and see what you think..
    other girl out of work today. so I usually have tues ,weds off, but an working today and thurs, friday, and Saterday
    i bet the Doc didn't feel so great asking me to work today as he didnt want to give me the extra hours..
    I just keep the mouth shut and do my work..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,866 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,866 Member
    Options
    I walk during my day, of course, but I also got some time in on the treadmill this evening ...

0c6bd700tl5z.png

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hello my old friends. I have surfaced again. My oldest friend died at the end of September and I have been a mess ever since. I've also been helping the family with everything, she didn't have a will, she was a hoarder and an alcoholic and it has been a mess. Today was the first day I felt half way normal. I got up early to write, I got a bunch of stuff done at work, and I exercised. So I'm on a one-day roll! Glad to be back. Hope you all have been well. Take care, Meg from Omaha

so sorry to hear about your friend...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Meg So sorry your friend died. What a blow. (((Hugs)))
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Meg - glad to see you back, so sorry to hear about your friend - how great to pitch in and help with an overwhelming job. <3

Kelly - after I posted about the Egyptian Licorice tea, you popped into my head, lol. I tried the Stash Licorice tea and didn't like it at all, but Yogi has their act together for my taste buds. The bread and buns are very impressive, so neat they are learning about baking with you - things we used to "help" our moms and grandmothers with. :D

Barbie - love that photo of the kids all cozy <3 .

Lately, when I have time, I've been watching "The Dodo" videos on Facebook which chronicles dogs (puppies) and cats (kittens) being rescued and fostered. The cutest ones, in my opinion, are kittens who come into a dog household and end up cuddling just like yours.

Barbara AHMOD
    - wow, what a score on dog dollies! Walgreens used to have very sturdy little stuffed toys with squeakies for $1 each and I was sad to see them discontinued, still have a few of them around which have been patched. Enjoy Shakespeare and Hathaway.

Amber - good score on clothes for JR! Walking through Walmart, I couldn't believe the high prices for kid's clothing. I hear those gently used items go quickly at garage sales, and no wonder.

I love reading everyone's gratitude list.

Ok ladies, make it a splendiferous Tuesday! <3

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    (((Meg)))
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So true prices for a kids coat leaves a heart attack! Same with swim suits! Etc etc
    Lowest at 1 Walmart (found one that has lots of deals drive there only! ) is $3-$5 clothes it’s a few only not always good ones so lucky to score 1-10 items sometimes nothing. This came out to $2.20 a piece beat that out! Hubby was upset at how much I spent like usual takes a look at what I did retracts it says wow this is great!!! Then he’s proud lol.
    Mainly got shorts,1 pair pants,life jacket small anyone who bought those knows $2.20 vs the full price !, a few tank tops ,shirts ,y a NFL jacket,my few clothes items , pants hangers 4 with 1 belt hook, a clothes organizer that hangs up, swim trunks with shirts for sun protection,y a new pair of socks for Daughter tag on it.
    The restaurant gift cards for Daughter visit is a huge bargain we spend a lot when she visits this will save us some cash.

Amber Tx

SW 195
    CW 151.6 lowest yet must be carrying a 40lb boy down y up everywhere yesterday y all the walking pushing 40lbs around with carts with wonky wheels!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊💜
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Birthday on Thanksgiving and I have started going full force again now that I am well. My goal is 255 by New Year. I am tired of starting over all the time. I need to get into my head that this is a lifestyle change and not just a temporary thing. My blood sugar is already going down and I am sooo excited about that. I cannot wait to see what 2020 brings.

:) If you keep coming back each day to this thread, you'll be in the company of women who are making healthy changes. Having encouragement and support from others has made a huge difference in my life.

:) It helped me to take baby steps and stay open minded to new ideas. You can do this.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather Happy Anniversary! 15 years. <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Margaret ... hugs and prayers that you will find the right treatment and long-lasting health for your son...

Tere ... welcome back!

Meg ... so sorry to hear you've lost a long-time friend ...

Amber ... great buys! You and Michele are cut from the same cloth!

Heather ... Happy Anniversary!

Beth near Buffalo