The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @cadajineh- that is absolutely gorgeous and sounds amazing!

@bethanie0825 - I'm glad you're starting to feel better!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Fall is tougher. I gain and hour of work. Spring I lose and hour of work so that makes me happy. 😊
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Fall is tougher. I gain and hour of work. Spring I lose and hour of work so that makes me happy. 😊

Watching the clock go from 0159 to 0200 and back to 0100 is soul crushing lol. We always work the time changes on my rotation
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm not sure how, but I always work the time changes as well. I guess it's better than it used to be. I used to end up on the fall rotation but not the spring rotation. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hmmm, that's probably why I like the fall time change too. It gives me an hour extra to do all my site checks AND I get paid an extra hour.
    Hubby & I are doing some loss prevention training for a large store (Canadian Tire) here tomorrow and then I have to work a full night shift - :s I am gonna be dead tired on Tuesday when I get back home to sleep.... and then I have a ton of stuff to do in that day before another patrol shift that night. Taking hubby along on Tuesday night to refresh his City Patrol training for when we get back from the China trip. He is in seasonal retirement from his window cleaning business so he flips over to Security during the winter. One of my co-workers just found out his wife is very sick (possible lung cancer and they can't operate due to heart attack or stroke likelihood.) He is taking compassionate leave for a while, so we will be working around that. Crossing my fingers for them.
  • sufferlandrian
    A smattering of snow today. Nothing that stuck to the road but enough to look beautiful. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    No snow here lol and that's fine. I did get a hike in this morning before napping for tonight's shift
  • dj_thomp1234
    dj_thomp1234 Posts: 73 Member
    hi everyone. i have 30 minutes left for the night. i thought it would never end. where is everyone from?? Michigan here
  • sufferlandrian
    Montana here.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Missouri here. We've only seen a few flurries so far, and I'm fine if it stays that way, lol!

Finally restarting Krav Maga lessons after hurting my back over the summer and packing on an extra 20 lbs that I REALLY didn't need. Hoping it'll give me a boost in getting back on track!
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    I am a cop on the midnight shift. I am happy I found this thread. It should help pass the time when things are quiet.
  • bethanie0825
    911 dispatcher in North Carolina. Permanent night shift
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    I am a cop on the midnight shift. I am happy I found this thread. It should help pass the time when things are quiet.

patrol officer here too - we rotate between days & nights though
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    911 dispatcher in North Carolina. Permanent night shift

NC LEO here - always gotta show the dispatchers some love!!! <3
  • sufferlandrian
    Ok. If you’re going to feed your dog a RAW diet, at least grind the bones. Going to surgery for an obstruction but it could have been a perforation.
  • sufferlandrian
    Happy Thanksgiving all those who are working tonight.
  • bethanie0825
    I hope everyone had a great holiday!! Back to work for the weekend for me

@JBanx256 woot woot!! :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Surprise day off. Got the Christmas lights up. 😉
  • bethanie0825
    @sufferlandrian That's awesome, yay!!!!

Happy December! My hubs brought all of the Christmas stuff into the house and set the tree up for me. Tomorrow is decoration time!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Yeah! Another holiday is done. I'll be glad when the next two are over and we can get back to the usual routine. There's something about a predictable shift that helps.