**LADIES** P90x Challenge starting August 1st!!!

Options

Replies

• Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 3, Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X Done!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm going at this a bit slower than I would have liked, but I'm still enjoying it. :) A question though.
    Do you drink protein drinks after your workouts? I have noticed that the nights I drink a protein shake (skim milk and whey protein powder) I weigh 1.5-2 pounds more in the morning than the nights I don't. I don't get it. I was down to 138.2 yesterday, did my work out last night, had the shake, weighed in at 139.8 this morning. This happens every time, it wasn't just a fluke. I'm kind of wanting to drop the shakes - they are making me feel defeated!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm going at this a bit slower than I would have liked, but I'm still enjoying it. :) A question though.
    Do you drink protein drinks after your workouts? I have noticed that the nights I drink a protein shake (skim milk and whey protein powder) I weigh 1.5-2 pounds more in the morning than the nights I don't. I don't get it. I was down to 138.2 yesterday, did my work out last night, had the shake, weighed in at 139.8 this morning. This happens every time, it wasn't just a fluke. I'm kind of wanting to drop the shakes - they are making me feel defeated!

I always drink Shakeology(meal replacement/protein shake) after my workouts for breakfast. It is pretty important to give your body back what it uses for workouts. It may be that your muscles are retaining more water from your workouts, are you pretty sore? Also, don't weigh yourself so often. Maybe once a week or every other week, so you won't get so discouraged(I have the same problem)
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    Rest day today for me...... I kinda hate rest days now, since I don't get to eat more!!! LOL
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I always drink Shakeology(meal replacement/protein shake) after my workouts for breakfast. It is pretty important to give your body back what it uses for workouts. It may be that your muscles are retaining more water from your workouts, are you pretty sore? Also, don't weigh yourself so often. Maybe once a week or every other week, so you won't get so discouraged(I have the same problem)

Thanks, yeah, I'm wondering too if it's because I do my workouts at night (8:30 or so, then shake at 9:30 and in bed by 10:30) so I'm drinking them kind of late? But I've noticed that if I don't drink them, I wake up raging starving the next day and I eat wayyyyy to much food. It could be any of that, that you mentioned. It's a mystery sometimes! :laugh:
  • rc12345
    rc12345 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    is it possible you have an allergy to dairy? I have a water weight gain when I have dairy products. Just a thought. :) Don't know if it is applicable. :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2: Core Syn. Done. Finally got the hang of the Steam Engine exercise, there really is a different between lifting your legs with your legs and lifting your legs with your core. Also, love love love the Reach High Reach Under push ups, I think it's my favorite exercise in all of P90x.
  • scarletleavy
    Options

Thanks, yeah, I'm wondering too if it's because I do my workouts at night (8:30 or so, then shake at 9:30 and in bed by 10:30) so I'm drinking them kind of late? But I've noticed that if I don't drink them, I wake up raging starving the next day and I eat wayyyyy to much food. It could be any of that, that you mentioned. It's a mystery sometimes! :laugh:

I think it might have something to do with the late nights. If you eat late at night and weigh first thing in the morning it would make sense that there is still undigested stuff in your stomach that might add a bit to your weight. I guess the same concept as not weighing yourself right after eating? Maybe weigh yourself on the morning after your rest day? That might give you a more accurate read on actual weight. I wouldn't give up the shakes though, especially if it messes up your eating for the next day.
  • jamielynn1981
    Options

I think it might have something to do with the late nights. If you eat late at night and weigh first thing in the morning it would make sense that there is still undigested stuff in your stomach that might add a bit to your weight. I guess the same concept as not weighing yourself right after eating? Maybe weigh yourself on the morning after your rest day? That might give you a more accurate read on actual weight. I wouldn't give up the shakes though, especially if it messes up your eating for the next day.

agree :smile:
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    is it possible you have an allergy to dairy? I have a water weight gain when I have dairy products. Just a thought. :) Don't know if it is applicable. :)

hmm.. not sure about that, you may google it??
  • kgsmiles3
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 Back & biceps plus ARX :)

I'm back in business and feeling the BURN !!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am finally back on track after a horrible week of my eyes almost swollen shut, hives, and not knowing what was causing it all!!!! Started exercising again and am getting back on track today, but I will say I haven't been eating well the past week so I don't know about the weigh in on Friday but I have to take the bad along with the good!!! and hopefully learn from it! Week 6 day 1 Complete!!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Gettin ready to do back and biceps w/ arx w/ the hubby-tomorrow going to substitute yoga for cardio x for day 4 week 7-almost to recovery wk again!
  • scarletleavy
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am finally back on track after a horrible week of my eyes almost swollen shut, hives, and not knowing what was causing it all!!!! Started exercising again and am getting back on track today, but I will say I haven't been eating well the past week so I don't know about the weigh in on Friday but I have to take the bad along with the good!!! and hopefully learn from it! Week 6 day 1 Complete!!!!

Oh no. So sorry to hear that. You're definitely having some sort of allergic reaction. Any chance you're taking some sort of antibiotic? This is exactly the reaction I had when I found out I was allergic to most antibiotics. Also, the same reaction when I take ibuprofen. Yes, I'm allergic to both, lucky me.

Hope you feel better. Swollen eyes and hives are just the worst.
  • jamielynn1981
    Options
    Sick baby boy today :( Maybe I will still get legs and back in while he is taking a nap....
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

Oh no. So sorry to hear that. You're definitely having some sort of allergic reaction. Any chance you're taking some sort of antibiotic? This is exactly the reaction I had when I found out I was allergic to most antibiotics. Also, the same reaction when I take ibuprofen. Yes, I'm allergic to both, lucky me.

Hope you feel better. Swollen eyes and hives are just the worst.

The only medicine I had in my system was that I just had my tetnis shot...just because I hadn't had it in 10 years. At first I thought that was what it had to be, but then another person that I know very well ended up having the same reactions and she didn't have the shot. I think it was either a really high pollen count or some chemical we had both been around.....she cleans for me at my job. We both had it within a day of each other! Who knows!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    arms, shoulders, triceps and ab ripper X complete!!! Cardio X tommorow!!
  • scarletleavy
    Options
    Kenpo X done. I think I"m finally getting the hang of this punching thing. This workout is making me think about buying a punching bag and gloves or taking some sort of kickboxing class.

Hope you all are having a great week!
  • Melslifestylechange
    Options
    Week 5, Day 4, Yoga X is done.
  • Melslifestylechange
    Options
    Week 5, Day 5, Legs, Back, and Ab ripper X are done. Looking forward to the long weekend. :)