WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Michele NC - wish he could decorate it now lol 😂 I’m on my tip ties jumping on a chair to hang ornaments
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Janet Ok ~ So sorry for what your daughter is going through. Prayers that she will get the help she needs.

Kim ~ Glad your electricity is working once again. Have you and your mom made the cookies yet?

Heather ~ So glad you and your hubby are able to be so close to your son and grand children.

Michele ~ I was probably like Denise when my son was born. I was so nervous the pediatrician prescribed me xanax.
    When my grand children were born, I was afraid to hold them at first but I quickly got over that.

Allie ~ Sorry about your fall and hope you will heal quickly. Fingers crossed you will get the job you are hoping for.

Thanks so much for all the advice about my birthday! I think I learned something about hoping everyone would remember me if I didn't say anything. Next year, I will send myself some flowers on the day. By the way, it's in August.

I made a huge pot of beef/chicken, and vegetable soup this AM. Think I will have to freeze some of it as I don't think we will want to eat it for every upcoming meal.

We finally got our artificial tree up, the mantle decorated, and a small tree lit on the kitchen table.

Welcome to All! We are a great group of women.

Carol in GA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,202 Member
    Janetr I hope you are taking care of you during this trying time. I am sure she values your support. It is your turn to lean on those who can support you. :heart: Margaret
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Kim So glad your electricity is repaired! Will be so much easier for you to work on your embroidery, etc. with your normal set up. It amazes me how dependent we are on electricity. I remember losing power as a child and we didn’t do things much differently…just used candles and hurricane lamps. Nowadays with new technology, you can’t do anything without power!

Katla Hope you post pictures of your forest! Sounds so pretty! Unbelievable that your live tree goes from inside to outside and back again. How neat!

Machka I am so impressed you could write 2000 words easily and had to cut down the size of your assignment! Once again, that education helps you out! We have so many highly intelligent women in this group!

Allie So grateful you are not injured more severely!! I was very concerned how you would feel today!

Barbara Awesome that you got another dog!! Love the fur baby pics! I am such a doggy lover!

SuzyQ Looking forward to pics of the puppy!

Heather Wonderful family picture!!

KJ Sounds like a great day with your son. So nice to have talks with children as adults! Impressive how he is cooking tofu, etc.! Not easy! Poor Lauren with the baby drop. She must have been so scared!

Pip Great run! Love the pic!

Janet It will take a while for the new meds for your daughter to work. Hope they help and hope they give her good counsel while she is in the hospital! Hope you have a great time at the dinner tonight!

Back to work on the house...trying to get the tree up! I'm really tired for some reason. Another lady at church this morning said everyone she knows has been complaining about being tired. May be partly the stress (and depression) surrounding the holidays. I miss so many people this time of year!! Like others have mentioned, I've had too many losses around Christmas!

<3 Luci in WNC

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,992 Member
    JanetR- I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through such a rough time and praying she has a healthy recovery.
    Took an almost 3 hr nap.. and now watching Hallmark movies lazy day.think I needed that..
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Luci, Barbara, Lanette, Michele, and KJ. Thank you for the kind words and support.
  • SuziQ113
    My son and DDIL went off for their bicycle ride at 9 o'clock this morning. We were babysitting. Lots of activities, including Art, Poetry Writing and Juggling. (I can juggle 3 balls).

Now we are collapsed at home.

Light dinner tonight I think. :|

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

What a lovely family photo! Hope you had a restful sleep.
  • SuziQ113
    Lanette,
    I have found through trial and tribulation my body works best with a good mix of carbs and vegetables versus high protein. When my body craves meat I provide it, but much rather have a baked potato with a salad. It sounds like an interesting subject and I think I do will research online.

I tossed all of my WW journals about a year and now regret it. I have been saving the food dairies by month from MFP and think it's a great idea to keep them so I can look back. They are a great reminder when we hit plateaus and/or are slipping. :smile:
  • SuziQ113
    Kelly - Your poor daughter....what a scare. TG the baby is OK.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    ☘️