The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    The meet-the-parents trip went kind of amazing well! So yeah!

I don't think I'm gonna put up any Christmas stuff this year, I just don't feel like it, tbh. My apartment is still mostly a pile of boxes from when I moved in, lol.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @sufferlandrian Holidays and the disruption do give me anxiety lol

@jennifer_417 Yay!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,187 Member
    Got my Christmas lights up but that’s about it. I think it’s going to be a pretty low key Christmas this year. The kids didn’t even start asking for stuff until December. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    My stepson hasn't asked for anything yet. We have no idea what to get him.
  • sufferlandrian
    My daughter saw packages arrived and informed me that her christmas present has arrived. I hope I don't get home and she know that because it's open. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow, I think this thread may have died.
  • bethanie0825
    Which makes me sad
  • sufferlandrian
    Me too. I guess it had to happen. People keep getting day jobs.
  • bethanie0825
    Very true.
  • jennifer_417
    Probably inevitable, but it is sad. I've been on this thread a loooong time and through quite a few jobs, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    You've been on here since I came on. That's been several years.
  • sufferlandrian
    I hate when it warms up and rains on top of cold ground. Now I've got ice on the roads to deal with. Hopefully it will be melted when I come back in tonight.
  • sufferlandrian
    It's like Christmas in Seattle here. It's raining and the temp was up to 52 today. Avalanches all around us. I miss my snow.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi, y'all! I'm back! Working like a maniac though.... Loss prevention - straight days this month after the trip (except for one 12 hr overnighter on a construction site.) It's because I'm so good with people o:) . I can charm them into dumping out their shopping bags, lol, and digging out receipts.
    Snowed/sleeted/rained like the devil the past couple days... most of the highways intermittently closed and one of the bosses stuck down at the Coast (Vancouver area), truck rollovers we need to be onsite for and shorthanded. :o
    Temp sux here too. Staying just at or above freezing overnights and warming from that during the day. Local ski area got 70 cm of pow yesterday, though... hoping I can fit some skiing in next month. Waving at you buds, and the newbies.
  • jennifer_417
    The temp has been all over here, but that's pretty much normal.
    I'm not feeling Christmas much this year, tbh. I didn't put up a tree or anything. I miss my mom.
    I'm going to visit the bf's folks with him, then heading to Witchita to spend Christmas with a friend.
    Been busy, but couldn't tell you what I've actually accomplished, lol.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Good time to visit with friends, Jenn. Holiday expectations are a PITA. I do get tired of all the dramah this time of year from everyone out there. We don't celebrate so it's just tiresome, and I'm always glad when everyone gets back to normal, come Jan 5th or so.
  • sufferlandrian
    It is nice to get back to normal routine. We haven't done much to celebrate Christmas because I usually don't have it off. I will this year though so I'm not sure what to expect. I've had Christmas off twice in the last 20 years. Glad my job keeps me out of the drama most of the time. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    We celebrated Christmas Saturday due to stepson's visitation schedule. I work tonight and tomorrow night. Wednesday, the hubs and I are going to drive to the Outer Banks and just drive Hwy 12.
  • sufferlandrian
    I’m working as usual.
  • bethanie0825
    Merry Christmas guys!!