WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Terri: Your sunset photo is glorious! :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: I’ve volunteered to go to DH’s chair yoga classes for the next while. I’ll also be going to my yoga class which meets twice a week. Yoga has done wonders for my agility and overall health. I am hoping it will do the same for DH. He was going to physical therapy but discovered that chair yoga is much more helpful for him. :heart:

Barbie: Good news about your bone density test. YAY!!! Mine has improved over time, which I didn’t think was possible. I started the medication after two separate falls fractured one wrist and then the other. I had a bone density scan that showed good improvement after having taken the medication for a while. Medication is one health strategy, and exercise is another. Yoga and horseback riding have both been positive for me. Yoga has improved my flexibility & the horsey pounding at a trot has certainly impacted my sit bones and made them stronger. I think walking and dancing are just as helpful. I get dizzy dancing. :embarassed: Walking, yoga and horseback riding work better for me. I will continue to combine exercise and bone density meds as long as my doctor is supportive. :star:

Machka: You have a great attitude about your work. If you decide to return to Canada, what region would you choose to call home? I’m familiar with BC, and have loved visiting there many times, but I haven’t been anywhere else in Canada. :ohwell:

Lisa: You are working for a great organization and I hope they’ll give you the promotion you deserve. My granddaughter is a girl scout and loves it. I think Girl Scouts is a wonderful organization thanks to positive people like Rori and you. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Katla! :blush:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is International Ninja Day!

"Ninjas first appeared around the year 600. Historically, they served samurai warriors. They spied on or assassinated an enemy. While some sources suggest they were fallen samurai, most point to the common man – and woman. They walked among the farmers and servants of everyday life. However, the skills of a ninja were passed down from generation to generation. ... Novels and films have brought the way of the ninja to the mainstream. From Japanese action films to animated turtles, ninja movies covered the spectrum. Spy novels, comic books, and series captured the imaginations of every age. Their mystery fed storylines across genres until ninja became a genre all its own."

SuziQ - It's a shame you're having to wait so long for your promotion. Sounds like a lot of bureaucratic red tape! I'm self employed and while that has its disadvantages, I love being in charge of myself, my schedule, my priorities, etc. I have a great boss and I can give myself any title I want.

Karen - It's no longer realistic to expect companies to be loyal to their people, so young employees have little reason to be loyal to a company. This is a two-way street and many young workers have seen friends and family members rewarded for years and years of service with unforgiveable treatment and/or layoffs. The best approach these days seems to be to do your best work where you are but continually watch for opportunities to move to greener pastures.

Carol - The Atwood books are especially disturbing given the current political climate. But they are definitely great reads.

Barbara - What a lovely bedtime story and a beautiful memory!

Dental checkup this morning. It went really well and I'm proud of myself because I've been taking great care of my teeth. Now I'm trying not to nag Philip to do the grocery shopping. He was supposed to do it Tuesday but didn't, then he was ill yesterday. If he doesn't shop today I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner. This is just a little bobble though... the new system of planning meals with Mealime and having him access the grocery list via the app has working pretty well. I think the Thanksgiving holiday just put us a little out of sync with our plan.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    susiq113 you wrote "I have been working through the holiday blues. Those darn Christmas songs. It’s a love/hate relationship. They all bring up many memories which can either make me laugh or tear up. I miss the physicality of my angels. To have just one more hug (tearing up now so no more on that subject)."

i'm in the same boat. the holidays are either the best or worst time of year. worse is because of the memories it brings up and it's sad cuz everyone else around you is so cheerful. My late husband had a seisure on Christmas day in 1994 and we spent the day in the hospital while visiting his mother. Jan. 4th we found out he was HIV positive and later died that same year on 10/10/95 so TRUST me, i know what you mean

Hi Pip.
    Big hug to you.

During past years I have done something in memory of those I have lost. It makes me feel better (for some reason - maybe because I am honoring them?). I have done many different things such as building a house with Habitat and volunteering to serve Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless. I missed the deadlines for the holiday volunteer opportunities this year and must put a reminder on my calendar for next September to volunteer early.

My wish to you is that you are able to find that spot between the fond memories and feeling the joy and wonder of the season.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Suzi from Utah: Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • sunflower2o
    sunflower2o Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Sunflower. I watch a lot of TV with my husband. He isn't very active because of his health and I want to spend time with him. I have a recumbent exercise bike that I ride while watching TV so I can be active and watch TV at the same time. Where do you live that you can grow sunflowers? Do you have a photo of your sunflowers?

:) I am starting to make my list of 20 for 2020 and deciding what will be my theme for the year. I completed 14 of my 19 for 2019. My theme for 2019 was "pause".

:) I enjoyed lots of time by myself today since Jake has a chiropractor appointment in the morning, lunch with a friend, and took a long nap when he got home.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

@barbiecat That is great way to stay active. You get to spent time with your DH while watching TV which makes the bike time go faster!

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖
  • sunflower2o
    sunflower2o Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes. :):)
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3