TEAM GREEN- SAHMU- Go Green! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Can someone send me the link to the main Thread? MY hubby re formatted the computer last night and didn't save any of my favorites, so I'm trying to find all of our important threads and spread sheets for the challenge.

Thanks- Lindsay
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Girls...... I've been stressing out so much this week. I need some help!! :(

Stress is killer to weight loss goals. My advice: vent! Get it out either to a friend, family member, random stranger on the bus (ok maybe not that one - not unless you want to be dubbed "that crazy chick on the bus!) or on here. I've unloaded my issues a few times and have always gotten phenomenal support from the MFP community and the Green Team espsically. So feel free to let it all out to us, then take a deep breath, dry your tears and move forward. It may sound silly and self-indulgent to get it all out but in my experience it can be very cathartic. And if you are not comfortable sharing online, write a letter. Type the words, put pen to paper and you will feel better. If nothing else, the act of writing will help to organize your thoughts which can become confused and garbeld when you are under pressure which adds to the feeling of stress. Remember, we are here for you!!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Can someone send me the link to the main Thread? MY hubby re formatted the computer last night and didn't save any of my favorites, so I'm trying to find all of our important threads and spread sheets for the challenge.

Thanks- Lindsay

Main Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325673-sahmu-60-day-challenge-week-6-closed-group?page=4#posts-4443855

Calorie Burn Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

SAHMU Spreadheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Sidenote: don't you HATE when they do that?!? My hubby is the worst for changing things on the compute and not saving all of my stuff. So annoying!

Lynda
  • linake11
    Options

Thanks- Lindsay

Main Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325673-sahmu-60-day-challenge-week-6-closed-group?page=4#posts-4443855

Calorie Burn Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

SAHMU Spreadheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Sidenote: don't you HATE when they do that?!? My hubby is the worst for changing things on the compute and not saving all of my stuff. So annoying!

Lynda

Thanks Lynda. I planned on a little later venting on here about what's been going on. It's been terrible and I need some feedback.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    I need opinions on my calorie goal this week ladies. I was gonna up it to 4000 but then I got scared I wouldn't make it and lowered it to 3750. Thoughts? Don't be afraid to call me a chicken sh*^ I may need some tough love on this one. :tongue:
  • linake11
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately. Here is my vent on what has been going on and why I've been so stressed this last week or so.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately. Here is my vent on what has been going on and why I've been so stressed this last week or so.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.

My heart is breaking for you, your family and the victim's family. I commend your strength and conviction and I admire the courage it takes to carry this burden as well as share it. I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain, but unfortunately I cannot fathom what those words would be.

I'm not an overly religious person, but I do believe in the power of prayer. I would never press my beliefs onto anyone else, but with your blessing I will pray for you, your brother and both families. I don't know if you are still in contact with your brother or his wife and son but I truly hope that your nephew still has a chance to see his extended family and feel their support and love.

If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.
    Lynda
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lindsay,
    I am so sorry you are going through this, I truly am. I am having to deal with alcohol addiction in my family right now and reading your post makes it even more real for me. There have been to many times it has been swept under the rug in my family and I know that something like your situation is always possible. I think when you love someone who has done something like this while intoxicated it really does break your heart because you know who they are when they are sober and they are a good person. Alcohol is such an evil addiction and it does cause so much embaressment and shame for the one who is in it and there families.
    Thank you for sharing with us and it does mean more to me than you know. We are here for you whenever you need to vent, please remeber that. This isn't just about weightloss, I consider you all to be my friends as well.:flowerforyou:
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    You know you can do this silly!!!!! If you set it at 3750 you will just go over it! Push yourself, you created this great challenge this week and I know with those stairs you will get the burn you need!

:bigsmile: So get to it Girl!!!!!!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Lindsay,

Sorry to hear about this family problem... I feel really bad for both the families, the other family who has lost the loved one and your family for having to go through this entire situation.. In spite of these things, you are facing the situation with courage and also having the courage to pen it down and share.. I would say sharing your feelings with others really makes you feel better... I agree with Lynda on the prayers thing... Prayers has lot of strength, we cannot go back and change anything from past, but of course we can look for a better tomorrow... I will extend my prayers to both the families to give more strength and courage to face the situation..

Whenever, you want to vent, please feel free to share it..we are always there for you here (even after the challenge)
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    You know you can do this silly!!!!! If you set it at 3750 you will just go over it! Push yourself, you created this great challenge this week and I know with those stairs you will get the burn you need!

:bigsmile: So get to it Girl!!!!!!!

I raise my hand with Karie...lol.. Vote in favor of Karie...hahah
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Ladies,

I am going on a long weekend with my hubby to San Antonio..We are leaving on friday and returning on sunday i guess..not sure...lol..My hubby has booked the hotels, so not sure on the days.. Also, not sure how far will i be able to complete the challenges this week...but I will try to burn maximum calories this week... :-) Hopefully my foot wont trouble me more this week...
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WHEW!! what a week! what a day!! I'm just now getting onto MFP from my hectic day today! But i'm here! My weight is still the same :( My points for this week are 15. I didn't get to the emotional part. I'm actually ok with my weight being ok, cuz i really didn't do too much last week, just walks and the stuff on here, no gym time. o i did do a lil at home but it definately shows. but i need back to the gym and i started again today! Did kickboxing and feeling it some tonight but i love it!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Ladies,

I am going on a long weekend with my hubby to San Antonio..We are leaving on friday and returning on sunday i guess..not sure...lol..My hubby has booked the hotels, so not sure on the days.. Also, not sure how far will i be able to complete the challenges this week...but I will try to burn maximum calories this week... :-) Hopefully my foot wont trouble me more this week...

Have a great time!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Ladies,

Have Fun!! I bet the hotel will have a gym so it will be nice for you to change it up.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    WHEW!! what a week! what a day!! I'm just now getting onto MFP from my hectic day today! But i'm here! My weight is still the same :( My points for this week are 15. I didn't get to the emotional part. I'm actually ok with my weight being ok, cuz i really didn't do too much last week, just walks and the stuff on here, no gym time. o i did do a lil at home but it definately shows. but i need back to the gym and i started again today! Did kickboxing and feeling it some tonight but i love it!

Great job on your points! That is great that you stayed the same even without working out alot, I think when that happens it means the weight is gone for good!!! I did a kickboxing video last week and it kicked my butt!!! Have a great day!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Ladies,
    TOM is here!!! Blaahhh!! I am cramping super bad so I may just call this my rest day but knowing me probably not. LOL I need to mow my lawn and that is a really good burn. I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!
    Karie
  • babydbones
    Options
    o is my back sore from the kickboxing class yesterday!

yea i feel my friend coming soon by my attitude lol but yea if u work out some even not so hard it will help i swear it does for me lol
  • babydbones
    Options
    i am missing the week 7 challenge...can you post a link. thanks!
  • NewLife_11
    Options