12 Week Challenge - 9/23 to 12/16

Replies

• jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    @MoKaaz I agree, salt and sodium really affect me for some reason and cause 3-4 pounds of fluctuation. I am used to it by now, so it doesn't get to me as much.
    Thank you though!

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Been a little quiet here the past few days. I'll get it back into motion. Took a beautiful 4+ Mile hike in the mountains with my 🐕 this morning. A little chilly, but we had the trail all to ourselves. He's never gone that far, so I had to keep encouraging him to keep up. He is a very blocky 95 pound English Labrador, and his nickname is "Mopey", so probably not my best choice in walking partners, but he did his best. Maybe next time I'll take my 40 pound Boston-PBGV mix. He's a little motor. 🐶
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Been a little quiet here the past few days. I'll get it back into motion. Took a beautiful 4+ Mile hike in the mountains with my 🐕 this morning. A little chilly, but we had the trail all to ourselves. He's never gone that far, so I had to keep encouraging him to keep up. He is a very blocky 95 pound English Labrador, and his nickname is "Mopey", so probably not my best choice in walking partners, but he did his best. Maybe next time I'll take my 40 pound Boston-PBGV mix. He's a little motor. 🐶

LOL! Mopey is such a funny nickname! I tried taking my 14 pound 14 year old pup out for walk on this gorgeous day and she barely made it up the hill. She is slowing down big time and it makes me a little sad tbh. Tomorrow looking forward to a run to work off my In-N-Out lunch ;)
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member

Aw sounds like a fantastic time! I bet if you take Mopey out more often he will get used to the long walks. Maybe if you brought them both along they could encourage eachother!
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    MoKaaz wrote: »

Aw sounds like a fantastic time! I bet if you take Mopey out more often he will get used to the long walks. Maybe if you brought them both along they could encourage eachother!

Opie, aka "Mopey" usually just walks one lap around the park, which is about .6 mile, twice daily. Saturday's are our hike days.
    We usually go 3 miles. My little terrier mix, Murray, hates walking with him because Opie is so slow. Murray just gets frustrated. They're so silly.
  • asolita
    asolita Posts: 37 Member
    @dustyspal - I'm in for another 12 weeks; thank you for suggesting...
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    edited November 2019
    @dustyspal
    I'm in it to the end no matter what. Won't see me giving up so easily now!
    I will be down to keep up this forum for another 12 weeks, though I bet it won't take me that long to hit me goal :)
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,977 Member
    12 Week Challenge 2019 ~ Sept 23 ~ Dec 16
    •Monday Updates•
    My name is Tish
    Highest Weight~ 253
    Current Weight: 185.2
    12 Week Goal Weight: 175

Weigh In Schedule:
    9/23~ 185.2
    9/24~ 185.6
    9/30~ 183
    10/3~ 182.4
    10/07~ 183.6 - No, not gaining
    Just normal fluctuations.
    10/14 - 181.8
    10/21 - 181.6
    10/28 - 183 - Smh. Up and down the scale to end the month the same weight as I started the month. The good news is that this 183 is excess fluid and not October 1st excess fat. My body fat percentage decreased. The scale weight will catch up eventually.
    10/31 - 181.8
    11/4: 183.6 - no excessive carbs, don't think it's the amount of water I drink, SOMETHING though is keeping my weight elevated. I'll keep digging.
    11/11: 181.4
    11/18: 183.2

11/25: 183.4
    12/02:
    12/09:
    12/16

• mthwbrwn
    mthwbrwn Posts: 104 Member
    Highest Weight 203. (Sep 1 19)
    12 Week Goal Weight:175.0
    Final goal Weight: 175.0

Weigh In Schedule:

23 Sep 193.0 BF 23.3%
    30 Sep 191.4 BF 23.5%
    _7 Sep 191.2 BF 23.8%
    14 Oct 188.7 BF 23.2%
    22 Oct 192.1 BF 22.3%
    28 Oct 190.1 BF 22.2%
    _5 Nov 191.0 BF 22.1%
    11 Nov 188.7 BF 23.0%
    18 Nov 188.1 BF 23.3%
    25 Nov 188.3 BF 23.1%

So yeah, I look at this and I could think " This is bad, I'm not where my plan said I should be" or I could say "This is good, I have been able to stabilize the losses from before the 12 weeks started." I could also say that "I have enough data to adjust the number MFP is giving me for the day by -200 Kcals per day" and refocus toward my goal. I think I will choose the third option.
  • mthwbrwn
    mthwbrwn Posts: 104 Member
    Is the person who started this post even around anymore???? I looked back over the last couple weeks and haven't seen any posts from him/her.

Yes, I noticed that too, though I didn't want to call out anyone by name. I wanted the information about those who remain to be inspirational; I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way and feel guilty.

There really could be any number of reasons why someone might have fallen off, and I hope OP, and anyone else for that matter, feels like a return to the discussion would be welcomed. I don't know OP, but for those who do, maybe send a personal message to check in.

@dustyspal -- I was apprehensive about how my bringing up that the OP isn't around would look. You, however, show a deep commitment to this discussion group and demonstrated genuine concern with your personal replies to everyone last week.

If you would like, I can get you a list of everyone who has fallen off if you would like to invite them back.

• jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Since Monday are my highest days of the week, I will put my Sunday weight and include my 7 day average for the week. Really looking to break into the 130's by the end of this challenge.

Highest Weight: 178
    Current Weight: 145.4
    12 Week Goal Weight: 135-138
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135-138

Weigh In:

9/23: 143.7 (Avg 144.6) - Weekends are my downfall. Had my youngest daughters birthday party and drank a little to much with the family on Saturday. It always hits me 2 days later.

9/30: 140.9 (Avg 142.34) - tailgating for the Cowboys game. Drank and ate way to much yesterday. Feel terrible today and realizing I am getting way to old for these crazy weekends anymore.

10/07: 141.5 (Avg 143.5) - Took a 3 day weekend this weekend. Had a little bit of a fall Saturday night and just needed to rest. The hubby and I are going to see a movie (Joker) and probably go out to lunch. Not having any snacks or popcorn though at the movies.

10/14: 143.6 (Avg 143.13) - My lowest Monday ever. Did really well this weekend and am super proud that I held it together. If I can get my Mondays (which is usually my highest day of the week) down to 138 I will be stoked! Although, I haven't even been able to get my lowest days of the week into the 130's yet, lol.

10/21: 143.9 (Avg 141.97) - Yup I had a really good weekend. Darnitt! At least my 7 day average is still trending down.

10/28: 139.7 (Avg 143.37) Was high all week for some reason, but ended lower. Did a 24 hour fast on Saturday, so my Sunday weigh-in is probably lower than it should be. I am sure will bounce back up, but was nice to see this morning.

11/4: 140.7 ( Avg 141.13) Was a little higher than last week, but not by much. Now I will bounce around here for a couple of weeks. I have really been trying, it's just so slow these days.

11/11: 144.3 (Avg 141.57) and that is my weight after a bloody Mary and Mexican food yesterday! Booo

11/18: 141.3 (Avg 140.94) Have done really well this weekend. Hopefully I can continue the downward trend, no matter how slow

11/25: 137.1 (Avg 139.23) This may go up, but am happy with it for today. I was diagnosed with shingles and put on ant-virals about a week ago and have zero appetite. So my calories have been extremely low and so my weight has dropped. I am hoping this is the whoosh I have been waiting for and that it sticks when I get off of the meds, but it may go up a bit.

12/02:
    12/09:
    12/16: